News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva take over Midland

Started by Ck, July 27, 2012, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s-m-991

Why should the takeover bother anyone? I like the extra Arriva presence in Walsall.

Tony

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on November 06, 2012, 09:00:47 PM
Yes, its an S reg DAF with ALX400 bodywork.

It was new somewhere between 08/98 and 02/99.

http://www.wmbusphotos.com/Arriva/4778.html

Use that same link now and it will show you it with Midland names on!

Westy

Yellow on white?

Why not a standard yellow on red sticker?

JackC

Quote from: Westy on November 07, 2012, 09:25:17 PM
Yellow on white?

Why not a standard yellow on red sticker?

Did think that myself. Can barely see the letters!

covlad27

It seems that a decision is expected from the oft on 14th January 2013. 

Discodave

Before i left the forum I saw the other deckers (midland named in arriva colours) due to OFT police but when leaving work I see 4 MPD darts fresh livery (interurban) and arriva named in yard all LJ51 plated only could make out 2151 fleet number.  Have they been given the ok to merge them in.  Bob is not going to be happy unless they are the cummins engined buses 

John

On the WMbus group, information on there says they will not be used until it is cleared up in January.

They are -
2151 - LJ51 DAU
2153 - LJ51 DBV
2154 - LJ51 DBY
2155 - LJ51 DBZ

Discodave

thats good at least its not shit from cannock but you will never know I hope not as Wednesfield deserve better buses not just worn out solos or clapped out older darts non cummins as being an ex cannock driver they are shit

jarh_9394

All Darts are Cummins-engined.

Discodave

I correct myself the non shit version cummins drove enough of the crappy mpd buses at Cannock

Discodave

Noticed the newer MPD buses have had fare boxes put on.  Is Wednesfield going to be an exact fare depot as this is not the Arriva thing like everywhere else in the UK or is there another reason like they do not trust us with money in the West Midlands even though Hill Top give change.

Bob

Will they accept Arriva Daysavers after January cos they dont at the minute even tho the timetables are on the Arriva website and it says Arriva on the legal lettering on the buses

Westy

What happens if the OFT doesn't give the go ahead for the merger?

I suppose 'Midland' will have to be sold, but would Arriva re-register the routes & operate them from a mixture of Cannock & Hill Top depots?

Bob

Maybe but would most of the routes be worth running? they wouldnt even fill a Transit minibus?

winston

Quote from: Westy on December 24, 2012, 03:28:48 PM
What happens if the OFT doesn't give the go ahead for the merger?

I suppose 'Midland' will have to be sold, but would Arriva re-register the routes & operate them from a mixture of Cannock & Hill Top depots?

I can't see why it wouldn't get given the go ahead to proceed with the takeover.

I don't see why it was even referred in the first place, worst case scenario Arriva may have to give some undertakings

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk