News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service Changes August 29th 2021.

Started by 2206, July 15, 2021, 04:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBS

41 is every 30 min and so is 46 which shows they may interwork. I wont keep my hopes up for this though
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Sh4318

Quote from: bbs on August 12, 2021, 03:47:45 PM
41 is every 30 min and so is 46 which shows they may interwork. I wont keep my hopes up for this though

Given the time both services arrive at the QE, they'll either have a long layover or interwork

41 -
46 -
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

BK63 YWP

The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Stu

Regarding the new 20 service, according to Traveline, this is to be operated by Yardley Wood garage.

Looking at the times this arrives at and departs from Parsonage Drive (Cofton Hackett), I'm going to hazard a guess that this is going to interwork with the 27 service? Which would also partially explain the 27's extension from Longbridge station.

As for the 46, while this is shown as operated from Acocks Green garage, as the Sunday journeys only operate between Northfield and Cotteridge/Kings Norton, I wouldn't be surprised if Yardley Wood operated those journeys, would make more sense to me.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MasterPlan

Quote from: Kevin on August 12, 2021, 12:44:02 PM
Interesting choice of route for the X21, up Field Lane to the main Bartley Green stops then down Romsley Road / Adams Hill to the Woodgate terminus. means city bound X21 & X22 stop on opposite sides of Romsley Road to each other

Just had a look at the map myself and I see what you mean, that is a strange one. I guess people will just have to look at the app and see which one is due first!
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

the trainbasher

Looking at the new WN81 tt on Traveline, it seems that the 0700/1700 ex Wolves continues to Merry Hill

Also the 0725/2320 ex Dudley start at Wolverhampton

And it looks on the map that it is going back down the Priory Road route

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

X10 is now turning left at Brierley Hill Police Station to serve Wallows Road looking at the maps, then running to Holly Hall

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

mesub

Quote from: MasterPlan on August 12, 2021, 06:34:50 PM
Just had a look at the map myself and I see what you mean, that is a strange one. I guess people will just have to look at the app and see which one is due first!

It's strange but actually quite good.

The Bartley Woods and Carmel Grove stops (which the 23 used to use before it got rerouted to Newman University) will now be served again, meaning all of Adams Hill now has some bus service (which was campaigned for a while back now).

I do appreciate the fact that NX considered that.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

sonic84

Quote from: mesub on August 12, 2021, 07:48:42 PM

The Bartley Woods and Carmel Grove stops (which the 23 used to use before it got rerouted to Newman University) will now be served again, meaning all of Adams Hill now has some bus service (which was campaigned for a while back now).

Just a thought but with the X21 now going to Bartley Green, the 23 could return to its old line of route avoiding having buses to Birmingham stopping on opposite sides of the road on Romsley Road.

MasterPlan

Quote from: mesub on August 12, 2021, 07:48:42 PM

I'm glad the X21 will now go by Newman University, that link shouldn't have gone in the first place.

One weird thing I noticed on the map though is that it's showing the X21 going a different way inbound than outbound along Cromwell Lane. Turning right onto Moors Lane then Briidgburn Road and Farwood Road. That doesn't seem right. Surely it would just go all the way down Cromwell Lane and turn right onto Woodcock Lane.

BBS

Quote from: Stu on August 12, 2021, 06:31:56 PM
Regarding the new 20 service, according to Traveline, this is to be operated by Yardley Wood garage.

Looking at the times this arrives at and departs from Parsonage Drive (Cofton Hackett), I'm going to hazard a guess that this is going to interwork with the 27 service? Which would also partially explain the 27's extension from Longbridge station.

As for the 46, while this is shown as operated from Acocks Green garage, as the Sunday journeys only operate between Northfield and Cotteridge/Kings Norton, I wouldn't be surprised if Yardley Wood operated those journeys, would make more sense to me.
Still confused why AG got the 46 when YW should have it fully.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Steveminor

I wouldn't fully trust the maps on traveline.
The one for the 96 doesn't show it running along danesbury crescent or Hurlingham rd but it will serve those rds

MasterPlan

Quote from: Steveminor on August 12, 2021, 08:42:38 PM
The one for the 96 doesn't show it running along danesbury crescent or Hurlingham rd but it will serve those rds

Yeah, I won't it just amused me a little. Although it does say the X21 will only serve the Bartley Drive stop on Cromwell Lane in only one direction.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Steveminor on August 12, 2021, 08:42:38 PM
I'm not sure but is this any help https://legacy.wmnetwork.co.uk/plan-your-journey/find-a-timetable/#/route/cen_33096_P_H_y11_20-20

BK63 YWP

Quote from: bbs on August 12, 2021, 08:39:15 PM
Still confused why AG got the 46 when YW should have it fully.

It's not confirmed who's got either, until confirmed fully take info without evidence with a pinch of salt
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk