News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Does anybody think it's a good idea to show the 42 with a half coloured circle at Dudley and along that route?

Also if it's a half coloured circle for the Dudley journeys is correct what should the symbol be for the Tipton terminators have?

Bus Man K2

Does the Diamond 4H do the same route out of Halesowen towads Walsall as the NX one? I think it done but again I'm not sure!!! 😁

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 28, 2021, 02:35:42 PM
Right that explains it all then...

Have you come across any other mistakes yet?

I certainly have since you pointed out the trindle road thing... Do you know if Bishop Milner has changed name as I think it has but not sure? 😁

In the blown up map of Dudley. Do you know if Dudley Colege is still  where it's currently shown.

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 28, 2021, 02:51:24 PM
Does anybody think it's a good idea to show the 42 with a half coloured circle at Dudley and along that route?

Also if it's a half coloured circle for the Dudley journeys is correct what should the symbol be for the Tipton terminators have?

I also want to know the answers for these question if anybody knows!! 😁

Thanks in advance

Regards

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 28, 2021, 02:54:41 PM
Does the Diamond 4h do the same route out of Halesowen towads Walsall as the NX one? I think it done but again I'm not sure!!! 😁
No, Diamond go via Hagley Road out of Hayley Green.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 28, 2021, 02:56:59 PM

Hi @Pat I was talking about the outbound journey to Walsall from Halesowen and not alll the way from Hayley Green!! Thanks anyway..

As I said I think it was changed recently to run the same route as the NX service between Halesowen and Walsall. May be @Tony or @Simon Dunn  could clarifiy if Im correct or now?

Quote from: Pat on January 28, 2021, 02:56:59 PM

I also want to know what the Diamond route 4H does on the journeys from Halesowen Bus Station towards Walsall?

DJ

Quote from: Pat on January 28, 2021, 01:57:10 PM
Yes, the 74, 87, 126 & 229 were using Trindle Road temporarily due to roadworks, but are back to normal line of route.

The 74, 87 and 126 actually use Trindle Road, as they aren't down as stopping on Castle Street or Castle Hill. The only routes that go that way to Castle Gate are the 42 and 229.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: DJ on January 29, 2021, 05:38:57 AM
The 74, 87 and 126 actually use Trindle Road, as they aren't down as stopping on Castle Street or Castle Hill. The only routes that go that way to Castle Gate are the 42 and 229.

Hi @DJ
Thanks for the message.

Do thoes services use Trindle Road temp or for good now?  No worries if you don't know... I suspect that they may revert to useing Castle Hill when the Metro Works are finished... may be @Tony could clarifiy that?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: DJ on January 29, 2021, 05:38:57 AM

Can anyone confirm that the 11 & 11A still operate out of Dudley via Trindle Road?

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Stu on January 29, 2021, 11:40:44 AM
You've had an answer to this already:
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=5556.msg288261#msg288261

Sorry @Stu.

I forgote about that reply... 😁 But that post is short of right but wrong as its not the only service that uses Trndle Road... as stated by @DJ but I had forgot that someone had already pointed this out.. Sorry again.. 😁

Bus Man K2

In Wednesbury does the 67 do both directions along Ridding Lane? Only as the map on WMN shows it does... but the area map shows an arrow on Ridding Lane going towards Cedar Road.

Bus Man K2

@Adam 404, @Pat or @Tony is the 1 ever going to be colour coded again.. or since all buses are now in Crimzon will the 1 say as a 'normal' serive like the 27 & 27A. Sorry if I'm asking the same question again but I want to make douvble sure that there no chance of it being re added as a colour coded route?

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 29, 2021, 12:28:31 PM
@Adam 404, @Pat or @Tony is the 1 ever going to be colour coded again.. or since all buses are now in Crimzon will the 1 say as a 'normal' serive like the 27 & 27A. Sorry if I'm asking the same question again but I want to make douvble sure that there no chance of it being re added as a colour coded route?
Highly unlikely, as they've been in Crimson for 2-3 + years.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 29, 2021, 12:32:27 PM
Highly unlikely, as they've been in Crimson for 2-3 + years.

Hi @Pat thanks for the confirmation... I thought not but I wanted to check as the S&D map have it in red currently!!! 😁

Bus Man K2

Hi all

I want to know the following if pssible?

1. Do any joyrneys on the 231 still serve Narrow Lane or Old Barn Lane.

2. Diamond service 4H route between Halesowen and Dudley Road  Shenstone Island.

3. Does the 202 run as it did before via Ridgeway Avenue and not Kent Road?

4.Are there any journeys on the 002 that still serve Mucklow Hill?

5. In Bearwood are there any other services that serve Grange Road between Bearwood Road & Waterloo Road execpt for the 22?

6. At Dudley bus station and Tipton  rail staton shouldn't there be a symbol by the 42 as it is alternate daytime journeys that terminate at Tipton or Dudley?

7. Is the loop at Lodge Farm (Dudley) served both direction on the 11 & 11A or is it just in one direction (to Dudley)?

8. Are there any plans for the 2 & 2A to be branded again or not? As I know it was de-branded when it was renumbered.

I think that sould keep everyone busy!!! 😁

Westy

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 29, 2021, 03:50:10 PM
Hi all

I want to know the following if pssible?

1. Do any joyrneys on the 231 still serve Narrow Lane or Old Barn Lane.

2. Diamond service 4H route between Halesowen and Dudley Road  Shenstone Island.

3. Does the 202 run as it did before via Ridgeway Avenue and not Kent Road?

4.Are there any journeys on the 002 that still serve Mucklow Hill?

5. In Bearwood are there any other services that serve Grange Road between Bearwood Road & Waterloo Road execpt for the 22?

6. At Dudley bus station and Tipton  rail staton shouldn't there be a symbol by the 42 as it is alternate daytime journeys that terminate at Tipton or Dudley?

7. Is the loop at Lodge Farm (Dudley) served both direction on the 11 & 11A or is it just in one direction (to Dudley)?

8. Are there any plans for the 2 & 2A to be branded again or not? As I know it was de-branded when it was renumbered.

I think that sould keep everyone busy!!! 😁

Last time I went down there, which was admittedly nearly a year ago, I'm pretty sure it served both directions, but ISTR it's one of those areas, where you could see from the 'main road', if there was anyone in the stop or not, then you had the 'option' whether you go there or not. (Admittedly against company rules of course!)

There's another area nearby ISTR where you could do the same, but looking at the map now, I think that has been eliminated nowadays. I think it was the Saltwells Road area?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk