News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service Changes August 29th 2021.

Started by 2206, July 15, 2021, 04:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: bbs on August 12, 2021, 08:39:15 PM
Still confused why AG got the 46 when YW should have it fully.

How do you know once garage could do it more efficiently when you don't even know the details of how it is going to run?

Steve3229vp

Quote from: BK63 YWP on August 12, 2021, 09:01:01 PM
It's not confirmed who's got either, until confirmed fully take info without evidence with a pinch of salt
On the Traveline timetable it does state that it is operated by Acocks Green garage.

gc802002

Quote from: Stu on August 12, 2021, 06:31:56 PM

As for the 46, while this is shown as operated from Acocks Green garage, as the Sunday journeys only operate between Northfield and Cotteridge/Kings Norton, I wouldn't be surprised if Yardley Wood operated those journeys, would make more sense to me.

Sunday 46 to Interwork with 27 perhaps?

mesub

Quote from: sonic84 on August 12, 2021, 08:12:23 PM
Just a thought but with the X21 now going to Bartley Green, the 23 could return to its old line of route avoiding having buses to Birmingham stopping on opposite sides of the road on Romsley Road.

I had a hard think about it a while ago and it's just not possible due to the layout of Bartley Green and the surrounding areas. It would be hard to serve Newman University and still serve the majority of stops that it uses and also have the Romsley Road stops the "right" way without cutting stops out or looping around (which would cause even more confusion than it does currently).

Quote from: MasterPlan on August 12, 2021, 08:30:14 PM
I'm glad the X21 will now go by Newman University, that link shouldn't have gone in the first place.

One weird thing I noticed on the map though is that it's showing the X21 going a different way inbound than outbound along Cromwell Lane. Turning right onto Moors Lane then Briidgburn Road and Farwood Road. That doesn't seem right. Surely it would just go all the way down Cromwell Lane and turn right onto Woodcock Lane.

I'm not that sure, but wouldn't that side of woodcock lane be slightly harder to manoeuvre? (Compared to now)
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

MW

Quote from: bbs on August 12, 2021, 08:39:15 PM
Still confused why AG got the 46 when YW should have it fully.

How would drivers get to the QE / Northfield to takeover from YW? They'd have to travel which the company pays for. There's no driver travelling time if it's operated by AG. Driver relief points are right outside AG depot.

Think of the 46 as the 1A extended to Northfield. Only difference being it changes numbers at QE.

MasterPlan

Quote from: mesub on August 12, 2021, 11:36:21 PM
I'm not that sure, but wouldn't that side of woodcock lane be slightly harder to manoeuvre? (Compared to now)

Possibly might be difficult but I can't see Bridgeburn Road and Farwood Road being any better really.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

BBS

Quote from: MW on August 13, 2021, 01:04:54 AM
How would drivers get to the QE / Northfield to takeover from YW? They'd have to travel which the company pays for. There's no driver travelling time if it's operated by AG. Driver relief points are right outside AG depot.

Think of the 46 as the 1A extended to Northfield. Only difference being it changes numbers at QE.
oh right
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Stu

Quote from: gc802002 on August 12, 2021, 09:21:47 PM
Sunday 46 to Interwork with 27 perhaps?

I can't see how that would be possible as neither route shares a common terminus point.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stu

So August 29th is just over two weeks away now, and still NOTHING officially published on NXWM or NXC websites.

I really hope that something will be announced in the next week, otherwise it is all going to end up being left to the last minute, with passengers given little opportunity to make adjustments to their travel arrangements if needed.
My locals:

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Stu on August 14, 2021, 04:43:26 PM
So August 29th is just over two weeks away now, and still NOTHING officially published on NXWM or NXC websites.

I really hope that something will be announced in the next week, otherwise it is all going to end up being left to the last minute, with passengers given little opportunity to make adjustments to their travel arrangements if needed.
I agree entirely, the timetables have been available on Traveline for nearly a week now, there is no reason for NXM not to publish these changes. I'm expecting them to come out on Sunday evening.

Westy

Intrigued that the Walsall 31 & 32 timetables on TfWM site are still the current ones.

Even the supposed link to the new timetable doesn't work properly, as it's still a joint timetable rather than separate by operator.

(And these were the first ones flagged up, albeit by Diamond, who have promoted leaving the partnership & it's associated changes. Nothing on the NX Walsall vehicles I've caught yet.

Day 1 will be interesting, with the arguments between passenger & driver about ticket validity!)

Stu

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 14, 2021, 05:06:53 PM
I'm expecting them to come out on Sunday evening.

It would be during the week, as I don't think the 'office' teams work at weekends.

Quote from: Westy on August 14, 2021, 05:50:39 PM
Day 1 will be interesting, with the arguments between passenger & driver about ticket validity!)

The later this is left, the worse the arguments will be.

Many people may be on 'summer holidays' themselves, so like I said, some good advance notice would be handy, so that people can plan and make changes to their normal travelling routine well ahead of September.
My locals:

PB2938

YW 27 will interwork with the 20

AG new service 41 replacing 1A will interwork with the 46
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

MasterPlan

It's probably a stupid question, but looking at the timetables on Traveline, the X21 and X22 are scheduled to leave at the same time or thereabouts from Field Lane each time, why is that?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

mesub

Quote from: MasterPlan on August 14, 2021, 08:38:09 PM
It's probably a stupid question, but looking at the timetables on Traveline, the X21 and X22 are scheduled to leave at the same time or thereabouts from Field Lane each time, why is that?

The X21 is extended, so running time will most definitely be longer. It should hopefully balance out to a roughly 10 minute gap by the time they reach University Station.

The 61/3 departs around the same time from the Frankley Terminus (previously looking at the timetable).
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk