News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 31, 2021, 03:13:32 PM
If you say it's correct I will agree to disagree as I've just postes back to @Tony post. To be honest it looks to me as if it's not the same loop but maybe it's because google maps is less cluttered!! 😁 I would have thought it would look better if all the lined were in. the same plae all be it with the line doing the loop as shlight grey line to the own but with the line following the  Black Line to the junction where the black liine then contiues up to Walsall and comes back down towards West Bromwich.

Have you looked at @Stu drawing above where he has drawn the routes on top of a genuine map? The TfWM looks exactly the same as Stu's drawing.

Just stop being awkward, where you have to disagree with people because you cannot possibly be wrong

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 31, 2021, 03:18:53 PM
Have you looked at @Stu drawing above where he has drawn the routes on top of a genuine map? The TfWM looks exactly the same as Stu's drawing.

Just stop being awkward, where you have to disagree with people because you cannot possibly be wrong

I am not an Idiot (Thanks @Tony for the derogatory  statement) or awkward... As I cleatly stated in my last  post to you or @Stu was that my OCD is always  a factor in me disagreeing with people.. To answer you queation Yes I did see his map... Again though it's all down to my OCD and if you don't like that then I'm sorry... It's the way I have been for a long time... Sorry

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 31, 2021, 03:13:07 PM
How difficult is it to get, @Stu has shown you with his drawing the map is correct. ONLY THE 40 GOES AROUND THE ROUNDABOUT. That is why it gets a separate line.

None of the other services do!

How difficult is it to get, @Stu has shown you with his drawing the map is correct. ONLY THE 40 GOES AROUND THE ROUNDABOUT. That is why it gets a separate line.

None of the other services do!

Do you know any routes well?

Stone cross road layout hasn't changed for many years, let alone regularly. Certainly not since 2000 when I was a driver at Walsall garage

To answer you question @Tony I only know my local area routes well!! 😁

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 31, 2021, 03:48:08 PM
To answer you question @Tony I only know my local area routes well!! 😁
So why are you checking TfWM maps voluntarily, if you don't know the majority of what you are checking?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 31, 2021, 03:51:43 PM
So why are you checking TfWM maps voluntarily, if you don't know the majority of what you are checking?

I collect all the timetables so I can check the maps agains the timetable maps and or and online map or asking everyonw on here... Yes I know I can get into alot of augments on here but most of the stuff I don't argue with I take on board.. It's also down to the case of my OCD in some cases I'd agree with people on here but in other cases can't I have an option? What's the saying  'free speach' on here you can't say anything as an option unles you get into an argument!! 😁 Which I don't reallly want, but it's all down to my OCD as I keep on saying.... So if I get on peoples nerves sorry, but it's the way I'm built!! 😁

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 31, 2021, 03:51:43 PM

Plus I was asked by the team who look after producing them as my attention to detail is great in some cases, but obviously not in some cases.. plus as well with my OCD it doesnt help!!! 😁

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 31, 2021, 03:58:28 PM
I collect all the timetables so I can check the maps agains the timetable maps and or and online map or asking everyonw on here... Yes I know I can get into alot of augments on here but most of the stuff I don't argue with I take on board.. It's also down to the case of my OCD in some cases I'd agree with people on here but in other cases can't I have an option? What's the saying  'free speach' on here you can't say anything as an option unles you get into an argument!! 😁 Which I don't reallly want, but it's all down to my OCD as I keep on saying.... So if I get on peoples nerves sorry, but it's the way I'm built!! 😁
But the thing is, you think that your opinions is what the public want, despite being told on numerous occasions by someone who has worked on this field of expertise for many years that it is not.  It isn't a case of having an opinion, it is a case of what is best for the public.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 31, 2021, 04:22:50 PM
But the thing is, you think that your opinions is what the public want, despite being told on numerous occasions by someone who has worked on this field of expertise for many years that it is not.  It isn't a case of having an opinion, it is a case of what is best for the public.

I take your point @Pat.. However I am part of the 'generap public' and if I think it looks wrong then I'm darn sure others might.... Agan I  take the point abot listening to people who have been in the business for a long time, but time after time there will be things that I disagree with... and if I think I'm right I've got to stand by what I say.... 😁 To be subject to abuse from a moderator isn't good.. but if I don't agree with something I dont expect to be subject to abuse....all be it if I deserve it!! 😁

So can you now see where I'm coming from..

Lastly all I want is what passengers expect.. also may be it's all down to my OCD and may ve it doesnt help if people post thinfs like saying Idiot, although it may seem like I may be thag is quite hurtful and if I said that to you or someone I'd be trown off of banned for a while.. 😁 Not saying @Tony should be but if he uses hurtful language like that I think there should be some repercussion!! 😁

Bus Man K2

Yes I may be an idiot in some peoples opinion but there's no need to use that language on here... 😁 You don't see me using that if someone is wrong or constantly on someones nerves!! 😁

Stu

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 31, 2021, 04:01:57 PM
Plus I was asked by the team who look after producing them as my attention to detail is great in some cases, but obviously not in some cases.. plus as well with my OCD it doesnt help!!! 😁

Attention to detail is one thing.

Knowledge is a different thing.

Both combined together are very useful. But attention to detail without the relevant knowledge is useless.

You're wasting your time looking for errors if you don't know what is actually correct. Or even incorrect for that matter.

And it also seems a waste of time asking others for help, if you're not going to listen to what you're being told and just start arguments.

There's no shame in telling TfWM that there are some area maps you can't help them with, because you don't know those areas.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 31, 2021, 04:43:07 PM
I take your point @Pat.. However I am part of the 'generap public'

This is the bit you don't understand at all. You are not representative. Your OCD and enthusiasm is completely different to 99% of the people who are travelling. All they want to know is where they can catch a bus to where they want to go, and what time it runs.

Where it does a U-turn to restart in the other direction, which of two parallel roads it uses without stopping, whether it goes through a roundabout or round it are all totally irrelevant.

I am with you on wanting accuracy on maps and timetables, but sometimes too much information is as bad as none at all.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 31, 2021, 04:43:07 PM
I take your point @Pat.. However I am part of the 'generap public' and if I think it looks wrong then I'm darn sure others might.... Agan I  take the point abot listening to people who have been in the business for a long time, but time after time there will be things that I disagree with... and if I think I'm right I've got to stand by what I say.... 😁 To be subject to abuse from a moderator isn't good.. but if I don't agree with something I dont expect to be subject to abuse....all be it if I deserve it!! 😁

Lastly all I want is what passengers expect.. also may be it's all down to my OCD and may ve it doesnt help if people post thinfs like saying Idiot, although it may seem like I may be thag is quite hurtful and if I said that to you or someone I'd be trown off of banned for a while.. 😁 Not saying @Tony should be but if he uses hurtful language like that I think there should be some repercussion!! 😁
If you are working voluntarily for TfWM, helping them to produce something, then you technically aren't classed as 'the public' in that scenario.  You have been proved wrong on multiple occasions about your ideas by many different people, but still don't seem to want to take any notice.

You say you "think" you're right.  That proves that you don't know what you're doing, and asking someone in the know to tell you.  Therefore, you should take this onboard.

If you disagree with someone with so much more knowledge and experience than you, and don't listen to what they have to tell you, then they're quite right to be annoyed with you.  It is Tony's site, and he can do and say what he likes.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 31, 2021, 05:06:19 PM
If you are working voluntarily for TfWM, helping them to produce something, then you technically aren't classed as 'the public' in that scenario.  You have been proved wrong on multiple occasions about your ideas by many different people, but still don't seem to want to take any notice.

You say you "think" you're right.  That proves that you don't know what you're doing, and asking someone in the know to tell you.  Therefore, you should take this onboard.

If you disagree with someone with so much more knowledge and experience than you, and don't listen to what they have to tell you, then they're quite right to be annoyed with you.  It is Tony's site, and he can do and say what he likes.

Well they still class me as the 'general public' so that's what I am.. As I am not paid by them.. Yess @Stu  I can see were you're coming  form but if TfWM what help and they have said I can share this with the wider public I don't lexpect to get abuse of the owner of the site.. Yes I know I'm asking for help but if I don't agree with something why can't I have my say without getting abuse thrown back at me.

I don't like confrontatiion and in other terms I wouldn't throw words out that could be hurtful.. Yes I know it's @Tony site so he may be able to get away with it for a bit but when it's somthing as close to  my heart as this is then I don't expect to get abused. I know it may seem that I don't listern but  most of the time I do...and if my opinion isn't correct but I stick to what I think it should be then I again don't expect any abuse...especially from the site owner... Now my rant is over I do appreciate the help even if I don't always agree with somethings and some people!! 😁

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 31, 2021, 05:25:18 PM
but if I don't agree with something
What do you not agree with? As far as I can see you've been shown the route it uses, so I don't understand.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: 2206 on January 31, 2021, 05:28:19 PM
What do you not agree with? As far as I can see you've been shown the route it uses, so I don't understand.

Hi @2206

I think the green line should follow the grey lines to where thre 30 and 66 terminate then come down the Walsall Road towards West Bromwich. If you catch my drift!! 😁

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk