News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Combined Authorty

Started by richardjones210368, January 23, 2020, 11:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardjones210368

https://www.railadvent.co.uk/2020/01/considerate-behaviour-campaign-launched-by-west-midlands-railway.html
The Mayor has launched the considerate behaviour campaign on West Midlands Railways this is the first stage in his approach to un unsocialble behaviour across the TfWM network. The second stage will be a legally set of enforceable conditions of carriage which have been agreed by the all the bus operators, TfWM and the WMCA in order to set a benchmark for acceptable behaviour from both passengers and operators on the bus network. I will post the details when the official announcement is made by the WMCA shortly.

winston

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 24, 2020, 02:01:53 PM
Another triumph for Andy Street, The Mayor.

https://www.railwaygazette.com/transport-and-mobility-projects/birminghams-eastside-tram-extension-approved/55605.article

Fantastic, even more disruption to look forward to within B'ham City Centre for bus passengers for a 1.7km extension.

don

I think Andy Street more interested in HS2 - been interviewed on national BBC news at Curzon Street today, in a feature on the review of HS2. Important as it is that people don't put their feet on the seats of trains, as a strategic organisation, it is good to see they're more interested in macro issues.

Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

metrocity

Quote from: Winston on January 24, 2020, 02:13:32 PM
Fantastic, even more disruption to look forward to within B'ham City Centre for bus passengers for a 1.7km extension.
I am sure a number more "triumphs" will be revealed in the next couple of weeks. Total coincidence there is a mayoral election coming up of course!

richardjones210368

Quote from: Winston on January 24, 2020, 02:13:32 PM
Yes @Winston its amazing how these triumphs for The Mayor have so much of an impact on so many people in the West Midlands the main benefit in the short term will be however be a good photo opportunity no doubt.

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on January 24, 2020, 02:31:43 PM
I think Andy Street more interested in HS2 - been interviewed on national BBC news at Curzon Street today, in a feature on the review of HS2. Important as it is that people don't put their feet on the seats of trains, as a strategic organisation, it is good to see they're more interested in macro issues.
As I have just posted "the main benefit in the short term will be however a good photo opportunity no doubt" knowing The Mayor was due to Westside This Morning in fighting mood that is what I was alluding too.

richardjones210368

Quote from: metrocity on January 24, 2020, 02:31:52 PM
I am sure a number more "triumphs" will be revealed in the next couple of weeks. Total coincidence there is a mayoral election coming up of course!
A Metro Mayor who has been as successful as Andy Street will know doubt being enjoying many triumphs between now & May 2020

winston

Quote from: metrocity on January 24, 2020, 02:31:52 PM

I had no idea the elections were so soon..... looking forward to see what benefits Andy will be bringing to the streets of the West Midlands to improve wholescale bus service provisions & aid operators with significantly bus priorities measures across the entire region.

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 24, 2020, 02:33:54 PM
Yes @Winston its amazing how these triumphs for The Mayor have so much of an impact on so many people in the West Midlands the main benefit in the short term will be however be a good photo opportunity no doubt.

Yes, I'm sure there's a massive demand for Metro passengers wishing to go to East Side, and from East Side wishing to go to West Bromwich & Wolverhampton.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Winston on January 24, 2020, 02:41:13 PM
I had no idea the elections were so soon..... looking forward to see what benefits Andy will be bringing to the streets of the West Midlands to improve wholescale bus service provisions & aid operators with significantly bus priorities measures across the entire region.
I too @Winston are looking forward to the improvements the The Mayor has planned for West Midlands Bus if he is successfully elected one wonders what is the major failing  The Mayor and his advisors see within the West Midlands Bus Network and what he feels is a priority that needs to be addressed we will have to await the result of the election and for now we can only speculate sadly.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Winston on January 24, 2020, 02:41:13 PM

Yes, I'm sure there's a massive demand for Metro passengers wishing to go to East Side, and from East Side wishing to go to West Bromwich & Wolverhampton.
I could not have out it any better myself @Winston

winston

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 24, 2020, 02:47:50 PM
I too @Winston are looking forward to the improvements the The Mayor has planned for West Midlands Bus if he is successfully elected one wonders what is the major failing  The Mayor and his advisors see within the West Midlands Bus Network and what he feel is a priority that needs to be addressed we will have to see the result of the election and for now we can only speculate sadly.

Could you please point out to Andy how drab the red TfWM Bus Livery actually is. I understand that the shade of red applied to the front of buses, is one which is renowned for going pink over time.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Winston on January 24, 2020, 02:57:20 PM
Could you please point out to Andy how drab the red TfWM Bus Livery actually is. I understand that the shade of red applied to the front of buses, is one which is renowned for going pink over time.
I think it is your right @Winston I pass on your valued advice to the WMCA. Think this is one is for @Tony as he is the expert in these matters I would have thought who would know if its the operator or TfWM supply the paint and vinyals and what the standards are.

Tony

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 24, 2020, 03:12:47 PM
I think it is your right @Winston I pass on your valued advice to the WMCA. Think this is one is for @Tony as he is the expert in these matters I would have thought who would know if its the operator or TfWM supply the paint and vinyals and what the standards are.

The colour on the front half is the same shade as used by NX on the red & white livery and does fade badly however well it is applied.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Tony on January 24, 2020, 03:18:17 PM
The colour on the front half is the same shade as used by NX on the red & white livery and does fade badly however well it is applied.
Cheers @Tony thanks for that its much appreciated.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk