News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Reaction to reduced service levels from Wednesday 25th March

Started by Stu, March 19, 2020, 07:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Steveminor on March 24, 2020, 05:06:01 PM
Claribels services 55, 94 & 75 business park shuttles (not the sutton runs) are suspended until further notice.
This has been a VERY hard & upsetting decision.
Passenger numbers on Claribels 94 seemed to be very low earlier today.
Only 1 - 3 people on the ones I saw at about 10AM.
Hopefully this virus doesn't go on for too long and they make a return soon.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Steveminor on March 24, 2020, 05:06:01 PM
Claribels services 55, 94 & 75 business park shuttles (not the sutton runs) are suspended until further notice.
This has been a VERY hard & upsetting decision.

I bet it was upsetting.  My best wishes to all operators, particularly SMEs, in these uncertain times.

Steveminor

Some drivers who have over 20 years service were almost in tears at the news.
Our tendered services remain & hopefully when we defeat this virus we'll be back to full strength.

Stu

Quote from: Steveminor on March 24, 2020, 06:46:22 PM
Some drivers who have over 20 years service were almost in tears at the news.
Our tendered services remain & hopefully when we defeat this virus we'll be back to full strength.

Judging by the number of passengers I've seen using buses in the last couple of days, I'm not surprised by this, its a bold decision to make, and this situation will hit the smaller operators harder than the bigger ones.

One can only hope that within a few weeks, the worst will be over and things can start to get back to normal again.

Best wishes to you and your staff Steve!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

NWM Site States:
"RK Travel
From Wednesday 25 March service 11A will operate a Saturday service."

So does that mean no service then and that they will also be suspending services? As  RK Travel/DTS don't operate a Saturday service?

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

karl724223

winston

Quote from: Stu on March 24, 2020, 08:17:48 PM
Judging by the number of passengers I've seen using buses in the last couple of days, I'm not surprised by this, its a bold decision to make, and this situation will hit the smaller operators harder than the bigger ones.

One can only hope that within a few weeks, the worst will be over and things can start to get back to normal again.

Best wishes to you and your staff Steve!

I think you're being very optimistic thinking this will be over in a few weeks.

Also, many people are switching to buying online / having food & goods delivered to their front doors, some may never return to the High St / fetching it themselves. Same with some employee's / employers seeing the benefits are remote working from home. Even with the Government support, a lot of businesses will go to the wall before it arrives and the numbers of unemployed will rocket.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: karl724223 on March 24, 2020, 09:12:02 PM
MORE CHANGES TO COME SOON.   VERY SOON

To me they have to change those timetables which were issued yesterday, the PN28 still being 1/2 hourly was one service which didn't make sense, when I have seen it pass my flat window it has a maximum of 3 people on it.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Steve3229vp

West Midlands buses partnership routes will be revised from the 1st April, they've been reduced as follows:

31/32 - Combined frequency every 10 minutes (Every 15 minutes on Sundays)

40 - Every 30 minutes

42/43 - Combined frequency every 30 minutes

Judging by this I would expect NXWM to reduce the services even further very soon.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 25, 2020, 09:20:39 AM
West Midlands buses partnership routes will be revised from the 1st April, they've been reduced as follows:

31/32 - Combined frequency every 10 minutes (Every 15 minutes on Sundays)

40 - Every 30 minutes

42/43 - Combined frequency every 30 minutes

Judging by this I would expect NXWM to reduce the services even further very soon.

Probably an enhanced Sunday timetable still starting with the first bus and late buses as per Monday to Friday and Saturday services
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Steve3229vp

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on March 25, 2020, 10:26:08 AM
Probably an enhanced Sunday timetable still starting with the first bus and late buses as per Monday to Friday and Saturday services
I don't think it will be an enhanced Sunday timetable as most shops will be closed, I would expected first and last buses as Monday to Saturday but then similar to Evening frequencies. If you look at the 31/32 timetable which I attached you will notice that it will be every 15 minutes instead of the usual every 5 minutes, so an enhanced Sunday service it will not be.

John

Sounds like NX services are been drastically reduced from Monday. I'm now off for 3 months so don't know whats happening

Quote from: 2206 on March 24, 2020, 08:57:34 PM
NWM Site States:
"RK Travel
From Wednesday 25 March service 11A will operate a Saturday service."

So does that mean no service then and that they will also be suspending services? As  RK Travel/DTS don't operate a Saturday service?
NA52AWZ is out on the 11C so DTS are still operating today.
It had 1 passenger on it.
RK Travel also are still in operating on the 11A as well with NA52AXN on there.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 25, 2020, 10:51:41 AM
I don't think it will be an enhanced Sunday timetable as most shops will be closed, I would expected first and last buses as Monday to Saturday but then similar to Evening frequencies. If you look at the 31/32 timetable which I attached you will notice that it will be every 15 minutes instead of the usual every 5 minutes, so an enhanced Sunday service it will not be.
Would services which don't run on Sunday's still run, or see any changes?
Such as the 58, Sutton section of the 66, BC 25, 10S, Diamond 25.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

don

Whilst personally confined to home (although working), I was wondering what effect this emergency will have on operator's fleets. Presuming a 40% service reduction, then this would enable vehicles to be SORN temporarily. I doubt that a 40% service reduction would result in the same fleet reduction but say it was 30%. Theoretically, that could amount, pro rata, to over 250 NXWM double deckers and over 100 single deckers not required for the time being. That could amount to all double deckers under 4718 not required, potentially. On the positive side, presumably they're still operating, release of vehicles for Euro 6 upgrades and repaint may be more easily achieved.

Small operators like Diamond and Claribels would have even bigger problems as far less flexibility. 

Presumably a country-wide problem. Nice little dilemma to think about. I'm sure every operator has a similar challenge.

Is there any official comment on this.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk