News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Reaction to reduced service levels from Wednesday 25th March

Started by Stu, March 19, 2020, 07:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

I don't know if this is the appropriate thread to ask this in, but how do you pause your direct debit for your bus pass whilst this isolation / lockdown is going in?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Quote from: MasterPlan on March 29, 2020, 03:02:56 PM
I don't know if this is the appropriate thread to ask this in, but how do you pause your direct debit for your bus pass whilst this isolation / lockdown is going in?
Think you can call them on 0121 254 7272 and ask to suspend your pass. Line is open Mon - Fri 9AM - 5PM.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: MasterPlan on March 29, 2020, 03:02:56 PM

Is it an NX direct debit pass? Your monthly receipt email has details:

To Suspend
We are able to temporarily suspend Adult and Student tickets (for the minimum of one month and the maximum of six). All suspensions require four weeks notice as tickets are renewed at least two weeks ahead of your renewal date. Please call us if you wish to arrange a suspension on your account. We are unable to suspend child tickets.
Kind regards
Direct Sales Team
National Express Bus

To contact us:
Reply to this email or
Telephone 0121 254 7272. Lines are open Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm or
Write to us at National Express Bus, PO Box 3532, BIRMINGHAM, B9 9BG

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MasterPlan

Cheers guys, I will get on it first thing tomorrow. Bit pointless paying for something I won't be using for the next few months.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Steveminor

Claribels will be dropping to Saturday service from tomorrow

Stu

Quote from: Steveminor on March 30, 2020, 07:22:03 PM
Claribels will be dropping to Saturday service from tomorrow

I thought you'd said that you'd suspended your services, or is this just for your tendered services still running?

2206 said he saw one of your buses operating the 94 the other day.
My locals:

Steveminor

It's just the tendered services that are running. Upto today they were on normal timetables, that is now dropping to Saturday times.
94 55 & 75 shuttle buses are all suspended

Quote from: Stu on March 30, 2020, 08:17:09 PM
2206 said he saw one of your buses operating the 94 the other day.
Yes I saw YJ12CKN on there on Saturday at 11:50 and it did also track on the 94 on Bus Times as well on Saturday 28th.
https://bustimes.org/services/94-birmingham-chelmsley-wood-via-ward-end/vehicles?date=2020-03-28#journeys/13756668
https://bustimes.org/services/94-birmingham-chelmsley-wood-via-ward-end/vehicles?date=2020-03-28#

Though Claribels weren't on there today.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on March 30, 2020, 08:34:26 PM
Yes I saw YJ12CKN on there on Saturday at 11:50 and it did also track on the 94 on Bus Times as well on Saturday 28th.
https://bustimes.org/services/94-birmingham-chelmsley-wood-via-ward-end/vehicles?date=2020-03-28#journeys/13756668
https://bustimes.org/services/94-birmingham-chelmsley-wood-via-ward-end/vehicles?date=2020-03-28#

Though Claribels weren't on there today.

Given the positions that the buses are shown to be stopped in before and after the 94 journeys, perhaps it was on a subsidised 36 board and the driver did the whole board rather than just the 36 journeys?

Quote from: ellspurs on March 30, 2020, 09:13:12 PM
Given the positions that the buses are shown to be stopped in before and after the 94 journeys, perhaps it was on a subsidised 36 board and the driver did the whole board rather than just the 36 journeys?
Yes that would make sense, it does seem so.
As Bus Times seems to show that it ran NIS to Heartlands after the 94 journey and then 2 hours later ran NIS from Heartlands to Chelmsley and went back on the 94. Must have done a round trip of the 36 in between.
Never knew there was a 94 board that did journeys on the 36.

Will they be running the full board ever week then @Steveminor?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steveminor

No it was a part timer who ran by mistake.

The guy only works Saturdays so he just forgot.m & given the situation we all find ourselves in it's quite understandable.

Steveminor

Stu

West Midlands Mayor Andy Street is 'proud' that bus usage has dropped by 87%.

QuoteI am proud to say the number of people using public transport is still falling. This makes it much easier for our key workers and transport staff to continue to work and travel safely. Thank you West Midlands.

I can understand the sentiments behind this, but considering just a few weeks ago Mr Andy Street was actively encouraging MORE people to use buses, and boasting about how passenger usage in this region was bucking the national trend, I find this a little distasteful to be honest.

Especially considering how some of the smaller operators are having to lay off staff, thus people are losing their jobs as a result.

My locals:

Sandy Lane

Has Mr Street now got another free year in office due to the pandemic?

I wonder in 12 mths time if his political advisors will no doubt tell him to brag how he himself has managed to get bus usage to rocket back up again as it should do naturally?

Steveminor

The worry is, as businesses will have now found a new way of working they may decide they no longer need brick & mortar offices this reducing the number of travellers. Also with retailers beginning to fail already the high street which is already in decline may be desimated reducing travellers further.
So there is a very real risk that public transport usage may take a very long time to recover to pre virus levels, if ever.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk