News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

11A/C to be split up?

Started by metrocity, June 16, 2021, 07:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: metrocity on June 21, 2021, 12:37:19 PM
To do this every bus stop flag would need changing. Not a modest amount of money !
I'd think there'd be less confusion if it had a different number.

More surprising though is the traveline WM timetable is saying that both Perry Barr and Ward End bound services are going to stop at the same stop in Erdington. Which sounds a rather stupid idea if they are correct. Stop EJ. Both should have separate stops to avoid confusion I think, otherwise some people might end up getting on the bus the wrong way.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

I for one am very confused.

I see no timetable on the NX website, so I went to the TfWM site and found a timetable valid from 4 July on there:

https://journeyplanner.networkwestmidlands.com/Timetables/Download/cen_3311A_A_H_y11_31/31/National%20Express%20West%20Midlands_11A/False
https://journeyplanner.networkwestmidlands.com/Timetables/Download/cen_3311C_A_H_y11_38/38/National%20Express%20West%20Midlands_11C/False

(Links may ask you to download a PDF as that's how they seem to do it at TfWM)

Both of which suggest that the route is running Perry Barr - Erdington via Perry Barr (basically covering the Perry Barr - Erdington section twice).

Surely I must be reading that wrong?

Steveminor

Theres an overlap.
See it this way 11n 2 sections
Section 1. Bus leaves Acocks green as an 11A running through Yardley Fox & goose Erdington to Perry Barr. It then turns around & does the 11C back to Acocks green.
Meanwhile Another 11A does section 2
It leaves Erdington through Perry barr harborne cotteridge & kings heath to Acocks green. It the turns round & does the 11C back to Erdington.
This gives a terminus point & more important layover recovery time for the buses which should improve reliability

Gareth

Quote from: metrocity on June 21, 2021, 12:21:34 PM
The new timetable is now on NX's website

The only timetable I can see is dated 6th June. Has it been removed?

ellspurs

I see what you're saying, but to me the timetable is implying something else.

If you look at these times, for instance from the 11A Monday-Friday timetable:

Bus leaves Six Ways Erdington at 0836
Bus reaches Shirley Road (after Acocks Green) at 1032

Scroll down a couple of pages

Bus departs Shirley Road (after Acocks Green) at 1032
Bus terminates at Birchfield Road at 1119.

Then the bus would turn around and do an 11C journey starting either at 1119 or 1127, depending on layover or not, terminating ultimately at its second pass through Erdington.

That way, the full circle would be maintained on every other journey from Perry Barr to Erdington and vice Versa.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Gareth on June 21, 2021, 05:10:02 PM
Yes it has, I saw it a lunchtime today and now it's gone, but's here is the 11A from traveline  
and the 11C

metrocity

Quote from: Gareth on June 21, 2021, 05:10:02 PM
Try

Quote from: ellspurs on June 21, 2021, 05:13:44 PM
I see what you're saying, but to me the timetable is implying something else.

If you look at these times, for instance from the 11A Monday-Friday timetable:

Bus leaves Six Ways Erdington at 0836
Bus reaches Shirley Road (after Acocks Green) at 1032

Scroll down a couple of pages

Bus departs Shirley Road (after Acocks Green) at 1032
Bus terminates at Birchfield Road at 1119.

Then the bus would turn around and do an 11C journey starting either at 1119 or 1127, depending on layover or not, terminating ultimately at its second pass through Erdington.

That way, the full circle would be maintained on every other journey from Perry Barr to Erdington and vice Versa.
11S from Acocks Green to Ward End, then goes onto 11A all the way back round to Acocks Green I noticed. So 1 bus there running the full circle Acocks Green to Acocks Green. There was a platinum on 11S today as well, 6708.
Quote from: monkeyjoe on June 21, 2021, 05:56:17 PM
So is the section between erdington and Perry Barr really the busiest part of the route? Or is it just logistics of what they are trying to achieve ?
A lot of them are all completly full and rammed heading up Bromford Lane towards Fox & Goose in the evening All seats taken on every nearly every single one of them every day. Such as 4276 rammed this evening.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

So is the section between erdington and Perry Barr really the busiest part of the route? Or is it just logistics of what they are trying to achieve ?

Steve3229vp

I think there's been a bit too much over thinking about all this, It's obvious this timetable has been introduced because of delays in Perry Barr due to long term roadworks and the LTN's in Kings Heath. there will still be an Outer Circle, it will still be 11A/11C with 11E only needed to be shown when around half of the circle is left to complete. There's no need for new route numbers, there is no split of the route. it's just a timetable change....that's all it is !

Quote from: Steve3229vp on June 21, 2021, 06:06:16 PM
I think there's been a bit too much over thinking about all this, It's obvious this timetable has been introduced because of delays in Perry Barr due to long term roadworks and the LTN's in Kings Heath. there will still be an Outer Circle, it will still be 11A/11C with 11E only needed to be shown when around half of the circle is left to complete. There's no need for new route numbers, there is no split of the route. it's just a timetable change....that's all it is !
If they are using 11E it makes it even worse I think. So all the Perry Barr bound journeys heading through Erdington on Stop EJ will be displaying 11E Perry Barr. 11E to Acocks Green Depot turns up in the evening heading the other way (As a lot of them do run back to the Depot as 11E) and someone gets onboard not knowing the difference.
Having both services stop at the same stop is probably one of the most stupid changes ever to be introduced I think.

Good idea would be instead of PB journeys using EJ, to move the stop from the current Wood End Road to the other side of the island Resevoir Road, but there probably isn't room for buses to terminate there?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

metrocity

Quote from: Steve3229vp on June 21, 2021, 06:06:16 PM
Maybe call it Disjointed Circle rather than Outer Circle  :)

gc802002

I am assuming the disjointed circle (Love that name!)  , will only be a temporary measure?

Pat

I'm confused here.  Is the route actually being split into two sections, or is it still a complete circle with recovery time at Perry Barr/Erdington?

Quote from: Pat on June 21, 2021, 06:36:04 PM
I'm confused here.  Is the route actually being split into two sections, or is it still a complete circle with recovery time at Perry Barr/Erdington?
Could be running
Perry Barr - Erdington - Ward End - Acocks Green - Kings Heath - Selly Oak - Bearwood - Handsworth - Perry Barr - Erdington. Turn around at Erdington and go back the other way.
Only one journey runs Ward End, Bromford Lane through Perry Barr to Handsworth all day, the 15:59, so not really a complete circle.

Though that hasn't been confirmed the above to the passengers yet, so maybe not and they might keep them separate.

If the public can now board the school services again though, in September maybe 11S and X2S, should return to being the 11A and X2 respectively like they were in the past.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk