News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Combined Authorty

Started by richardjones210368, January 23, 2020, 11:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardjones210368

The event tonight was entirely funded by local businesses such as myself as a celebration of the realisation of 52% of the populations political votes as confirmed in the recently general election. The majority of voters in the west midlands voted to leave the EU and tonight was a commutation of the realisation of thier democratic vote which some of us were happy to contribute too please feel free to waste tax payers money on a freedom of information request @don as no tax payers money went towards tonight's event. Oh and for the record it was my personal desire to stay in The Customs Union and Single Market sadly I am old fashioned and believe in democracy and fully respect the vote of the majority in the 2016 referendum and the long lasting legends that are Neil Tennant & Chris Lowe.

don

I see the Guardian is carrying @richardjones210368 story about the 'likelihood' of an announcement on HS2 next week, and multiple quoting the Mayor of the Weat Midlands.

Seems somewhat perverse to me, the Guardian apparently taking quotes from a Tory politician (albeit a local rather than national figure).
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on February 01, 2020, 07:36:56 PM
I see the Guardian is carrying @richardjones210368 story about the 'likelihood' of an announcement on HS2 next week, and multiple quoting the Mayor of the Weat Midlands.

Seems somewhat perverse to me, the Guardian apparently taking quotes from a Tory politician (albeit a local rather than national figure).
Yes I have no idea at all who The Mayors sources could be mind you I have days like that too @don when the whole world of politics is so perverse to be totally honest I think that is why I am the warped individual I am.

richardjones210368

Cracking Dart on the 4H this morning to the baths out of the kindness of his heart the ever generous Andy Street - The Metro Mayor of the West Midlands is to allow Albello to retain West Midlands Railways although Mr Street says he will keep his beady little eye on it. Yet another great victory for The Mayor.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 03, 2020, 09:29:17 AM
Cracking Dart on the 4H this morning to the baths out of the kindness of his heart the ever generous Andy Street - The Metro Mayor of the West Midlands is to allow Albello to retain West Midlands Railways although Mr Street says he will keep his beady little eye on it. Yet another great victory for The Mayor.

You mean that particular village idiot has no balls, he knows he wouldn't win that argument and with the elections due in May, he doesn't want to look a fool when the dft said no to him!!!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 03, 2020, 01:21:48 PM
You mean that particular village idiot has no balls, he knows he wouldn't win that argument and with the elections due in May, he doesn't want to look a fool when the dft said no to him!!!
A curious description of the todays triumph for Mr Street

don

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 03, 2020, 01:35:02 PM
A curious description of the todays triumph for Mr Street

Not really - even a half wit would realise that having a separate franchise just for West Midlands Trains is a daft and unworkable idea, and in any case it is likely many of the performance problems are caused by that organisation run by his fellow party members in the Government, Network Rail. So a more wanton grab of publicity while the going's good could not be imagined!!

Interesting he picked that major West Midlands publication, the Stratford On Avon Bugle, or whatever to perform his stunt!! 😂
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on February 03, 2020, 02:40:08 PM
Not really - even a half wit would realise that having a separate franchise just for West Midlands Trains is a daft and unworkable idea, and in any case it is likely many of the performance problems are caused by that organisation run by his fellow party members in the Government, Network Rail. So a more wanton grab of publicity while the going's good could not be imagined!!

Interesting he picked that major West Midlands publication, the Stratford On Avon Bugle, or whatever to perform his stunt!! 😂
Although I never use a train and cannot understand why anyone in the right minds would want to use one, personally I cant see the point of them I think in principle that it is correct that West Midlands Railway mirrors the West Midlands Combined Authority and the other strategic partnership authoritiess to allow The Mayors aim of seamless coordination from TfWM in terms of perfect connections to switch between bus, rail and tram and ticketing to be used on all three modes of transport. I am sure the population of Stratford Upon Avon get the newspaper publications they deserve.

Dom

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 03, 2020, 09:29:17 AM

First of all, hardly out the kindness of his heart? Abellio (Who I shall refer to as the franchise of 'WMT' are doing everything they can to progress with this franchise, through large recruitment intakes, constant investment into new units. None of this can be done instantly and they are very much so doing the best with what they have. Surely if he believed the service ran by WMT is that unacceptable, he'd revoke the franchise.

Secondly, you believe it was a major win for the mayor. Surely if he, as many try to, believe that it is such a bad franchise and its running is unacceptable for the people of Birmingham, surely the major win would be to put it to an end and re-award the franchise? That, in the eyes of those who believe it is failing, would surely be the best result? Oh, wait... that's until the next TOC comes along and suffers the same problems.

He knows that if he tried to re-award the franchise the DfT would shut him down immediately. He would not stand a chance. A typical tory move to try and look the hero when really he has done f*ck all for the city of Birmingham or the West Midlands as a region, its funny that as the election rolls around he makes the empty threats to revoke the franchise with no other plan in place.

Finally, I'd love to know what a knackered old dart has to do with your post. Completely irrelevant.

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 03, 2020, 03:07:37 PM
Although I never use a train and cannot understand why anyone in the right minds would want to use one, personally I cant see the point of them I think in principle that it is correct that West Midlands Railway mirrors the West Midlands Combined Authority and the other strategic partnership authoritiess to allow The Mayors aim of seamless coordination from TfWM in terms of perfect connections to switch between bus, rail and tram and ticketing to be used on all three modes of transport. I am sure the population of Stratford Upon Avon get the newspaper publications they deserve.

First of all, you don't use the railway network, which in the thought process put into your X8 comments, means you have no right or reason to comment on West Midlands Railway or any other TOC for that matter.

Secondly, you fail to understand why people use trains? You really should remove the rose-tinted glasses you wear and open your eyes to the wider world. A train from Wolverhampton to Birmingham takes 23 minutes if calling at all stations, regardless of peak or off Peak. Your beloved X8, (which I live on the route and catch regularly before you try to say I can't comment) takes 1hr 38m in the peak times, that is providing it is on time the entire journey. That's 5x longer than a train. It also has a capacity that means it can carry a far higher volume, in a quicker time over a longer distance. Looking on a wider scale, Redditch to Lichfield. A journey in the middle of the day would take over 2 hours using buses only. Whereas it takes just over an hour using trains. Need I go on about why people would use a train over a bus?

You believe, from what I can deduce, the mayor has allowed Abellio to keep the franchise simply because of a ticket type that was available under London Midland and Network West Midlands. Okay mate, if you say so. The brands were united prior to the WMCA, the Network West Midlands logo was displayed on every bus, train and tram long before Andy Street. He is simply trying to maintain the consistent brand that was made for him long before he was mayor.

You talk utter shit to be quite frank. Your comments about TfWM are often extreme and the supposed 'meetings' you attend, I'd love to see some form of proof as I believe your another pisstaker as all your responses are quite formulaic. 'The Mayor wants it' or 'WMCA want it' or 'The people of Blackheath want it' or 'I saw it didn't turn up'. You consistently fail to provide proof of these rather unbelievable claims. You, like a typical tory, cannot accept when they are wrong despite it being proven too many times to count.

You talk shit and can guarantee this forum would be, as it was, a better place without you on it.

Without speaking out of turn, the lack of moderation on this member's post is a joke yet you're punishing long-standing members for pointing out to you what is directly in front of you. I, a member for 6 years, have never the forum in a worse state than it is now, due to the constant political propaganda and bullshit from Blackheath Billy.

Pat

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 03, 2020, 03:07:37 PM
I use trains everyday because I HAVE to.  I have no other option as if I commuted by bus, it would take me twice as long and involve multiple changes, so therefore not a realistic and efficient way to travel.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Dom on February 03, 2020, 05:53:08 PM
First of all, hardly out the kindness of his heart? Abellio (Who I shall refer to as the franchise of 'WMT' are doing everything they can to progress with this franchise, through large recruitment intakes, constant investment into new units. None of this can be done instantly and they are very much so doing the best with what they have. Surely if he believed the service ran by WMT is that unacceptable, he'd revoke the franchise.

Secondly, you believe it was a major win for the mayor. Surely if he, as many try to, believe that it is such a bad franchise and its running is unacceptable for the people of Birmingham, surely the major win would be to put it to an end and re-award the franchise? That, in the eyes of those who believe it is failing, would surely be the best result? Oh, wait... that's until the next TOC comes along and suffers the same problems.

He knows that if he tried to re-award the franchise the DfT would shut him down immediately. He would not stand a chance. A typical tory move to try and look the hero when really he has done f*ck all for the city of Birmingham or the West Midlands as a region, its funny that as the election rolls around he makes the empty threats to revoke the franchise with no other plan in place.

Finally, I'd love to know what a knackered old dart has to do with your post. Completely irrelevant.

First of all, you don't use the railway network, which in the thought process put into your X8 comments, means you have no right or reason to comment on West Midlands Railway or any other TOC for that matter.

Secondly, you fail to understand why people use trains? You really should remove the rose-tinted glasses you wear and open your eyes to the wider world. A train from Wolverhampton to Birmingham takes 23 minutes if calling at all stations, regardless of peak or off Peak. Your beloved X8, (which I live on the route and catch regularly before you try to say I can't comment) takes 1hr 38m in the peak times, that is providing it is on time the entire journey. That's 5x longer than a train. It also has a capacity that means it can carry a far higher volume, in a quicker time over a longer distance. Looking on a wider scale, Redditch to Lichfield. A journey in the middle of the day would take over 2 hours using buses only. Whereas it takes just over an hour using trains. Need I go on about why people would use a train over a bus?

You believe, from what I can deduce, the mayor has allowed Abellio to keep the franchise simply because of a ticket type that was available under London Midland and Network West Midlands. Okay mate, if you say so. The brands were united prior to the WMCA, the Network West Midlands logo was displayed on every bus, train and tram long before Andy Street. He is simply trying to maintain the consistent brand that was made for him long before he was mayor.

You talk utter shit to be quite frank. Your comments about TfWM are often extreme and the supposed 'meetings' you attend, I'd love to see some form of proof as I believe your another pisstaker as all your responses are quite formulaic. 'The Mayor wants it' or 'WMCA want it' or 'The people of Blackheath want it' or 'I saw it didn't turn up'. You consistently fail to provide proof of these rather unbelievable claims. You, like a typical tory, cannot accept when they are wrong despite it being proven too many times to count.

You talk shit and can guarantee this forum would be, as it was, a better place without you on it.

Without speaking out of turn, the lack of moderation on this member's post is a joke yet you're punishing long-standing members for pointing out to you what is directly in front of you. I, a member for 6 years, have never the forum in a worse state than it is now, due to the constant political propaganda and bullshit from Blackheath Billy.
I do love a Dart the perfect bus for it's a day a design classic . The Mayor announced his decision and I was delighted to share the news with everyone on the forum who I  knew would be delighted that a future direction for West Midlands Railway had been decided after long hard consideration by Mr Street. I simply cannot see the point of trains they are overrated and over subsidised but those that use them will be harterned by Mr Streets announcement today yet another great victory for Andy Street what would the West Midlands do without him and will pass your comments and suggestions on to the WMCA in due course as I have no involvement with the trains frankly who would be I do know TfWM do not get the level of comments about the railways they receive about the bus network and so I am sure TfWM will welcome them and I am happy to share your comments with them, most valuable.

richardjones210368

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on February 03, 2020, 06:18:18 PM
I use trains everyday because I HAVE to.  I have no other option as if I commuted by bus, it would take me twice as long and involve multiple changes, so therefore not a realistic and efficient way to travel.
Interesting surely a gap there for @Tony & West Midlands Travel Limited to offer a Plantnum Limited Stop service have you suggested it to the company as it saddens me you have no realistic alternative @NXWMFAN1105 .

Tony

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 03, 2020, 06:36:26 PM
I do love a Dart the perfect bus for it's a day a design classic . The Mayor announced his decision and I was delighted to share the news with everyone on the forum who I  knew would be delighted that a future direction for West Midlands Railway had been decided after long hard consideration by Mr Street. I simply cannot see the point of trains they are overrated and over subsidised but those that use them will be harterned by Mr Streets announcement today yet another great victory for Andy Street what would the West Midlands do without him.

Without trains the West Midlands, and several other areas of the country would grind to a complete halt. That is the point of them.

The mayor has done absolutely nothing but talk to the managers of WMT.

He hasn't magiced up any more drivers or guards.
He hasn't made WMT lease any additional trains.

So I have no reason to believe the service would have been any different without him.

The 2019 problems were caused by
1) A shortage of staff and they still have the same number now.
2) Failure to recover from incidents causing delays mostly caused by Network Rail. This is the bit WMT could have done a lot better with, but in January we did not have any of these major problems, so we still don't know whether they will be any better at that or not.

I note in his statement he has released he said he has got them to use skipping stations as a last resort which is interesting as the LNWR 18:45 from Euston to Crewe on Saturday kicked everyone off at Rugby, including my daughter, so it could run non-stop to Crewe to make time up! - so no improvement there then.

Tony

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 03, 2020, 06:43:58 PM
Interesting surely a gap there for @Tony & West Midlands Travel Limited to offer a Plantnum Limited Stop service have you suggested it to the company as it saddens me you have no realistic alternative @NXWMFAN1105 .

I am also a season ticket holder on the railway because I live in Cannock, so in theory do have a new platinum alternative, but the walk to Hednesford Station is 18 minutes, to Cannock Bus Station is 30 minutes, and Hednesford to Birmingham on the train at 45 minutes is far superior in time to the X51 even when it is on time like it is most days at the time I would use it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk