News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 30, 2021, 04:44:48 PM
Yes.  43 does not serve Oxford Street and operates via Black Country Route in both directions.

Thanks for clarifing that @Pat...

Now I'll leave you in peace unless you can answer any of the other questions I have posted earlier?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 29, 2021, 03:50:10 PM
Hi all

I want to know the following if pssible?

1. Do any journeys on the 231 still serve Narrow Lane or Oak Barn Road?

2. Diamond service 4H route between Halesowen  Bus Station and Dudley Road  Shenstone Island?

3. Does the 202 run as it did before via Ridgeway Avenue and not Kent Road?

4.Are there any journeys on the 002 that still serve Mucklow Hill?

5. In Bearwood are there any other services that serve Grange Road between Bearwood Road & Waterloo Road execpt for the 22? Answerd. Thanks to @Zander

6. At Dudley bus station and Tipton  rail staton shouldn't there be a symbol by the 42 as it is alternate daytime journeys that terminate at Tipton or Dudley?

7. Is the loop at Lodge Farm (Dudley) served both direction on the 11 & 11A or is it just in one direction (to Dudley)?  Sort of answerd, but need more clarity. thanks to @Westy for part of the answer.

8. Are there any plans for the 2 & 2A to be branded again or not? As I know they were de-branded when it was renumbered from 222.

9. Does the 67 in Wednesbury operate along Ridding Lane in both directions?

I think that sould keep everyone busy!!! 😁

updates list of questions... 😁

Quote from: Westy on January 29, 2021, 04:23:03 PM
Last time I went down there, which was admittedly nearly a year ago, I'm pretty sure it served both directions, but ISTR it's one of those areas, where you could see from the 'main road', if there was anyone in the stop or not, then you had the 'option' whether you go there or not. (Admittedly against company rules of course!)

There's another area nearby ISTR where you could do the same, but looking at the map now, I think that has been eliminated nowadays. I think it was the Saltwells Road area?

Quote from: Zander on January 29, 2021, 05:16:25 PM
5. In Bearwood are there any other services that serve Grange Road between Bearwood Road & Waterloo Road execpt for the 22?

The 54/54a use it going towards West Bromwich

Bus Man K2

One more question to add to the list above. 😁

In Stone Cross is there a road in the middle of the island that the 40 turns around in, or does it do what the other routes do by operating around the whole island? I think it does the whole island but cant remember if there is a small cut through? 😁

I can't seam to attach a photo of what I'm talking about.. It says it's too big but I don't think it is!! 😁 It's 3.26meg.. Dimentions 3096 X 4128

ellspurs

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 31, 2021, 12:07:56 PM

In Stone Cross is there a road in the middle of the island that the 40 turns around in, or does it do what the other routes do by operating around the whole island? I think it does the whole island but cant remember if there is a small cut through? 😁

I can't seam to attach a photo of what I'm talking about.. It says it's too big but I don't think it is!! 😁 It's 3.26meg.. Dimentions 3096 X 4128

https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/find-a-timetable/#/route/cen_33040_S_H_y11_22-22?direction=Inbound&when=0

Click the "change direction" button, you'll see it goes around the roundabout that I'm assuming you are talking about.

Bus Man K2

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 31, 2021, 12:07:56 PM

I've no idea what you are on about with a road through the middle of the roundabout, that would be an impossibility as there is a pub and block of flats there.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 31, 2021, 02:14:09 PM
I've no idea what you are on about with a road through the middle of the roundabout, that would be an impossibility as there is a pub and block of flats there.

Hi @Tony  If you look at the S&D area map it doesn't show the 40 as operating the loop in the Stone Cross area (Island).. This is why I posed... I can't attach the photo of what I mean as it's too big. But as @ellspurs did with the map off the WMN timetable page is just as adequate!!! As that shows it as operating around the island and not through it (if you look at the S&D map it look like there's a road  where you've said the pub and flats are.. 😁

Stu

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 31, 2021, 02:26:00 PM
Hi @Tony  If you look at the S&D area map it doesn't show the 40 as operating the loop in the Stone Cross area (Island).. This is why I posed... I can't attach the photo of what I mean as it's too big. But as @ellspurs did with the map off the WMN timetable page is just as adequate!!! As that shows it as operating around the island and not through it (if you look at the S&D map it look like there's a road  where you've said the pub and flats are.. 😁

The S&D map is sort of correct, in that the other services continue up Walsall Road, where it joins back as a dual carriageway, while only the 40 goes round the island to head south along Walsall Road.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Stu on January 31, 2021, 02:38:41 PM
The S&D map is sort of correct, in that the other services continue up Walsall Road, where it joins back as a dual carriageway, while only the 40 goes round the island to head south along Walsall Road.

Yes @Stu  I understand that the service has to do a loop at that island to head down to West Brom,, but I'd have thought that the line for that service would follow the other list a a circle and not a square, As I stated in my first post it looks like there's a road where ther isn't one.

Can I just ask how did you @Stu  get that map attached as I tried and it said the picture was too big?

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 31, 2021, 02:46:49 PM
Yes @Stu  I understand that the service has to do a loop at that island to head down to West Brom,, but I'd have thought that the line for that service would follow the other list a a circle and not a square, As I stated in my first post it looks like there's a road where ther isn't one.

Can I just ask how did you @Stu  get that map attached as I tried and it said the picture was too big?

It doesn't follow the others because they don't go around the roundabout, @Stu explained that

Stu

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 31, 2021, 02:46:49 PM

Look again at Google Maps and the road layout there, actually the S&D map is correct albeit more simplistic than my crude overlaying  ;D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 31, 2021, 02:59:16 PM
It doesn't follow the others because they don't go around the roundabout, @Stu explained that

Yes @Tony I understand that they it doesn't follow the same route as all the other except it should show it actually operating around the island and as I though it looks like there's a road where you're saying the pub and flats are. So I think it should be shown operating around the island like all the other services!! 😁 Sorry if it seems a bit trivial but to me it looks like there is a road where you say the flats are if you don't look at Google maps you would possibly think the same thing if you've never travelled in the area before (Which obviously I have but I dont not the road layouts that well!) As they seem to change so offten!! 😁

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 31, 2021, 03:06:21 PM
Yes @Tony I understand that they it doesn't follow the same route as all the other except it should show it actually operating around the island and as I though it looks like there's a road where you're saying the pub and flats are. So I think it should be shown operating around the island like all the other services!! 😁 Sorry if it seems a bit trivial but to me it looks like there is a road where you say the flats are if you don't look at Google maps you would possibly think the same thing if you've never travelled in the area before (Which obviously I have but I dont not the road layouts that well!) As they seem to change so offten!! 😁

How difficult is it to get, @Stu has shown you with his drawing the map is correct. ONLY THE 40 GOES AROUND THE ROUNDABOUT. That is why it gets a separate line.

None of the other services do!

I think it should be shown operating around the island like all the other services!! 😁

How difficult is it to get, @Stu has shown you with his drawing the map is correct. ONLY THE 40 GOES AROUND THE ROUNDABOUT. That is why it gets a separate line.

(Which obviously I have but I don't not the road layouts that well!) As they seem to change so offten!! 😁

Do you know any routes well?

Stone cross road layout hasn't changed for many years, let alone regularly. Certainly not since 2000 when I was a driver at Walsall garage

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Stu on January 31, 2021, 03:01:22 PM
Look again at Google Maps and the road layout there, actually the S&D map is correct albeit more simplistic than my crude overlaying  ;D

If you say it's correct I will agree to disagree as I've just postes back to @Tony post. To be honest it looks to me as if it's not the same loop but maybe it's because google maps is less cluttered!! 😁 I would have thought it would look better if all the lines were in the same place all be it with the line doing the loop as slight grey line to the own but with the line following the Black Line to the junction where the black liine then contiues up to Walsall and comes back down towards West Bromwich.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 31, 2021, 03:13:07 PM

Do you know any routes well?

Stone cross road layout hasn't changed for many years, let alone regularly. Certainly not since 2000 when I was a driver at Walsall garage

If you look at what Ive just said to @Stu may be we can get back on track? I was only asking and also may be because of my OCD it just doesn't look right!! 😁. Sorry for having my operation!! 😁

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk