News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Combined Authorty

Started by richardjones210368, January 23, 2020, 11:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richie

As the supposed second city our transport public or otherwise is seriously flawed we are eclipsed by most Cities in the country let alone London and Manchester.

We need a concise tram network
We need bus priority to elliviate the strain
We need snow hill lines upgraded, electrified and given the TPH other lines have at off peak times.
We need a clean air zone that prices you out of your car and a public transport solution to assist it.
We need an expansive park and ride network.

The second city hasn't got the second best transport solution.

I bet you can travel 5 miles across central London quicker, easier and with less stress than you can the same in Brum.

The plan is ambitious but its the right thing to do and as people and industry switch to reduce their impact on the environment then I feel this puts these plan even closer to realisation.

Who cares who's came is on the rubber stamp? Embrace change!

don

Following all this chatter about WMCA and the Mayor, for those who are interested in who and what the WMCA is and aren't aware, (it's far more than just the Lord Mayor), this link may help.

https://www.wmca.org.uk/who-we-are/

Notice their address is the same one as WMPTE, so Tony must have been there today! 1978 - first motor show at NEC (massive WMPTE operation), papal visit around that time, first Metrobuses, last conductors - a busy time for WMPTE I guess.

Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

winston

Well said Richie, can't argue with any of that ☝️☝️☝️

I would be far more impressed with radical action over the current tinkering i.e. small costly Metro extenstions, Sprint, bus lanes on odd corridors etc, etc

Stuharris 6360

Is Birmingham actually the second city anymore? To me it seems to be lagging behind places like Manchester in so many ways.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 04, 2020, 10:24:37 PM
Is Birmingham actually the second city anymore? To me it seems to be lagging behind places like Manchester in so many ways.

Nope, Birmingham has been left behind.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stu on February 04, 2020, 08:43:53 PM
I have now seen that thread in question, what is factually incorrect about what is being stated? Are you insinuating that ITV is 'fake news'?
Yes I have made a formal complaint about ITV Central to OfCOM as the statement is factually incorrect and is indeed fake news and nothing to do with the election campaign for the Metro Mayor campaign but the vision of the WMCAs aims post May therefore @Stu why is there a thread about Andy Street that should be merged with the WMCA thread?

richardjones210368

Quote from: Tony on February 04, 2020, 09:16:22 PM
Look where I've been today!

The same building I started work at  coming up to 42 years ago
A very happy place to visit @Tony I am sure you will agree wouldn't it have been funny if we were there on the same Tuesdays!

richardjones210368

Quote from: Dom on February 04, 2020, 09:36:04 PM
The fact you fail to argue any of my points shows that you must believe I am correct. Another formulaic response, "I'll pass these comments onto TfWM". Which comments exactly? I've not commented on the franchise but the mayors decision to keep abellio running WMT.

Again, you talk rubbish constantly and fail to add anything to the conversation/debate.
Thank you for comments @Dom which I have noted.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Winston on February 04, 2020, 10:25:54 PM
Nope, Birmingham has been left behind.
@Winston as there is no such Andy Street Plan but it is actually a WMCA plan should this thread be not merged with the West Midlands Combined Authority as we have two different threads on speeches and statements from Andy Street when until the start of the election all statements and speeches given by Mr Street are from his role as Mayor and leader of the WMCA.There is no such Andy Street Plan do we need two threads on Andy Street & the WMCA?

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stu on February 04, 2020, 08:50:59 PM
I agree, this is not Andy Street's plan, my belief is that if this is what is being decided then it makes no difference who the mayor will eventually be, its going to happen anyway.

But if Andy Street is using this announcement as part of his election strategy for the forthcoming mayoral elections, then your complaint is noted, but dismissed.
Andy Street is NOT using this as his election strategy as the election campaign does not begin until we go intergum under parliamentary therefore as the vision is the WMCA's and NOT Mr Streets personal electoral vision as he cannot give one yet then why is my complaint dismissed @Stu even you you cannot argue that the Mayoral election campaign does not commence until the WMCA goes interregnum so I ask you again why is my complaint being dismissed?

Stuharris 6360

So you are saying that this plan has nothing to do with AndY Street personally?

from Andy Street's Twitter account

"Today I unveiled my 20 year plan to transform our metro and rail networks into a world-class comprehensive tube-style system serving our entire region."

NOTE THE FOURTH WORD ALONG, MY
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 04, 2020, 10:48:28 PM
So you are saying that this plan has nothing to do with AndY Street personally?

from Andy Street's Twitter account

"Today I unveiled my 20 year plan to transform our metro and rail networks into a world-class comprehensive tube-style system serving our entire region."

NOTE THE FOURTH WORD ALONG, MY
My is as leader as the West Midlands Combined Authority which Mr Street was elected to lead in 2017 and continues to lead until 2020. the leaders of the Labour, Conservative and Liberal parties would use the same phrase and the twitter account is The Mayors of The West Midlands Combined Authority twitter account.

richardjones210368

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on February 04, 2020, 09:06:35 PM
Should be the West Midlands Combined Authority plan as Street will not be a mayor in 2040...
Correct it is the vision for the West Midlands Combined Authority @SL 16 YPN and as such this thread should be part of The West Midlands Combined Authority Thread

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 04, 2020, 10:51:46 PM
My is as leader as the West Midlands Combined Authority which Mr Street was elected to lead in 2017 and continues to lead until 2020. the leaders of the Labour, Conservative and Liberal parties would use the same phrase and the twitter account is The Mayors of The West Midlands Combined Authority twitter account.

So why didn't it say in my capacity as leader of the WMCA, the Map that is on the same twitter post says it's "Andy Streets 2040 Plan For Metro And Rail In The West Midlands" and the roundel on the same page says Andy4WM.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 04, 2020, 10:58:12 PM
So why didn't it say in my capacity as leader of the WMCA, the Map that is on the same twitter post says it's "Andy Streets 2040 Plan For Metro And Rail In The West Midlands" and the roundel on the same page says Andy4WM.
@andy4wm has been Mr Streets hashtag since becoming Mayor in 2017. It is Andy Street's Plan as he is the leader of the WMCA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk