News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva take over Midland

Started by Ck, July 27, 2012, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Westy on October 27, 2012, 01:05:42 AM
If National Express took over Arriva Cannock, how long before Cannock was shut & operations transferred to Wolves & Walsall?

Alternatively would it be possible for NX to purchase land somewhere in South Staffs & build a 'super depot' to replace Cannock, Wolves & Walsall?

I understand the original intention was to operate Arriva's Cannock routes from TWM Walsall, but the deal never came off & is unlikely to happen now....

Acquiring a former First subsidiary/operation seems more likely currently

Bob

Pity, it wouldve been so much better for passengers if that had happened

Westy

Quote from: bob on October 27, 2012, 09:30:19 AM
Pity, it wouldve been so much better for passengers if that had happened

Yeah, I would still had NX down my road, instead of Arriva!

Bob

lol. With better buses and cheaper( £2.20 cheaper!!) Daysavers!

andyr

Better buses? Please do not think nxwm are perfect! The interior condition of some of there buses is nothing short of disguting. Heaters not working, thread bear dirty seats windows etched and other windows that have not been cleaned for weeks if not months! Rose tinted specs, dont sit well.

Andrew1991

Quote from: andyr on October 27, 2012, 11:39:09 PM
Better buses? Please do not think nxwm are perfect! The interior condition of some of there buses is nothing short of disguting. Heaters not working, thread bear dirty seats windows etched and other windows that have not been cleaned for weeks if not months! Rose tinted specs, dont sit well.

That said, nxwm are actually refurbing their buses.

andyr

Refurbishing yes, but once the bus has been done there is no signs that there being looked after. its typical that a WA based B7 been on 89/01. After one round trip when i catch it the seats refurbed or not are covered in dust,dirt and filth and its obvious the floor and windows have mot been cleaned!

Tony

Quote from: andyr on October 28, 2012, 12:42:54 AM
Refurbishing yes, but once the bus has been done there is no signs that there being looked after. its typical that a WA based B7 been on 89/01. After one round trip when i catch it the seats refurbed or not are covered in dust,dirt and filth and its obvious the floor and windows have mot been cleaned!

The floors on all Walsall buses get cleaned every night. It would be very expensive to clean the inside of the windows and the seats every night. It takes 3 to 4 hours to do a full clean on a bus, that would mean about 90 cleaners per night, so would need a staff of about 120 to cover days off, holidays & sickness.

winston

Quote from: Tony on October 28, 2012, 09:12:24 AM
Quote from: andyr on October 28, 2012, 12:42:54 AM

The floors on all Walsall buses get cleaned every night. It would be very expensive to clean the inside of the windows and the seats every night. It takes 3 to 4 hours to do a full clean on a bus, that would mean about 90 cleaners per night, so would need a staff of about 120 to cover days off, holidays & sickness.

This time of year, the floors of buses will get dirty very quickly especially if its wet & windows get dirty/marked as passengers wipe them when after they steam up

Bob

I dont just mean better quality interiors ( although compared with 3 of Cannocks SB120s, even the worst nxwm bus would look like a showbus) but mechanical maintanence wise, loads of cannocks buses have screeching brakes rattles and bangs, black smoke coming out the back and some reek of fumes at the back on the inside! I remember being on a B10BLE a couple of months back with masking tape holding one of the windows in!!!!

Tony

Quote from: bob on October 28, 2012, 11:47:25 AM
I dont just mean better quality interiors ( although compared with 3 of Cannocks SB120s, even the worst nxwm bus would look like a showbus) but mechanical maintanence wise, loads of cannocks buses have screeching brakes rattles and bangs, black smoke coming out the back and some reek of fumes at the back on the inside! I remember being on a B10BLE a couple of months back with masking tape holding one of the windows in!!!!

masking tape would not be holding a window in! masking tape wouldn't hold anything in, the point of it is it is easily removed. I suspect some painting or glueing had been done and the tape not removed.

2200 Bus

Quote from: Tony on October 28, 2012, 11:53:33 AM
Quote from: bob on October 28, 2012, 11:47:25 AM

masking tape would not be holding a window in! masking tape wouldn't hold anything in, the point of it is it is easily removed. I suspect some painting or glueing had been done and the tape not removed.

Would of most likely been black silicone covered with tape

Bob

On the subject of Cannocks fleet does anyone know if theres any truth in the rumours about the five 57 plate Stafford branded Sb200s being moved elsewhere???

arrivaaston

I haven't seen 3727 for abit.........

Bob

ive noticed that there have been the odd unbranded bus on the 74/5 the last couple of weeks. I wonder if theyll move to another depot or be used to upgrade another Cannock service. Theyd be good for the 1

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk