News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

11A/C to be split up?

Started by metrocity, June 16, 2021, 07:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: Westy on June 22, 2021, 10:02:22 PM
Currently do the 11's terminate as such, like they keep going round & round the circle, until either the bus or driver needs to change, or returns to depot?

The reason I ask is a few years ago, I took a trip on the Circle,  basically just for the sheer hell of it.

I got on at Erdington & continued to Acocks Green depot,  where we were told to change buses to continue our journey.

What is the difference between that and what will happen in 'future ' for now?

If the bus wasn't an 11E that was terminating at Acocks Green, you would have got transferred to another bus for a number of possible reasons such as no relief driver or the bus running very late.

Mike K

Quote from: Sh4318 on June 22, 2021, 12:03:15 PM
The main part I took from this is that the changes are temporary. Due to the Perry Barr roadworks

Yep, clearly states that it's a temporary change due to the ongoing works in Perry Barr. Would be madness to change route numbers. It's really not complicated.

Pat

Quote from: Mike K on June 22, 2021, 11:11:39 PM
Yep, clearly states that it's a temporary change due to the ongoing works in Perry Barr. Would be madness to change route numbers. It's really not complicated.
The roadworks are on schedule, and should be completed by the end of the year.

BBS

Quote from: Stu on June 21, 2021, 08:33:03 PM
Thanks for that Steve, I too think some people are reading to much into this, and maybe its the way the timetable has been presented that is causing confusion.

From a cursory look at the timetable from TfWM, both the 11A and 11C look like they are still operating as a 'circular', but new 'layover' points have been added at Erdington and Perry Barr.

It might be the case that buses terminate there, and then turn around to go back the other way. Or they just terminate there for a period of time before continuing on their way.

Its been a while since I've travelled on the 11A/C myself, but I know for a period of time this was already happening at Acocks Green, where buses would layover sometimes for up to 10 minutes. On many occasions there would already be another bus just ahead waiting, which 'through passengers' were invited to change onto.

Some people found it an inconvenience, but many didn't really mind.
Drivers take the mic at Acocks green
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

MW

Quote from: bbs on June 22, 2021, 11:32:07 PM
Drivers take the mic at Acocks green

The issue at Acocks Green is drivers change over at the relief point which can take a few minutes. The next stop (AG Village on 11A) is a timing point and there's usually a few minutes to wait there too. Same as reverse for the 11C.

I know that some drivers drag their heels when taking over because they know they'll be early on the other side of the route/further down the line. From a passenger point of view this can seem like wasted time I guess. This is why having a terminus is so much better. On normal routes you don't tend to see these delays because layover occurs at the ends of the route.

I just noticed this on the NX facebook page. I guess these people who answer route queries, etc for NXWM must have no idea what they are on about, as i'm fairly sure the East route is running Acocks Green through to Perry Barr. So they're giving out wrong information to passengers.

"Amy Coughlan Ok sorry please help me National Express West Midlands, I'm travelling from the fox and goose to Witton , do I get to stay on same bus still or do I have to switch over at erdington"

"National Express West Midlands Hi Amy, you will need to change buses when you arrive into Erdington."
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

mesub

Just a thought I had about transfers and tickets:

The NXbus website says that you don't need to buy another ticket if you need to change bus to get to your destination, which is fair enough.

But what stops somebody from buying a single on another NX service and just showing that to the driver at Acocks Green, Perry Barr or Erdington?

Will singles on the 11 now need to be printed off as 11A(or C) single?
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Quote from: mesub on June 23, 2021, 03:48:41 PM

The NXbus website says that you don't need to buy another ticket if you need to change bus to get to your destination, which is fair enough.

But what stops somebody from buying a single on another NX service and just showing that to the driver at Acocks Green, Perry Barr or Erdington?

All tickets have the service number, journey number, etc on them.
So if it doesn't match up when the inspector checks it you can be fined I think.
Tickets being checked on 55/94, 14, X12/X70, 66 yesterday.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

fleetline6477

Quote from: mesub on June 23, 2021, 03:48:41 PM

Drivers tend not to look at the tickets. Certainly when the old style tickets were in use and most machines only printed faint drivers couldn't read the tickets anyway.

mesub

Quote from: 2206 on June 23, 2021, 03:56:49 PM
All tickets have the service number, journey number, etc on them.
So if it doesn't match up when the inspector checks it you can be fined I think.
Tickets being checked on 55/94, 14, X12/X70, 66 yesterday.

Ah, I use a swift card so didn't know. Thanks.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Stu

NX Bus have updated their article with some additional information.
https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/service-updates/11a11c-outer-circle-route-changes

They advise passengers on the 11C travelling beyond Erdington that it is 'easier' to change buses at Stockland Green rather than at Erdington.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SK68MEV

on 6138 a bunch of flyers have been ziptagged to the handle bar at the front of the bus about the changes letting people grab one and read one
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

sonic84

Any word on how the changes to the 11 are going?

BBS

Quote from: sonic84 on July 05, 2021, 09:10:16 PM
Any word on how the changes to the 11 are going?
yeah other than the dest it's all normal to be honest.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

SK68MEV

Quote from: bbs on July 05, 2021, 11:31:58 PM
yeah other than the dest it's all normal to be honest.
boarded a 11C at ward end that was 56 mins late all 11 were stuck together on bromford lane and most come back the opposite way as NIS
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk