News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Westy on January 29, 2021, 04:23:03 PM
Last time I went down there, which was admittedly nearly a year ago, I'm pretty sure it served both directions, but ISTR it's one of those areas, where you could see from the 'main road', if there was anyone in the stop or not, then you had the 'option' whether you go there or not. (Admittedly against company rules of course!)

There's another area nearby ISTR where you could do the same, but looking at the map now, I think that has been eliminated nowadays. I think it was the Saltwells Road area?

Hi @Westy

Thanks for this..

I know it used to operate to Dudley via the loop but to merry hill it only serves the bus stop on the hill at the island... I wasn't sure if it should do it in one directon ot both!!! 😁 May be @Tony or someone who drives the route who may be on this forum may know better. not saying you don't but you don't sound so sure!! 😁

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Westy on January 29, 2021, 04:23:03 PM
Last time I went down there, which was admittedly nearly a year ago, I'm pretty sure it served both directions, but ISTR it's one of those areas, where you could see from the 'main road', if there was anyone in the stop or not, then you had the 'option' whether you go there or not. (Admittedly against company rules of course!)

There's another area nearby ISTR where you could do the same, but looking at the map now, I think that has been eliminated nowadays. I think it was the Saltwells Road area?
Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 29, 2021, 03:50:10 PM
Hi all

I want to know the following if pssible?

1. Do any joyrneys on the 231 still serve Narrow Lane or Old Barn Lane.

2. Diamond service 4H route between Halesowen and Dudley Road  Shenstone Island.

3. Does the 202 run as it did before via Ridgeway Avenue and not Kent Road?

4.Are there any journeys on the 002 that still serve Mucklow Hill?

5. In Bearwood are there any other services that serve Grange Road between Bearwood Road & Waterloo Road execpt for the 22?

6. At Dudley bus station and Tipton  rail staton shouldn't there be a symbol by the 42 as it is alternate daytime journeys that terminate at Tipton or Dudley?

7. Is the loop at Lodge Farm (Dudley) served both direction on the 11 & 11A or is it just in one direction (to Dudley)?  Sort of answerd

8. Are there any plans for the 2 & 2A to be branded again or not? As I know it was de-branded when it was renumbered.

I think that sould keep everyone busy!!! 😁

Westy

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 29, 2021, 04:29:19 PM
Hi @Westy

Thanks for this..

I know it used to operate to Dudley via the loop but to merry hill it only serves the bus stop on the hill at the island... I wasn't sure if it should do it in one directon ot both!!! 😁 May be @Tony or someone who drives the route who may be on this forum may know better. not saying you don't but you don't sound so sure!! 😁

Admittedly there was one driver I could've asked(Tony knows who I mean), but as the person concerned has been on long term sick since 'this' started, plus I'm no longer catching the Bradford Place routes since last June, due to job changes, that is a non starter.

Well, if someone else knows, fair enough. I can only go by memory.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Westy on January 29, 2021, 04:41:15 PM
Admittedly there was one driver I could've asked(Tony knows who I mean), but as the person concerned has been on long term sick since 'this' started, plus I'm no longer catching the Bradford Place routes since last June, due to job changes, that is a non starter.

Well, if someone else knows, fair enough. I can only go by memory.

Hi @Westy I'm not having a go at you... I was just mearly pointing it out that someone else may know more than us two put together!! 😁

Zander

5. In Bearwood are there any other services that serve Grange Road between Bearwood Road & Waterloo Road execpt for the 22?

The 54/54a use it going towards West Bromwich

Westy

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 29, 2021, 04:55:10 PM
Hi @Westy I'm not having a go at you... I was just mearly pointing it out that someone else may know more than us two put together!! 😁

Makes a change. Mentioning no names, but you know who you are!

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Zander on January 29, 2021, 05:16:25 PM

The 54/54a use it going towards West Bromwich

Thanks @Zander

It really does help haveing acess to people who know more than me in some ways!! 😁

Bus Man K2

I am right in thinking that the 43A operates into/out of Bilston via Oxford Street and the 43 operates via Black Country Route to the island with Oxford Street then back along Black Country Route to Bankfield Road? If that's correct there should be a orange line and route number on Oxford Street?

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 30, 2021, 10:17:38 AM
I am right in thinking that the 43A operates into/out of Bilston via Oxford Street and the 43 operates via Black Country Route to the island with Oxford Strret then back along Black Country Route to Bankfield Road? If that's correct there should be a orange line and route number on Oxford Street?
Yes, 43A goes down the A41/Oxford Street.  The 43 goes out of the bus station gia Hall Street, past the war memorial, onto the roundabout, Black Country Route, then turning left at Morrisons to go down Bankfield Road.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 30, 2021, 10:50:37 AM
Yes, 43A goes down the A41/Oxford Street.  The 43 goes out of the bus station gia Hall Street, past the war memorial, onto the roundabout, Black Country Route, then turning left at Morrisons to go down Bankfield Road.

Hi @Pat I thought the 43A goes both direction along Hall St and Oxford Street and the 43 goes in to the bus station via Black Country Route and then returns to West Bromwich via Black Country Road, island of Oxford Street and Black Country Route to Bankfiled Road?

You didn't say that unless the 43 is supposed to do Oxford Street in the one direction? As when I travelled on it, it did the route that I said..

Bus Man K2

Just checked the map and there is an orange line on Oxford Street already...it's the Black Country Route that is missing it!! 😁 Sorry @Pat..

IWhen I travelled on the 43  it went out via Black, Country Route and then Bnakfield Road... Can anybody confirm if it's supposed to do that or do Oxford Street & Black Country Route out and just Black Country Route in?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 29, 2021, 03:50:10 PM
Hi all

I want to know the following if pssible?

1. Do any journeys on the 231 still serve Narrow Lane or Old Barn Lane?

2. Diamond service 4H route between Halesowen  Bus Station and Dudley Road  Shenstone Island?

3. Does the 202 run as it did before via Ridgeway Avenue and not Kent Road?

4.Are there any journeys on the 002 that still serve Mucklow Hill?

5. In Bearwood are there any other services that serve Grange Road between Bearwood Road & Waterloo Road execpt for the 22? Answerd. Thanks to @Zander

6. At Dudley bus station and Tipton  rail staton shouldn't there be a symbol by the 42 as it is alternate daytime journeys that terminate at Tipton or Dudley?

7. Is the loop at Lodge Farm (Dudley) served both direction on the 11 & 11A or is it just in one direction (to Dudley)?  Sort of answerd, but need more clarity. thanks to @Westy for part of the answer.

8. Are there any plans for the 2 & 2A to be branded again or not? As I know they were de-branded when it was renumbered from 222.

9. Does the 67 in Wednesbury operate along Ridding Lane in both directions?

I think that sould keep everyone busy!!! 😁

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 30, 2021, 12:05:06 PM
Just checked the map and there is an orange line on Oxford Street already...it's the Black Country Route that is missing it!! 😁 Sorry @Pat..

IWhen I travelled on the 43  it went out via Black, Country Route and then Bnakfield Road... Can anybody confirm if it's supposed to do that or do Oxford Street & Black Country Route out and just Black Country Route in?
No, 43 goes Black Country Route and past Morrisons

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 30, 2021, 04:26:03 PM
No, 43 goes Black Country Route and past Morrisons

Do you mean it doesnt do Oxford Street at all @Pat and it does Black Country Route in both direction by turning at the island for Oxford Street?, Sorry if this is getting on your nerves!! I don't meant to!! 😁

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 30, 2021, 04:29:56 PM
Do you mean it doesnt do Oxford Street at all @Pat and it does Black Country Route in both direction by turning at the island for Oxford Street?, Sorry if this is getting on your nerves!! I don't meant to!! 😁
Yes.  43 does not serve Oxford Street and operates via Black Country Route in both directions.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk