News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Combined Authorty

Started by richardjones210368, January 23, 2020, 11:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

Quote from: ellspurs on February 06, 2020, 07:14:05 PM
I hope Mr Street will be doing what he can to maintain his 29,000+ majority in Solihull. Not seen him over here that much.

I wouldn't hold your breath - he's probably got a 'dead cert' majority in that area and will focus on areas where he may swing voters by his political spin - oh smacked hand sorry - the surgeries aren't political but are 'public information events' so can be advertised on buses (but only WM Bus ones)....
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

richie

I received one of Andys newsletters today, I must say I am a bit underwhelmed as much of an interest I have in public transport it seems that the mayor is an all out bus and train nut. The majority of his leaflet was about public transport. Surely the mayor should be appealing to the many not just users or potential users of public transport. He needs to broaden his horizons! I voted for a mayor not a transport boss! There is a lot lot more to fix across the boroughs.

richardjones210368

Yes @richie its is very bus based the newspaper isn't it I am not sure why and with Labour's candidates declaring next week we are about to see the start of the campaign for the election of the next Mayor of The West Midlands Combined Authority and with that in mind this is my final post. I do not want a conflict of interest and this is not a political forum.  Many thanks to everyone to listening to my opinions of the buses of the West Midlands. Thank you to everyone who replied to my posts and to the moderators who I have requested to delete my account and to all the posters when you see the X8 try and think of me...............

Stu

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 06, 2020, 11:11:24 PM
Yes @richie its is very bus based the newspaper isn't it I am not sure why and with Labour's candidates declaring next week we are about to see the start of the campaign for the election of the next Mayor of The West Midlands Combined Authority and with that in mind this is my final post. I do not want a conflict of interest and this is not a political forum.  Many thanks to everyone to listening to my opinions of the buses of the West Midlands. Thank you to everyone who replied to my posts and to the moderators who I have requested to delete my account and to all the posters when you see the X8 try and think of me...............

Maybe we can return to some normality now!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

mesub

Well I guess he's gone then..
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Stu

Quote from: PinkBus on February 05, 2020, 06:07:44 PM
Still waiting for our Sandwell Champions to be delivered to my home which is a B67 postcode, therefore part of Sandwell. Hurry up please Royal Mail!

For your information @PinkBus , I just found my copy of 'Birmingham Champions' while I was sorting through some junk mail I had inadvertently left on my kitchen work top.

It was hidden inside a Farm Foods leaflet, which I regularly receive and usually put straight in the recycling box.

You may well have done the same! (Royal Mail do deliver this junk mail too!)

Having said that, after scanning briefly through the contents, 'Birmingham Champions' did swiftly end up in the recycling. At least it may enjoy a more useful purpose once it is recycled!

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ellspurs

The "Solihull Champions" newsletter finally turned up this week. Mr Street apparently wishes to build a Gigafactory of some sort (for electric cars) on a brownfield site. Oh and he personally worked with NX to freeze fare prices for a third year in a row, and increased funding for Landflight-ran local services.

The usual tosh, I expect.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: ellspurs on February 15, 2020, 09:19:21 AM
The "Solihull Champions" newsletter finally turned up this week. Mr Street apparently wishes to build a Gigafactory of some sort (for electric cars) on a brownfield site. Oh and he personally worked with NX to freeze fare prices for a third year in a row, and increased funding for Landflight-ran local services.

The usual tosh, I expect.
and the 'Coventry Champions' version also turned up this week. Could it be re-election time soon? I guess he has more sponsorship money to spend than his rivals?

WyreForestShuttle

Following @Trident 4194 experience  with National Express West Midlands or TfWM on the subject of refunds for TfWM tickets purchased. If any one else has or had a similar experience please Personal Message me with the details to take the subject off forum in order to seek a resolution to the matter.  Untill yesterday I was not aware of the problems there appears to be with ticket refunds.

Gareth

Please, we don't need every other thread about one persons bus pass.

Pat

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on June 25, 2020, 08:34:08 AM
Following @Trident 4194 experience of the failure to get any satisfaction with National Express West Midlands on the subject of refunds for TfWM tickets purchased from them. If any one else has or had a similar experience please Personal Message me with the details to take the subject off forum in order to gather the evidence for submission to the WMCA.  Untill yesterday TfWM were not aware of the failings of NXWM to its customers as well over 90% tickets issued by TfWM due a refund have been sucessfully refunded.
Just out of interest, what is your position within TfWM/WMCA and what can you do about this that others can't?

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Pat on June 25, 2020, 09:51:34 AM
Just out of interest, what is your position within TfWM/WMCA and what can you do about this that others can't?
I you would like to PM me with the question off forum I am happy to respond it is not a subject for discussion on a public forum.

don

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on June 25, 2020, 08:34:08 AM
Following @Trident 4194 experience of the failure to get any satisfaction with National Express West Midlands on the subject of refunds for TfWM tickets purchased from them. If any one else has or had a similar experience please Personal Message me with the details to take the subject off forum in order to gather the evidence for submission to the WMCA.  Untill yesterday TfWM were not aware of the failings of NXWM to its customers as well over 90% tickets issued by TfWM due a refund have been sucessfully refunded.

WMCA/TfWM must have had their heads in the sand then.

This is a nationwide issue for public transport operators (particularly who operate commercially) and Transport Focus has been dealing with the rail aspects. However their website indicates expect delays in receiving a refund owing to demand and the fact staff have been furloughed - 8 weeks appears to be normal. There is also not a consistent approach across all transport operators.

It is unfair to single out NXWM on this beyond Trident 4194's complaint, which frankly should be taken up in official channels not on a public forum. It's a national problem.

don

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on June 25, 2020, 10:14:28 AM
I you would like to PM me with the question off forum I am happy to respond it is not a subject for discussion on a public forum.

How odd - but requesting complaints about NXWM is? Remember the forum's privately owned and provided for transport enthusiasts - and I'd be mightily pissed off if some anonymous busybody (even if it's the Mayor himself in disguise) was encouraging people to make complaints about my employer on it 😏

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: don on June 25, 2020, 11:52:50 AM
How odd - but requesting complaints about NXWM is? Remember the forum's privately owned and provided for transport enthusiasts - and I'd be mightily pissed off if some anonymous busybody (even if it's the Mayor himself in disguise) was encouraging people to make complaints about my employer on it 😏
I am not asking for complaints about Mr Hunters employer in any way. I am asking for feedback about ticket refunds to NXWM & TfWM  customers in response to a posters experience to try to find a solution to the problem which is why I asked for it to be undertaken offline .It is no way a reflection of the excellent operations National Express West Midlands provide across the West Midlands.  We are very lucky to have an operator of such high quality providing such a comprehensive service.  We are also very lucky to have Mr Hunters excellent forum where all matters of the local bus world can be discussed in a constructive manor . I thank Mr Hunter for all his hard work on the forum it is much appreciated. I am simply trying to ascertain if there is a wider problem at TfWM & NXWM which needs resolving.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk