News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva take over Midland

Started by Ck, July 27, 2012, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwsau cymru

Cant see why the OFT would rule against arriva I think personally they should be encouraging more competition against NX. Really hope arriva get it and hope they do a good job with it, they certainly will need to have a decent amount of spending buses as the Midland depot buses are quite old and run down. Hope to see some more Enviro200's coming in but cant understand why they wont more double deckers unless there is plans for new routes our something? what do you think the deckers would go on?
campaigning for better transport for all

covlad27

Probably the number 10 they seem to be busy at some times

nx4737

Solo broke down in Sutton this morning on the 105, Lol...

Bob

Wonder how much of the Midland fleet will be kept after the takeover, considering its 90% ( probably more) tat lol

richie

I saw S2 CLA Optare Excel in Dudley Bus Station today with digi blinds fitted I dunno if this is relevent but I thought it was withdrawn

Bob

Jesus theyre never keepin that surely? lol! I think the P & R reg Darts and Older Solo's will go cos theyre contemporary with the buses Arriva are now starting to withdraw but the question is what will replace em?

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: richie on December 31, 2012, 01:42:19 PM
I saw S2 CLA Optare Excel in Dudley Bus Station today with digi blinds fitted I dunno if this is relevent but I thought it was withdrawn

It's been in service again for a few weeks now, usually on route 10 Wolverhampton-Perton.

With the digi-blinds, it received them at the same time as the rest of the fleet when they had the repaint and new seat covers.

jarh_9394

Actually, it never came off the road since being resurrected a few years back and neither has it had the seats re-trimmed (just the floor refitted).

It received the Mobitec blind over a year ago.

Bob

Itll be dead interesting to see what Arriva move over to Wednesfield, maybe some of Cannocks smaller buses will go over, i wonder what theyll keep as well. The B6s are staying at Stafford so they definatly arent gonna be going

jarh_9394

There are more refurbished MPDs due initially.

Bob

Any idea how many altogether? i was hoping Cannocks entire fleet of MPDs or at least most of them would go over

jarh_9394

Bob

Damn i was hoping the worst of Cannocks fleet would go to Midland where it would fit in :-///

Bob

I wonder which will be the first Midland services to get the chop?

covlad27

Im interested to see how Arriva will manage the wednesfield depot.  Im wondering whether they will have duty managers and relief duty managers as at all the other Arriva depots, anyone know??

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk