News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Combined Authorty

Started by richardjones210368, January 23, 2020, 11:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on January 31, 2020, 10:11:11 AM
Well you were wrong there - delayed for at least a month (to wait and see whether Brexit really does 'shock' (although some people might use a word beginning with f 😂) the economy and result in the £30 billion contingency fund having to be used....
HS2 was signed off and agreed by The Transport Secretary yesterday at 15.32 following consultations with The Prime Minister & The Chancellor . An anouncement will follow from The Dispatch Box in due course with primary legislation to follow as part of The Finance Act in March together with legislation to be placed before The House by DfT & Transport Secretary. Remember I am not for or against HS2 as someone who never uses trains and will never probably use HS2 as long as thier are Megabuses with or without Sid. The information I post is supplied by a fellow bus nut and lane swimmer who I worked with at No11 dumped to the DfT by an evil mad may of a woman and is now part of the HS2 Delivery Group what you believe is entirely your choice on this historic day for The Pet Shop Boys.

don

I'm not sure which cloud cuckoo land you are living in, but if it was agreed by those parties in private talks yesterday at Doening St (is that privilidged info) it's not public knowledge, and the only announcement has been by Grant Chaps that there will be an announcement in about a month. Remember there are phases 2a and 2b as well as the possibility of phase 1 being amended.

So your statement is somewhat strange to say the least. Are you sure you haven't been listening to the Mayoral Dominic Cummingsesque spin (or lies or platitudes/rhetoric) as the case may be?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on January 31, 2020, 11:50:45 AM
I'm not sure which cloud cuckoo land you are living in, but if it was agreed by those parties in private talks yesterday at Doening St (is that privilidged info) it's not public knowledge, and the only announcement has been by Grant Chaps that there will be an announcement in about a month. Remember there are phases 2a and 2b as well as the possibility of phase 1 being amended.

So your statement is somewhat strange to say the least. Are you sure you haven't been listening to the Mayoral Dominic Cummingsesque spin (or lies or platitudes/rhetoric) as the case may be?
Agreement on the projects future was made yesterday by the parties involved, an official announcement will be made in due course with legislation to follow. Yesterday's cabinet meeting was not subject to a "D" notice therefore we can report it on lobby terms so frankly I do not follow your points?

don

So you're reporting minutes of cabinet meetings, which may be subject to change anyway.

There is nothing about this in any news channel.

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on January 31, 2020, 12:23:08 PM
So you're reporting minutes of cabinet meetings, which may be subject to change anyway.

There is nothing about this in any news channel.
Why should there be anything on the news channels no official announcements have been made or are due to be made and there is far more important news today anyway with The Pet Shop Boys first No1 hit on the indie chat for 26 years, minuets are protected marked and cannot be reproduced in any form without permission there is nothing to stop reports being made by officials off the record on a lobby basis which I have shared with the forum.

don

You may actually have misread or misinterpreted them for political reasons - there's no doubt a good reason why arrangements/decisions will not be announced for a while, apart from the major opposition of some Tory MPs (I suspect Brexit and local election reasons rather than Pet Shop Boys linked).

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on January 31, 2020, 12:55:41 PM
You may actually have misread or misinterpreted them for political reasons - there's no doubt a good reason why arrangements/decisions will not be announced for a while, apart from the major opposition of some Tory MPs (I suspect Brexit and local election reasons rather than Pet Shop Boys linked).
How you can wrongly interpret an official saying off the record that HS2 is agrred is beyond me but so be it In my opinion the big news story of the day is The Pet Shop Boys 1st Number One Indie Hit in 26 years personally I cannot see how any other news story comes close to this historic event today what else of any real importance is happening today?

the trainbasher

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 31, 2020, 01:17:41 PM
How you can wrongly interpret an official saying off the record that HS2 is agrred is beyond me but so be it In my opinion the big news story of the day is The Pet Shop Boys 1st Number One Album in 26 years personally I cannot see how any other news story comes close to this historic event today what else of any real importance is happening today?

Nothing is official until an official official officially records the official item in the official minutes. Officially they cannot officially release the official minutes unless the official minutes are officially signed off by the official official.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

richardjones210368

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 31, 2020, 05:36:26 PM
Nothing is official until an official official officially records the official item in the official minutes. Officially they cannot officially release the official minutes unless the official minutes are officially signed off by the official official.
Are you after my job I couldn't put it better myself excellent @the trainbasher remember government in England has more leeks than Wales in tomorrows 5 Nations, everyone is finally coming round to way of thinking and posting this is great remember nothing ever is offical in public untill its recorded in Hansard now has everyone on the forum bought the record busting new No1 Pet Shop Boys  album on the indie chart?

Gareth

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 31, 2020, 05:53:34 PM
now has everyone on the forum bought the record busting new No1 Pet Shop Boys  album?

All this endless talk of Pet Shop Boys, and you've completely overlooked the new single release today by Bucks Fizz.

don

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 31, 2020, 05:36:26 PM

This is true, but there again @richardjones210368 may have fabricated or dreamt it, or the leaking unofficial official got it wrong. I wonder if they will be playing that Pet Shop Boys stuff at the Mayor's Brexit party later.

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on January 31, 2020, 06:36:20 PM
This is true, but there again @richardjones210368 may have fabricated or dreamt it, or the leaking unofficial official got it wrong. I wonder if they will be playing that Pet Shop Boys stuff at the Mayor's Brexit party later.
I am not aware of being in the showers at the swimming baths with Bobby Ewing last night but you are quite right I am off on the X8  to a Brexit Party on this historic night for the country with Pet Shop Boys first No1 album on the indie chart for 26 years oh & keep your eye on the Dispatch Box in the Commons on Tuesday you may learn something @don .............................

Stu

Quote from: don on January 31, 2020, 06:36:20 PM
I wonder if they will be playing that Pet Shop Boys stuff at the Mayor's Brexit party later.

Is that happening in the city centre? When I left work in Sparkbrook about 5:45pm, I could see some sort of light show going on in that direction (was quite spectacular, looked like spotlights lighting up the clouds, half expected to see a 'bat-signal'!).

Either that or the aliens are mass abducting people.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stu on January 31, 2020, 07:33:58 PM
Is that happening in the city centre? When I left work in Sparkbrook about 5:45pm, I could see some sort of light show going on in that direction (was quite spectacular, looked like spotlights lighting up the clouds, half expected to see a 'bat-signal'!).

Either that or the aliens are mass abducting people.
It is Stu just waiting for an on time X8 and yes Aliens are mass abducting people it's just some of us call them Tories not Aliens.....

don

Looks like being a total wash out with the weather? Let's hope no public funds were involved (I feel an FOI request coming on)!! 😏

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk