News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service Changes August 29th 2021.

Started by 2206, July 15, 2021, 04:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CBBUser

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 11, 2021, 01:27:55 PM
96 after Smiths Wood is serving Timberley Lane, Brownfield Road, Heathway, Brookmeadow Road, Buckland End and Heathland Avenue to Castle Bromwich then as normal to Warren Farm Road a complicated route via Kingstanding Road and Old Oscott

X12 and X13 both every 30 minutes on Saturdays (combined every 15 minutes)

That's quite a big cut in the Saturday service in the Green Lane, Arden Hall, Water Orton Road area, 5 services per hour down to 2. Castle Bromwich Old Village also has quite a big cut, albeit less due to X70 / X13

Kevin

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 11, 2021, 01:49:58 PM
67 extended via Farnborough Road to Farnborough School replacing 38

I interpreted it being the 67 just doing a one way loop round the whole Castle Vale estate, but I was wrong. Seems a strange choice to loop all the way round, terminate at the school then loop all the way back
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bus Spotter Ben

Quote from: DJ on July 27, 2021, 04:41:34 AM
I wouldn't be too sure about that, the Sutton Lines branding still hasn't been amended to show Lichfield on the route map, as far as I know.

Unfortunately, the branding has not been amended.

ellspurs

The 96 is also turning right at the top of Kingfisher Drive onto Auckland Drive, left onto Lanchester Way and then going fully around there until Green Lane. Oh and it is still going to the Fort, and doing a loop of Old Oscott after Kingstanding?

Gareth

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 11, 2021, 01:27:55 PM
96 after Smiths Wood is serving Timberley Lane, Brownfield Road, Heathway, Brookmeadow Road, Buckland End and Heathland Avenue to Castle Bromwich then as normal to Warren Farm Road a complicated route via Kingstanding Road and Old Oscott

X12 and X13 both every 30 minutes on Saturdays (combined every 15 minutes)

I'm not sure what Saturday loadings are like, I admit. But I know at certain times of the day the X12/X70 are no less than bursting at the seams. I'm assuming it's mainly full of City to Castle Brom passengers?

Quote from: Gareth on August 11, 2021, 06:20:27 PM
I'm not sure what Saturday loadings are like, I admit. But I know at certain times of the day the X12/X70 are no less than bursting at the seams. I'm assuming it's mainly full of City to Castle Brom passengers?
They do seem to look very busy at times and the via Hams Hall journeys seem to be very busy as well. I think they run a duplicate for them or they used to.
Does the BC Staff Bus with the 76X still run.
Quote from: The Fox 4846 on August 11, 2021, 06:32:09 PM
Don't know the loadings between Hunters Moon and Alum rock however what I've always wondered if it'd be better to have the 28 every 20 mins and a new 28A between Castle Vale and Kingstanding serving the old oscott portion of the 96 extension and the 67 extension the other end also every 20 mins.
Likewise the suggestion below, the 28 gets has good loads at certain times of day on Heartlands-Spitfire Island section I think as i've seen it with full loads at times. It probably wouldn't cope very well on a 20 min frequency.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

The Fox 4846

Strange choice of route for the 96 in Kingstanding, would've at least thought it'd be an idea to put some bus stops along hurlingham road if that'll be the line of route. I've also thought that it may have been a better idea to perhaps extend the 52 to Kingstanding using its large recovery time rather than send the 96 on a loop. Regardless I believe the 52 should be extended to either Kingstanding or Queslett with its recovery. And with the 67 it is odd especially since it'll be served in evenings adding an extra bus to the Tyburn road or reducing the 65 layover at Perry Common to 1 minute. Don't know the loadings between Hunters Moon and Alum rock however what I've always wondered if it'd be better to have the 28 every 20 mins and a new 28A between Castle Vale and Kingstanding serving the old oscott portion of the 96 extension and the 67 extension the other end also every 20 mins.
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on August 11, 2021, 06:28:22 PM
They do seem to look very busy at times and the via Hams Hall journeys seem to be very busy as well. I think they run a duplicate for them or they used to.
Does the BC Staff Bus with the 76X still run. Likewise the suggestion below, the 28 gets has good loads at certain times of day on Heartlands-Spitfire Island section I think as i've seen it with full loads at times. It probably wouldn't cope very well on a 20 min frequency.

I see a fair few passengers alighting/boarding the X12 on Windward Way in the evenings. Not sure of Castle Bromwich village loadings, although I've not really seen many people waiting at bus stops up there, even when it was previous services there.

Steve3229vp

5 (City-Hall-Green-Solihull) and 73 (Solihull-Heartlands Hosp) both reduced to every 30 minutes

49 (Solihull-Rubery) reduced to every 20 minutes on Saturday

gc802002

Does the 5 and 73 Interwork potentially?

SO6597

In amongst all of the changes, the demise of the X20 marks the end of almost 100 years of Rednal having a direct link to the city centre with the tram from 1924 until 1952 followed by the 62 and its subsequent variations.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: gc802002 on August 11, 2021, 07:43:21 PM
Does the 5 and 73 Interwork potentially?
At first glance at the timetables, probably

Jack

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on August 11, 2021, 06:32:09 PM
Strange choice of route for the 96 in Kingstanding, would've at least thought it'd be an idea to put some bus stops along hurlingham road if that'll be the line of route. I've also thought that it may have been a better idea to perhaps extend the 52 to Kingstanding using its large recovery time rather than send the 96 on a loop. Regardless I believe the 52 should be extended to either Kingstanding or Queslett with its recovery. And with the 67 it is odd especially since it'll be served in evenings adding an extra bus to the Tyburn road or reducing the 65 layover at Perry Common to 1 minute. Don't know the loadings between Hunters Moon and Alum rock however what I've always wondered if it'd be better to have the 28 every 20 mins and a new 28A between Castle Vale and Kingstanding serving the old oscott portion of the 96 extension and the 67 extension the other end also every 20 mins.
52 would be good to Queslett via Old Oscott and keeping the 997 along Aldridge Road to speed up journey times. Also shame the 33 isn't being extended to Asda either...

I've noticed today the one side of stops on Aldridge Road now has the 89 on the flags... is the 96 replacing part of it in Old Oscott?

SO6597

Quote from: Kevin on August 11, 2021, 04:12:17 PM
Looking quite likely the 20 and extended 27 will interwork in Cofton Hackett from the timetables

Certainly looks that way for daytimes as I notice that the 27 isn't running beyond Northfield in the evenings and on Sundays. Must be a long time since Northfield - Frankley - Rubery - Longbridge didn't have a link at these times.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Jack on August 11, 2021, 09:06:40 PM
52 would be good to Queslett via Old Oscott and keeping the 997 along Aldridge Road to speed up journey times. Also shame the 33 isn't being extended to Asda either...

I've noticed today the one side of stops on Aldridge Road now has the 89 on the flags... is the 96 replacing part of it in Old Oscott?
I don't think the people of Old Oscott would be happy with that, your suggestion would add at least 15 minutes on their journey time to City on the 52.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk