News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva take over Midland

Started by Ck, July 27, 2012, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivaaston

On staffords today there is 3728, 3729, 3731 and plaxton centro 3738 and I've not even seen 1 of them on pye greens today!! And 3oute 1 branded 3702 seems to of vanished from cannock, I've not seen it for about a week on route now......

andyr

3 to 4 hours to clean a bus! I think a time and motion study is needed Tony. Operators like Lothian have an immiculate fleet and your suggesting each of there buses takes 4 hours per night to prepare. We turn round 8 immeculate touring coaches in under 2 hours every Sunday night. Hand washed, bladed and chamiosed plus a full clean inside. Hoovered seats, seat back tables sanitised, kitchen fully cleaned and restocked, 4 hours on a bus?

Badger

Caught the 63 today. Still in Midland colours, but all the interior posters have been removed and replaced with the usual aquamarine Arriva posters. Solo; not sure if they just used to use different solos on the route but the chairs appeared to be different, more comfortable than the usual. I guess they might have just moved the buses around a bit. Same driver as usual.

No advertisements inside either.
My local's the 3 and 63.
Casual bus user. Doesn't know much other than some buses look nicer than others.
Contractual web developer, self employed game designer/programmer, Wolverhampton bjorn and bread.

Tony

Quote from: andyr on October 31, 2012, 11:54:17 PM
3 to 4 hours to clean a bus! I think a time and motion study is needed Tony. Operators like Lothian have an immiculate fleet and your suggesting each of there buses takes 4 hours per night to prepare. We turn round 8 immeculate touring coaches in under 2 hours every Sunday night. Hand washed, bladed and chamiosed plus a full clean inside. Hoovered seats, seat back tables sanitised, kitchen fully cleaned and restocked, 4 hours on a bus?

A touring coach after one days work or one tour is far easier to clean than a bus after a weeks work. I've cleaned a coach after arriving in depot when I used to work for Central Liner, and then cleaned a bus after V festival. I know which one was easier and quicker to do.
The coach also looked better after the quicker clean. The length of time it takes also depends on the quality of the clean. When a bus gets a 'special clean' it can easily take 4 hours

andyr

Unfortunatley Tony in this day and age people are treating our touring coaches with little or no respect. i can assure you the standard of our claening is second to none as of course is clear to see when one of our immaculate red tri-axle van hools is seen on the roads of the uk and europe. I also worked for Central Liner and the standard of the cleaning there with a few exceptions was very poor. The london liner fleet internally was a disgrace.

Tony

Quote from: andyr on November 04, 2012, 02:40:11 PM
Unfortunatley Tony in this day and age people are treating our touring coaches with little or no respect. i can assure you the standard of our claening is second to none as of course is clear to see when one of our immaculate red tri-axle van hools is seen on the roads of the uk and europe. I also worked for Central Liner and the standard of the cleaning there with a few exceptions was very poor. The london liner fleet internally was a disgrace.

I don't disagree with a word you have written there. Remember at Central the London Liners were cleaned by cleaners, the Central Liners generally by their drivers, and yes the London Liners were very poor. I took D932ODA down to the Southampton Coach Rally one year and spent the whole of the day before trying to get it presentable inside. It still wasn't as good as I had hoped for after a complete day. In contrast 245DOC was always kept in the condition your coaches are kept in now by George.

I would imagine that although your coaches are not treated with the respect touring coaches used to be treated with you still don't have to deal with some of the things bus cleaners have to deal with though like finding hyperdermic needles stuck down seats.

andyr

Tony your comparison is correct, but the thngs we find are getting more and more distgusting! Womens items in the wc being a major problem!!!!  D932ODA, that brings back memories, lets hope that despite its now terrible condition it can be reunited with E906TOJ at Tamworth bus and coach. Terrys bova and Dennis van hool were also immaculate. Good times eh Tony.

andyr

Arriva 4778 with a midland sticker on the front operating the 19 service!!

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: andyr on November 06, 2012, 01:25:26 PM

Interesting that. Still not sure why Wednesfield (Midland) need another decker.

Westy

Didnt Chase vehicles operate 'on hire' to Arriva?

How does this work legally?

Arriva could theorectically place vehicles 'on hire' to Midland.

andy

Quote from: andyr on November 06, 2012, 01:25:26 PM

Does that mean the OFT are happy then?

John

Quote from: andy on November 06, 2012, 06:15:30 PM
Does that mean the OFT are happy then?

I would think that if the OFT had finished, then Midland would be re-named Arriva, and the Gemini would still have it's Arriva logo's, so the Gemini with Midland on it might mean that OFT have not finished yet, and Arriva are not allowed to incorporate Midland into the main Arriva brand.

Bob

4778 a Gemini? lol its a Daf ALX400! Id imagine its Cannock bound and temporary at Midland

John

Quote from: bob on November 06, 2012, 08:47:01 PM
4778 a Gemini? lol its a Daf ALX400! Id imagine its Cannock bound and temporary at Midland

Well I'm sorry Bob. I don't know Arriva Fleetnumbers and asummed it was the Gemini that was rumoured to be heading to Midland.

NXWM Spectra

Yes, its an S reg DAF with ALX400 bodywork.

It was new somewhere between 08/98 and 02/99.

http://www.wmbusphotos.com/Arriva/4778.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk