News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service Changes August 29th 2021.

Started by 2206, July 15, 2021, 04:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

Quote from: mesub on August 14, 2021, 08:41:56 PM
The X21 is extended, so running time will most definitely be longer. It should hopefully balance out to a roughly 10 minute gap by the time they reach University Station.

The 61/3 departs around the same time from the Frankley Terminus (previously looking at the timetable).

Ah yeah, X21 journeys appear to take roughly 7 minutes longer. They are timetabled every 10 mins at the station.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Westy

Quote from: Stu on August 14, 2021, 06:02:26 PM
It would be during the week, as I don't think the 'office' teams work at weekends.

The later this is left, the worse the arguments will be.

Many people may be on 'summer holidays' themselves, so like I said, some good advance notice would be handy, so that people can plan and make changes to their normal travelling routine well ahead of September.

I've given the Facebook group I'm a member of, the heads up of what I've learned so far for Walsall, with the disclaimer to wait for the official NX info to pop up, but it seems strange how TfWM(bearing in mind they haven't published their weekly service changes for ages, due to the pandemic!) can publish their information online & yet NX hasn't even made any comment publicly.

The only thing known so far, as far as passengers are concerned, is the notice on Diamond buses promoting their 'change'  to the Partnership routes!

BK63 YWP

4540 route learning rerouted 27 and 7
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

karl724223

Nx have told me all the changes   Just saying 😂

Jack D

Quote from: karl724223 on August 15, 2021, 02:54:44 PM
Nx have told me all the changes   Just saying 😂

How and can you tell us this info?

BBS

I seen a Gemini 1 price branded on formans road not sure if its route learning or etc
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

SK68MEV

1874 seen route learning new 96 route through shard end
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Steve3229vp

This is getting ridiculous, these changes start in 13 days time and still nothing on the website !

mesub

23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

PB2938

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 16, 2021, 05:19:26 PM
This is getting ridiculous, these changes start in 13 days time and still nothing on the website !

Late notice to stop protesting and objecting to local councillers and mps.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Quote from: PB2938 on August 16, 2021, 07:22:06 PM
Late notice to stop protesting and objecting to local councillers and mps.
That's ridiculous
They should give plenty of notice to passengers so people are aware the changes are going ahead in just under 2 weeks time and have time to plan and change there journeys. And there should also have notices onboard including the ones people can take with them.

At this rate they'll probably announce them up the evening before they start.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

OH25

Quote from: 2206 on August 16, 2021, 07:26:21 PM
That's ridiculous
They should give plenty of notice to passengers so people are aware the changes are going ahead in September and have time to plan and change there journeys. And there should also have notices onboard including the ones people can take with them.

well National Express have the monopoly anyway so you would just have to deal with it and adapt to the changes

Dom

Quote from: 2206 on August 16, 2021, 07:26:21 PM
That's ridiculous
They should give plenty of notice to passengers so people are aware the changes are going ahead in just under 2 weeks time and have time to plan and change there journeys. And there should also have notices onboard including the ones people can take with them.

At this rate they'll probably announce them up the evening before they start.

Bit of a daft comment.

The last few changes have been announced 9 days before, which in all fairness is plenty of time. I'd expect it this Friday.

Quote from: Dom on August 16, 2021, 07:58:07 PM
Bit of a daft comment.
Its not, as they don't seem to be able to get their act together and publish the changes. People will want to know the changes, well in advance. And there will need to be notices/flyers onboard buses which aren't in place yet so the  people who don't check the NX website including elderly, etc are aware.

And the changes will probably go down a lot better if people know what is happening in advance, which was my point.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Mike K

One thing that's apparent is that since the redevelopment of the QE, and the changes to the south west Birmingham routes that have happened ever since, NX still hasn't produced a network that has worked and lasted for long.

The X64 underwent a farcical amount of changes before being replaced by the X21, which, ironically, will soon be very similar to one of the iterations of the X64. The replacement for the old 21 between Harborne Green Man, the QE and Bartley Green has chopped and changed repeatedly. The 48 is now not far behind the old x64 in the number of times the route after the QE has changed. The 27 has been repeatedly tinkered with, the section of the old 29 route between Harborne and Northfield has already changed twice, and the bus route along Black Haynes Road changes more often than some people change their underwear.

The routes for the X21, X22 and 23 around Bartley Green, in an attempt to serve as many roads as possible, require a Geography degree to understand what goes where and in which direction.

I appreciate that the latest changes have been brought on by a drop in passenger numbers and revenue due to COVID, but if I lived along the impacted routes (my section of the 23 hasn't changed and works well), and used them regularly, I'd be pretty fed up with it all by now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk