News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

11A/C to be split up?

Started by metrocity, June 16, 2021, 07:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

Quote from: metrocity on June 17, 2021, 10:24:59 PM
Why would the NXWM Managing Director speculate about this?
I think announcing it first to the Omnibus Society is very poor form

DJ

Quote from: 2206 on June 17, 2021, 10:29:07 PM
Seems odd the map doesn't show the red line as continuing to Acocks Green Village and it finishes at the depot. Maybe the map isn't 100% accurate on that I guess?

Also another question is as the red route isn't coming from Fox & Goose like the 11's all currently do, that'd mean it won't be able to serve the current stop in Erdington won't it, the one on Wood End Road? Which stop will it use in Erdington? As if you have a situation where some services towards Perry Barr use one stop and others use another, surely not very good, so i'm guessing both routes would have to serve the same stop.

What map are you referring to?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Quote from: DJ on June 17, 2021, 11:01:36 PM
What map are you referring to?
metrocity posted a map with a red route and blue route and then took it down.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

Must have been told to remove it lol.

We'll just have to wait for the official announcement unless anybody screenshotted it.

Jack D

A variation has been published on VOSA

gc802002

Have you got a link? Anything else of interest submitted?

BBS

Quote from: MW on June 17, 2021, 11:38:21 PM
Must have been told to remove it lol.

We'll just have to wait for the official announcement unless anybody screenshotted it.
im pretty sure this is speculation but as tony says Perry barr isnt involved.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Stu

Quote from: Jack D on June 18, 2021, 02:29:09 PM
A variation has been published on VOSA

Quote from: gc802002 on June 18, 2021, 03:03:53 PM
Have you got a link? Anything else of interest submitted?

See: https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/579562/

But it doesn't really reveal anything, other than a possible timetable change?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stu on June 18, 2021, 05:23:12 PM
See: https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/579562/

But it doesn't really reveal anything, other than a possible timetable change?

To be honest if such a major change was taking place at the beginning of July, I would have thought that it would have been announced publicly by now.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

BBS

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 20, 2021, 08:21:29 PM
To be honest if such a major change was taking place at the beginning of July, I would have thought that it would have been announced publicly by now.
Yeah I knew this was pure speculation as of 11 got split up its basically useless and its going to stay the same. Just 2 different routes.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

monkeyjoe

Maybe it's as simple as reducing full circle journeys and having lots of short e type journeys on core sections . Do like speculating when procrastinating at work.

metrocity

Quote from: monkeyjoe on June 21, 2021, 07:42:25 AM
Maybe it's as simple as reducing full circle journeys and having lots of short e type journeys on core sections . Do like speculating when procrastinating at work.
The new timetable is now on NX's website

MW

So essentially the A side will run Acocks Green to Perry Barr with the C side running Acocks Green to Erdington?

Tbh I didn't expect the off peak journeys to be broken up, as the route is fine during the evenings/late evening.

I expected significantly more E journeys but still a couple of full journeys every hour.

Quote from: MW on June 21, 2021, 12:27:45 PM
So essentially the A side will run Acocks Green to Perry Barr with the C side running Acocks Green to Erdington?

Tbh I didn't expect the off peak journeys to be broken up, as the route is fine during the evenings/late evening.

I expected significantly more E journeys but still a couple of full journeys every hour.
They should have given the East Birmingham route a different number 10 or 90 - to make it clear to passengers the new routes don't run beyond Perry Barr/Erdington
A & C aren't really needed now its no longer a circular route anymore surely.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

metrocity

Quote from: 2206 on June 21, 2021, 12:35:46 PM
They should have given the East Birmingham route a different number 10 or 90. 
A & C aren't really needed now its no longer a circular route anymore surely.
To do this every bus stop flag would need changing. Not a modest amount of money !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk