News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva take over Midland

Started by Ck, July 27, 2012, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

Old clapped out sheds. . . Perfect for cannock then.  ;D
National Express Buses in photographs. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Martin.Morris25/members/

Discodave

Quote from: Martin Morris (Autistic.) on January 13, 2013, 02:37:26 PM

Another person with sense to see Cannocks fleet for what it is not just the odd few New buses.

Discodave

I have posted elsewhere is there any decision was supposed to be today if it will be absorbed or anyting has to go to absorb it.

covlad27

The decision is expected by the 21st according to the OFT website

Bob

So will we definately find out on Monday the outcome of the Oft investigation into the Midland takeover? Makes me laugh how they can investigate Arriva moving into the Midlands, where there are quite a few different operators, yet Arriva can have an ( as yet) completely unchallenged monopoly in Cannock and therefore provide as crap and expensive service as they like? Oft ought to make them offload some services entering the WM from Staffordshire, that would make things a bit more varied...

Tony

Quote from: bob on January 18, 2013, 06:20:42 PM
So will we definately find out on Monday the outcome of the Oft investigation into the Midland takeover? Makes me laugh how they can investigate Arriva moving into the Midlands, where there are quite a few different operators, yet Arriva can have an ( as yet) completely unchallenged monopoly in Cannock and therefore provide as crap and expensive service as they like? Oft ought to make them offload some services entering the WM from Staffordshire, that would make things a bit more varied...

Is the investigation into Arriva moving in to the West Midlands? - or is it the fact that Midland are the only other operator in Cannock?

Bob

I didnt think it had anything to do with the Cannock side of things?

jarh_9394

But, by the same token, who said it had anything to do with moving into the West Midlands?

Bob

Well we'll see wont we, if it was due to them having a monopoly in Cannock then thats a good thing right? But if they recommend no action and nothing. changes then its a total waste of time and taxpayers money

Discodave

Quote from: Tony on January 18, 2013, 10:06:46 PM
Quote from: bob on January 18, 2013, 06:20:42 PM

Is the investigation into Arriva moving in to the West Midlands? - or is it the fact that Midland are the only other operator in Cannock?

Thats a good one as looking at the past buying chase (no competetion in staffordshire as were on 860 and 1) and putting on 68 and 69 to knock out green bus now buying Midland taking out competition for tendered work on the 23,62 etc which Arriva once ran and lost due to tendering (23) or like the 62 they wanted a tender but SCC did not provide so it was took off tendered to Midland now Arriva could possibly have it.  Monopoly so maybe good West Mids side but with regards to staffordshire Arriva are dominant just like NXWM you have to take into account not just Cannock but Tamworth,Telford,Stafford and even Wardle look how big they are may be spread out but still covers a huge area.

nx4737

Quote from: Discodave on January 14, 2013, 11:05:31 AM
Quote from: Martin Morris (Autistic.) on January 13, 2013, 02:37:26 PM

Another person with sense to see Cannocks fleet for what it is not just the odd few New buses.

Please don't encourage him Martin  ;D

Bob

True though, my mate was telling me apparently most of Midlands fleet were nails, and that came from a driver! But you wouldnt need to take the drivers word for it just look at the state of the fleet. Old Solo's are going to be sheds arent they, same for Darts

nx4737

Quote from: bob on January 19, 2013, 05:22:04 PM
True though, my mate was telling me apparently most of Midlands fleet were nails, and that came from a driver! But you wouldnt need to take the drivers word for it just look at the state of the fleet. Old Solo's are going to be sheds arent they, same for Darts

Oh I can't disagree there, the fleet is a mixed bag of tat...

Bob

Definately, and the cheek to be all over red with Midland on! midland red would turn in their grave lol seein that shower of s**t attemptin to emulate it!

PM

Quote from: bob on January 19, 2013, 05:46:13 PM
Definately, and the cheek to be all over red with Midland on! midland red would turn in their grave lol seein that shower of s**t attemptin to emulate it!

Which begs the question why did Arriva buy it??!! I do agree though about Midland's fleet

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk