News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service Changes August 29th 2021.

Started by 2206, July 15, 2021, 04:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve3229vp

This is a detailed information from NX about the 96 after I messaged them this afternoon about it being only 13 days before the changes and they need to think about passengers:
96 - The service will extend to Old Oscott, change to serve Warren Farm and also change between Castle Bromwich and Chelmsley Wood. In Kingstanding, the terminus will change to Kingstanding Road, outside Kingstanding library.
From Kingstanding Circle, buses will extend along a one way loop of Old Oscott, along Kingstanding Road, Templeton Road, Thorncliffe Road, Shady Lane, Oscott School Lane, Old Oscott Lane, Dyas Road, Birdbrook Road, Old Oscott Hill and Kingstanding Road to Kingstanding Circle.
Between Kingstanding Circle and College Road, buses will run along Kings Road, Harringay Road, Hurlingham Road, Danesbury Crescent, Warren Farm Road, Brackenbury Road and College Road.
Between Castle Bromwich and Chelmsley Wood, buses will run along Bradford Road, Heathland Avenue, Buckland End, Brook Meadow Road, Heath Way, Brownfield Road, Timberley Lane, Chester Road, Hurst Lane North, Green Lane, Lanchester Way, Auckland Drive, Kingfisher Drive, Burtons Way, Windward Way, Buckingham Road, Chester Road and Moorend Avenue to Chelmsley Wood Interchange.

sonic84

Agreed.  The number of changes between the QE and Bartley Green / Northfield has been crazy over the last 10 yeara.  I also suspected it was only going to be a matter of time before the X21 was extended back to Bartley Green.

monkeyjoe

I know I always used to moan about 94 castle Brom routes treatment, but since creation of x12 / x13 castle Brom seems to have done well from these recent changes

Quote from: Mike K on August 16, 2021, 08:01:32 PM
One thing that's apparent is that since the redevelopment of the QE, and the changes to the south west Birmingham routes that have happened ever since, NX still hasn't produced a network that has worked and lasted for long.

The X64 underwent a farcical amount of changes before being replaced by the X21, which, ironically, will soon be very similar to one of the iterations of the X64. The replacement for the old 21 between Harborne Green Man, the QE and Bartley Green has chopped and changed repeatedly. The 48 is now not far behind the old x64 in the number of times the route after the QE has changed. The 27 has been repeatedly tinkered with, the section of the old 29 route between Harborne and Northfield has already changed twice, and the bus route along Black Haynes Road changes more often than some people change their underwear.

The routes for the X21, X22 and 23 around Bartley Green, in an attempt to serve as many roads as possible, require a Geography degree to understand what goes where and in which direction.

I appreciate that the latest changes have been brought on by a drop in passenger numbers and revenue due to COVID, but if I lived along the impacted routes (my section of the 23 hasn't changed and works well), and used them regularly, I'd be pretty fed up with it all by now.
There was also the 99, X61 (which reverted back to the 61 after not very long), X62 (Bizzare route only going as far as the Town Hall), etc. And I guess the 29th sees the end of the 98/X20 route as its been running for the last 10 years or so Rednal - City Centre as it no longer runs into the City Centre.

Probably won't be long before they all change again though, if most routes are running at a loss, as they can't forever I guess.

Quote from: Tony on August 03, 2021, 09:06:51 PM
Unfortunately cost savings have to be made at the moment. Funding isn't just 'make up your losses' any more and with less than 70% of passengers currently returned almost every route is currently loss making.

Quote from: MasterPlan on August 16, 2021, 10:23:48 PM
I actually find it quite amusing that out of the 98/99/X64 only the X64 goes to the City Centre anymore (albeit in a different guise). Nobody would've thought that at the time.
I am a little surprised they didn't just drop the X and change it to 21/22 given all the other renumbering happening anyway.
And you wouldn't have thought it'd be just be 23/24 on the Harborne corridor and X21/X22 on the University corridor into the City Centre.
Or even U21/U22 like Stagecoach Leamington and First Kernow routes, it'd probably be better than the X.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Mike K on August 16, 2021, 08:01:32 PM
One thing that's apparent is that since the redevelopment of the QE, and the changes to the south west Birmingham routes that have happened ever since, NX still hasn't produced a network that has worked and lasted for long.

The X64 underwent a farcical amount of changes before being replaced by the X21, which, ironically, will soon be very similar to one of the iterations of the X64. The replacement for the old 21 between Harborne Green Man, the QE and Bartley Green has chopped and changed repeatedly. The 48 is now not far behind the old x64 in the number of times the route after the QE has changed. The 27 has been repeatedly tinkered with, the section of the old 29 route between Harborne and Northfield has already changed twice, and the bus route along Black Haynes Road changes more often than some people change their underwear.

The routes for the X21, X22 and 23 around Bartley Green, in an attempt to serve as many roads as possible, require a Geography degree to understand what goes where and in which direction.

I appreciate that the latest changes have been brought on by a drop in passenger numbers and revenue due to COVID, but if I lived along the impacted routes (my section of the 23 hasn't changed and works well), and used them regularly, I'd be pretty fed up with it all by now.

I actually find it quite amusing that out of the 98/99/X64 only the X64 goes to the City Centre anymore (albeit in a different guise). Nobody would've thought that at the time.

I am a little surprised they didn't just drop the X and change it to 21/22 given all the other renumbering happening anyway.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

BBS

the 4A frequency will stay the same right? And 41 ( 1A ) too?
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Quote from: bbs on August 16, 2021, 11:10:49 PM
the 4A frequency will stay the same right? And 41 ( 1A ) too?
41 (1A) - down to every 30 minutes. Sunday & Late Nights withdrawn.
1 - up to every 15 minutes.
4A - Every 15 minutes to Gosepl Oak every 30 to Solihull.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

Someone might want to have a look.

Sure I've just seen an Nx Walsall 31 timetable post 29th August online!

Jack D

Yep your correct, nothing about the changes though , no new 96 timetable on there.

Steveminor

New 96 tt is on the network west Midlands site

BBS

All the new NX bus timetables are on the official website.

BK63 YWP

The PN 17 down to hourly for the whole route no more kingswinford shorts and once a day in each direction 17A.
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Jack D

Will 58 be interworking with another route as obviously 31 has gone?? Could it be 4A as obviously that is every half hour to Solihull?

BBS

Quote from: Jack D on August 17, 2021, 12:14:21 PM
Will 58 be interworking with another route as obviously 31 has gone?? Could it be 4A as obviously that is every half hour to Solihull?
Dosent the 4A already interwork with the normal 4

Sh4318

Quote from: Jack D on August 17, 2021, 12:14:21 PM

I could be wrong, but it looks like the 58 will be self contained
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk