News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 24, 2021, 04:27:35 PM
The 30 is a hail and ride round Herberts Park.  Whenever I've used it, it's done Wells Ave and Stanbury Ave.

As for the 71, I have no idea.  Don't live Essington way and never really been there.

Hi @Pat

Thanks for that.. it's only as the map shows is serving Stanbury Ave, Wells Ave, Park Road, Heathfield Lane West, Berry Ave, Wiley Ave, Patk Street.

I was just wondering if it does all the above road or if it differs? 

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 24, 2021, 04:50:09 PM
Hi @Pat

Thanks for that.. it's only as the map shows is serving Stanbury Ave, Wells Ave, Park Road, Heathfield Lane West, Berry Ave, Wiley Ave, Patk Street.

I was just wondering if it does all the above road or if it differs?
Sorry, missed your comment about the ring road.  Between Stafford Street and Waterloo road is St Peters.

I think that is the correct route, as like I say, the 30 is hail and ride throughout that section.  As far as I'm aware, the route hasn't changed.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 24, 2021, 06:07:23 PM
Sorry, missed your comment about the ring road.  Between Stafford Street and Waterloo road is St Peters.

I think that is the correct route, as like I say, the 30 is hail and ride throughout that section.  As far as I'm aware, the route hasn't changed.

That's ok @Pat thanks for the conformation of the ring road name. As the Ring road is St Andrews from Waterloo Road around to  Chaple Ash... Although the City Centre map  says part of St Peters is also St Andrews but as you say it isn't. That thing should be corrected on the next edition..

Thanks again.

Cheese

Walsall Map - changes to the Burntwood/Norton Canes inset:

Remove the 62 from the plan, as it terminates at Sankeys Corner and has done for a while not going through to Lichfield so not worth showing.

10A - uses Spring Hill Road and Chase Road not Cannock Road.  Always has done since the service started.

Remove the part of the blue line going North from Swan Island (Cannock Road/Chase Road/Lichfield Road junction), no service here.

3 - in Norton Canes runs via Hednesford Road then Walsall Road, Chapel Street, Church Road, Norton Green Lane, Walsall Road, then Burntwood Road as shown. Terminates in Brownhills via High Street, Church Street, Short Street, Brickkiln Street and High Street.

60A missing entirely from inset (currently suspended due to Covid) - runs via Hednesford Road, Brownhills Road, Norton East Road, Burntwood Road the as per route 60 to Chase Road then Spring Hill Road, Cannock Road and as per route 60.  60A (and 10A for that matter) numbers to be added to top right of box, with 62 removed.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Cheese on January 25, 2021, 10:58:29 AM
Walsall Map - changes to the Burntwood/Norton Canes inset:

Remove the 62 from the plan, as it terminates at Sankeys Corner and has done for a while not going through to Lichfield so not worth showing.

10A - uses Spring Hill Road and Chase Road not Cannock Road.  Always has done since the service started.

Remove the part of the blue line going North from Swan Island (Cannock Road/Chase Road/Lichfield Road junction), no service here.

3 - in Norton Canes runs via Hednesford Road then Walsall Road, Chapel Street, Church Road, Norton Green Lane, Walsall Road, then Burntwood Road as shown. Terminates in Brownhills via High Street, Church Street, Short Street, Brickkiln Street and High Street.

60A missing entirely from inset (currently suspended due to Covid) - runs via Hednesford Road, Brownhills Road, Norton East Road, Burntwood Road the as per route 60 to Chase Road then Spring Hill Road, Cannock Road and as per route 60.  60A (and 10A for that matter) numbers to be added to top right of box, with 62 removed.

Thanks @Cheese

I'll add them to my observations when I get round to Walsall.

Westy

Slightly off topic, but is there any reason why NX Walsall service 8a is on the bus displays as going to Pelsall, but TfWM infrastructure refer to the terminal point as 'Pelsall Wood'?

Bus Man K2

If anybody else has pick up on any mistakes on the Wolverhampton map and guide, please share here? I would like to thank @Pat for all the expert help on it...It is much appreciated.. Although I know sometimes I can be greating on people and possibly throuing rubbish out there!! I don't mean any harm on any of the previous posts if I come across aggressive/arsry..

Let's draw a line underneath it now and move on.. 😁

Kevin

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 24, 2021, 03:09:45 PM
Hi @Pat

Do you know if any 71 journeys still serve Brownshore Lane, Upper Sneyd Lane and Bursnips Road in Essington?

also are there any services that serve the little bit of Essington Road between  Coppice Farm Way and Upper Sneyd Lane?

Unsure of the route of the 71 around Essington proper, but there's nothing linking down to New Invention anymore along Essington Road
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Kevin on January 26, 2021, 04:42:05 PM
Unsure of the route of the 71 around Essington proper, but there's nothing linking down to New Invention anymore along Essington Road

Is there anyone on here from the operator or is no one from the operator on here?  Could anybody clarify it or not? No worry if you can't... if an ybody is out in that area who is on here and can answer I'd be very gratefull!! 😁

P. S  Sorry @Kevin thanks...

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 26, 2021, 04:50:53 PM
Is there anyone on here from the operator or is no one from the operator on here?  Could anybody clarify it or not? No worry if you can't... if an ybody is out in that area who is on here and can answer I'd be very gratefull!! 😁

P. S  Sorry @Kevin thanks...
@Busman Jamie

Bus Man K2

Jumping onto Sandwell & Dudley area map nor any mistakes please post here!!! 😁

Just waiting on the last thing from @Busman Jamie  to confirm on Wolverhampton map... Then will send it to TfWM.

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 27, 2021, 10:40:25 AM
Jumping onto Sandwell & Dudley area map nor any mistakes please post here!!! 😁

Just waiting on the last thing from @Busman Jamie  to confirm on Wolverhampton map... Then will send it to TfWM.
5 is shown on New Road on the Solihull map. Its been years since it used to go that way. (The large map, not the town one).
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: 2206 on January 27, 2021, 10:42:38 AM
5 is shown on New Road on the Solihull map. Its been years since it used to go that way. (The large map, not the town one).

Thanks @2206.. I will get round to doing Solihull soon.. I just wanted to do all the maps that also had  CC maps with them then the next biggest which is S&D then whichever is the next biggest!!😁

DJ

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 27, 2021, 11:02:08 AM
Thanks @2206.. I will get round to doing Solihull soon.. I just wanted to do all the maps that also had  CC maps with them then the next biggest which is S&D then whichever is the next biggest!!😁

That section seems to suggest the 229 goes down the 11/11A route to the Pie Factory, whereas it doesn't serve that section of Dudley Road.

Another thing, the WB5 on the map is coloured yellow to suggest route branding, which it hasn't had for a while now. If that had a yellow colour for it's branding though, surely routes like the 16, 74, 226 etc should have coloured lines on the map to match their route branding?

I'll let you know if I spot anything else that needs sorting on it.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk