News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Reaction to reduced service levels from Wednesday 25th March

Started by Stu, March 19, 2020, 07:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Stu on March 22, 2020, 01:52:43 PM
I only got the email from Network West Midlands informing of this early this morning.

It went live a couple of days ago. I think if my mind serves me right it went live last Wednesday.

Sayeed

Quote from: RW on March 20, 2020, 08:59:18 AM
I have to admit I haven't read the statement but wondered whether NX have considered running 'new' services specifically for NHS staff. They could link a number of health/NHS sites and run at specific times of the day identified in conjunction with the NHS. Just a thought but may be totally impracticable. As an afterthought we do it for Amazon staff at Christmas, I think, surely at this time where NHS and health workers are running on Adrenalin it's worth considering.

Can't speak for other hospitals but for QEHB, adding 19 and 48 on Sunday early services would make a good difference. It would bring about 50 staff at best and in time like this especially if there is going to be rise of the cases in the hospital, it would help them to be prepared and prioritise where the staff needed. 
Век живи - век учись

Steve3229vp

With the prime ministers decision to close all pubs, clubs, restaurants  etc. together with shops like John Lewis, Primark which has announced that it's to close all it's stores from today. The new timetables which are to start on Wednesday (NXWM) will be already out of date and I think an enhanced Sunday service with earlier starts is more likely to happen in a couple of weeks.

ellspurs

The DeCourcey 60/61 seem to have switched to a Sunday service from today, as the timetable on their website is only showing service between Warwick University and Arena Tesco via University Hospital. The full route isn't in operation.

TT90

Quote from: Stu on March 22, 2020, 09:43:19 AM
Network West Midlands have set up a dedicated Network Overview page to advise on current service status:
https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/network-overview/

Sorry for the silly question but why does this webpage say that there may be cancellations to just PN services ?

Sayeed

Quote from: TT90 on March 22, 2020, 06:47:27 PM
Sorry for the silly question but why does this webpage say that there may be cancellations to just PN services ?

Short of drivers maybe? Stu Harris posted a tweet from somewhere not long ago that certain journeys won't be run on the likes of 9, 28 and X10 due to shortage of drivers.
Век живи - век учись

Bob

Daft question but say if the govt announce lockdown later this week, would it mean all buses/trains nationwide are cancelled?

TT90

Good question Bob, who knows ?

Regarding getting key workers to work, I was wondering if something similar to a ring and ride would be set up and they use this like a staff bus service maybe ?

Gareth

Just checked my local routes. 14, 55 and 94 all on 15min frequencies during the day. Inner circle seems to be 15/20 min frequency.
After Sunday I won't be going to work anyway but at least my last few days will still be normal-ish.

Stu

Quote from: Gareth on March 23, 2020, 09:35:35 AM
Just checked my local routes. 14, 55 and 94 all on 15min frequencies during the day. Inner circle seems to be 15/20 min frequency.
After Sunday I won't be going to work anyway but at least my last few days will still be normal-ish.

My usual routes, the 2 and 3, would appear to be operating to Sunday frequencies during the daytime, with the early morning journeys continuing to run. Not a major hardship for me as they drop from a combined 10-min service to 15-min, with both reducing to 30mins instead of 20mins.

Based on observations this morning and this evening, this won't be a problem overall, as passenger numbers have really dwindled, but at least the new timetables will mean that services spend less time waiting at timing points or having to drive slowly.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ellspurs

Quote from: Stu on March 23, 2020, 06:03:57 PM
Based on observations this morning and this evening, this won't be a problem overall, as passenger numbers have really dwindled, but at least the new timetables will mean that services spend less time waiting at timing points or having to drive slowly.

Yea, most of the services that I've seen today (in Nuneaton/Coventry/Leamington/Warwick/Stratford/Rugby) have had very few, if any customers on them.

I would think that people in the back rooms will be monitoring the load levels and adjusting as needed?

MW

Quote from: Stu on March 23, 2020, 06:03:57 PM
My usual routes, the 2 and 3, would appear to be operating to Sunday frequencies during the daytime, with the early morning journeys continuing to run. Not a major hardship for me as they drop from a combined 10-min service to 15-min, with both reducing to 30mins instead of 20mins.

I saw 5 buses parked up at Stratford Road/Aldi Sparkbrook heading out of City waiting time today.

A 4, 5, 6, 2 & 4A if I recall correctly.

Stuharris 6360

So those timetables are virtually now out of date, if everyone does as they are told, then the proposed timetables can be cut dramatically.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

TT90

I guess they may now have to look at further reductions to maybe a Sunday service or something similar to Boxing Day perhaps ?

Will everything shutting and all the new measures there won't be many people using the buses unfortunately.

Steveminor

Claribels services 55, 94 & 75 business park shuttles (not the sutton runs) are suspended until further notice.
This has been a VERY hard & upsetting decision.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk