News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Combined Authorty

Started by richardjones210368, January 23, 2020, 11:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 04, 2020, 07:35:35 PM
There is no such thing as an Andy Street plan it is plan of The West Midlands Combined Authority and as such such should be under that thread and not in an Andy Street Plan thread as there is no such thing. The forum rules clearly state a new thread should not be created when an existing one is live don't they @Stu

Since when do you obey forum rules?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 04, 2020, 07:42:38 PM
Since when do you obey forum rules?
There is no such thing as an Andy Street plan it is plan of The West Midlands Combined Authority and as such such should be under that thread and not in an Andy Street Plan thread as there is no such thing. The forum rules clearly state a new thread should not be created when an exiting one is live

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 04, 2020, 07:49:22 PM
There is no such thing as an Andy Street plan it is plan of The West Midlands Combined Authority and as such such should be under that thread and not in an Andy Street Plan thread as there is no such thing. The forum rules clearly state a new thread should not be created when an exiting one is live

The rules also say: DO NOT:

Bombard the forum with 20+ posts within your first hours/day of joining

Post daft questions / rubbish or generally disrupt the workings of the forum & annoy existing members
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Gareth

Quote from: monkeyjoe on February 04, 2020, 07:32:12 PM
I don't remember that. I remember talk of trams
for coleshill Rd Didn't realise there was talk of compulsory orders bla bla. People were to busy Moaning about Tesco etc

Well that's what I assume would have happened. I was only very young, but I do recall conversations between parents and the neighbours about how they were going to be knocking our houses down because of the trams. I was worried where I was going to live!

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on February 04, 2020, 08:27:11 PM
Well that's what I assume would have happened. I was only very young, but I do recall conversations between parents and the neighbours about how they were going to be knocking our houses down because of the trams. I was worried where I was going to live!

The castle Bromwich line was going to be line 1. All of one side of Coleshill Road from the Fox & Goose to Hodge Hill Common was to be demolished in the original plan. After uproar from residents the easier to build Snow Hill-Wolverhampton line was moved to number one priority

Busboy105

Quote from: monkeyjoe on February 04, 2020, 06:49:53 PM
What do people think, do we have faith in it happening discuss......?.

https://www.itv.com/news/central/2020-02-04/billion-pound-transport-plans-proposed-for-west-midlands-include-underground-lines-and-21-new-rail-stations/
Is there really a point in underground lines? Are we trying to be a discount London? It's not like we aren't with the Swift and the new WMBus livery

Stu

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 04, 2020, 07:42:25 PM
Then why is ok to for @monkeyjoe to start a thread about Mr Street quoting a factually incorrect news article when it was actually an WMCA announcement therefore should be within this thread me thinks double standards about forum rules!

I have now seen that thread in question, what is factually incorrect about what is being stated? Are you insinuating that ITV is 'fake news'?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Gareth

Quote from: Tony on February 04, 2020, 08:30:38 PM
The castle Bromwich line was going to be line 1. All of one side of Coleshill Road from the Fox & Goose to Hodge Hill Common was to be demolished in the original plan. After uproar from residents the easier to build Snow Hill-Wolverhampton line was moved to number one priority

Ah, so it was probably just idle gossip and speculation then. As we lived at the Saltley Gate end of Washwood Heath Road.

Stu

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 04, 2020, 07:35:35 PM
There is no such thing as an Andy Street plan it is plan of The West Midlands Combined Authority and as such such should be under that thread and not in an Andy Street Plan thread as there is no such thing. The forum rules clearly state a new thread should not be created when an existing one is live don't they @Stu

I agree, this is not Andy Street's plan, my belief is that if this is what is being decided then it makes no difference who the mayor will eventually be, its going to happen anyway.

But if Andy Street is using this announcement as part of his election strategy for the forthcoming mayoral elections, then your complaint is noted, but dismissed.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

The problem with all this is it has to be a long term project, as i said erarlier with all the expenditure on HS2, where will money be found for projects like these.

Plus the added fact that people of my age will never really benefit from projects like these, but will more than likely get the inconvenience in the short term.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Stu on February 04, 2020, 08:50:59 PM
I agree, this is not Andy Street's plan, my belief is that if this is what is being decided then it makes no difference who the mayor will eventually be, its going to happen anyway.

But if Andy Street is using this announcement as part of his election strategy for the forthcoming mayoral elections, then your complaint is noted, but dismissed.

Should be the West Midlands Combined Authority plan as Street will not be a mayor in 2040...
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

Look where I've been today!

The same building I started work at  coming up to 42 years ago

Dom

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 03, 2020, 06:36:26 PM
I do love a Dart the perfect bus for it's a day a design classic . The Mayor announced his decision and I was delighted to share the news with everyone on the forum who I  knew would be delighted that a future direction for West Midlands Railway had been decided after long hard consideration by Mr Street. I simply cannot see the point of trains they are overrated and over subsidised but those that use them will be harterned by Mr Streets announcement today yet another great victory for Andy Street what would the West Midlands do without him and will pass your comments and suggestions on to the WMCA in due course as I have no involvement with the trains frankly who would be I do know TfWM do not get the level of comments about the railways they receive about the bus network and so I am sure TfWM will welcome them and I am happy to share your comments with them, most valuable.

The fact you fail to argue any of my points shows that you must believe I am correct. Another formulaic response, "I'll pass these comments onto TfWM". Which comments exactly? I've not commented on the franchise but the mayors decision to keep abellio running WMT.

Again, you talk rubbish constantly and fail to add anything to the conversation/debate.

Gareth

I've just seen the photos posted by AMRTM. A shame that the room is filled with people who look like they've been dragged there against their will. Not one smile or engaged look between them. Some I think are fast asleep.

I love the transport museum, but perhaps this wasn't the best venue from a WMCA PR point of view.

danny

Awww @Tony... Does it feel like that long since you started or like it was yesterday.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk