News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 23, 2021, 01:10:04 PM
No I'm just stating a fact that what I'd be doing. I'm not looking for a anugument. zIf yuo thimk it's stupid. I bet lodes of people do what I'm saying!! May be not people who know the area or the network.. 😁
Proves my point exactly....

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 23, 2021, 01:15:54 PM
Proves my point exactly....

I sort of do know the network but not as good as you or Tony or may be anyone who is on this forum.. But I know most of the network... I only ask on here as TfWM have said I can share it with the wider public  Yes I know that means listerning to them but when I look at something I think of the bigger picture and not only for the purperses of getting everthimg correct but also for what I feel it should looklike. Yes again I know I'm supposed to be open minded but when it comes to something as close to my heart at this then I may strat a few arguments but I don't meant to... 😁

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 23, 2021, 01:10:04 PM
No I'm just stating a fact that what I'd be doing. I'm not looking for a anugument. zIf yuo thimk it's stupid. I bet lodes of people do what I'm saying!! May be not people who know the area or the network.. 😁

They don't!

You are asking for help and Pat is giving you expert advise for Wolverhampton. I have kept quiet as Pat knows it in far more detail than me and you need to listen to him, not argue with him. You only 'guess' what the public want working on the basis of what you personally want. You have never had a public facing job, or asked what people want. Nobody other than obsessive spotter sit their with a TfWM map in front of them checking the bus goes down the correct route. People will sit with a map phone app with the place where they want to get to highlighted to know when to get off (I do that in a strange town)  Bus route maps are only used by the general public as reference to see which nus to get to somewhere. That is from experience of operating West Midlands Travel's information Leyland National many years ago when I gave out thousands of maps before the internet and also being a Travelshop manage giving them out.

So please, ask for advice, but take it when it is given and give up this 'I must have last word' attitude because you think you know everything the public want.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 23, 2021, 01:22:00 PM
They don't!

You are asking for help and Pat is giving you expert advise for Wolverhampton. I have kept quiet as Pat knows it in far more detail than me and you need to listen to him, not argue with him. You only 'guess' what the public want working on the basis of what you personally want. You have never had a public facing job, or asked what people want. Nobody other than obsessive spotter sit their with a TfWM map in front of them checking the bus goes down the correct route. People will sit with a map phone app with the place where they want to get to highlighted to know when to get off (I do that in a strange town)  Bus route maps are only used by the general public as reference to see which nus to get to somewhere. That is from experience of operating West Midlands Travel's information Leyland National many years ago when I gave out thousands of maps before the internet and also being a Travelshop manage giving them out.

So please, ask for advice, but take it when it is given and give up this 'I must have last word' attitude because you think you know everything the public want.

Yes I understand that, however I am also general public and I want to see the correct routing and not have different routes for the same service... Now I am taking on board everything that @Pat has said but if i don't agree with someting  can I not have my say?  Am I allowed. I don't mean to sound  arsry or argumenative but as I have said when it's something as close to my heart as this I what ever little bit of help but also a say in things.. Sorry if that feels like I'm not listerning but I do and I am greatful for everytilhing..

Westy

My observations on the Walsall map, based on what I remember from trips in the area at various points, plus a few questions for other people with better knowledge to ponder over.

Should the 2 be left on the map, as it is, with a 'box' saying 'at time of issue, Service 2 suspended between Cheslyn Hay & Walsall, due to current Covid restrictions. For details of replacement facility, contact Tfwm' ?

Besides references to the 1 & 2E being deleted, including that section of Walsall Road past Holly Lane, I've noticed in square B5, unless I'm mistaken, that the section of Essington Road to the Coppice Farm turn off should be deleted, as it was left over from the old Arriva 68, that was introduced when Warstone Motors (Green Bus) went bump.

Not sure about Bursnips Road, as I suppose that comes under 'Occasional Journeys'.

Square B6, the section of Stroud Avenue that is the 37 occasional route, shouldn't that also have a direction of travel arrow, as it's one way? The bus journey, not the road itself, as Stroud Avenue is 2 way itself.

Square C6 - Wasn't service 36 rerouted one way via Wolverhampton Road, due to parked cars in Blay Avenue, or has that been resolved?

Wasn't there a comment recently about service 334 going back to Bilston, rather than looping Rough Hay, as the map shows?

Square D5, the 25 operates the one way in the Forest Estate the opposite way to what is shown.

Aldridge - Does the 36 actually terminate on the By Pass? The little star needs moving slightly, also does Aldridge need one of those little boxes says what terminates there & what calls there?

Where does the 3 turn round in Brownhills, if it doesn't use the Parade?

Should Service 8 Evening & Sunday journeys be shown as terminating in Brownhills itself?

Dom

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 23, 2021, 10:37:54 AM
Does anybody know in Tettenhall is there a road called Wood Road High? If there is does it go into Wood Road then Church Road?

Thanks in advance.

Ever heard of Google Maps?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Dom on January 23, 2021, 01:54:39 PM

Yes @Dom I have heard of Google maps... however as has been said before Google maps aren't always correct/upto date.. that's why I posted here... I did in facrlt look at Google Maps before @Pat respondeed and notined it was High Street that led into Wood Road.

Kevin

Quote from: Westy on January 23, 2021, 01:40:05 PM
Should the 2 be left on the map, as it is, with a 'box' saying 'at time of issue, Service 2 suspended between Cheslyn Hay & Walsall, due to current Covid restrictions. For details of replacement facility, contact Tfwm' ?

Surely any temporary changes due to Covid issues should be ignored, otherwise you'd be updating the map for every diversion of a service due to roadworks as well
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

Quote from: Kevin on January 23, 2021, 03:36:48 PM
Surely any temporary changes due to Covid issues should be ignored, otherwise you'd be updating the map for every diversion of a service due to roadworks as well

Roadworks, I'd agree with you, but Covid is a different matter.

The map gets updated once a year, let's say & despite what has been said, nobody knows for sure how long, that's why I suggested putting it in a box.

(You could argue the same for the 1 & 3, as it hasn't been confirmed what is happening, despite what people have been saying over the months.)

And it can be removed the next issue of the map anyway.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Kevin on January 23, 2021, 03:36:48 PM

Quote from: Westy on January 23, 2021, 04:57:25 PM
Roadworks, I'd agree with you, but Covid is a different matter.

The map gets updated once a year, let's say & despite what has been said, nobody knows for sure how long, that's why I suggested putting it in a box.

(You could argue the same for the 1 & 3, as it hasn't been confirmed what is happening, despite what people have been saying over the months.)

And it can be removed the next issue of the map anyway.

They normally get updated twice a year it's only because of Covid that the latest printed editions are either dated Nov/Dec 19 or earlier.

The web editions are updated twice a year normally. First in April and Second in Oct.. then occasionally inbetween.

I would agree with @Westy.. I'll sugget  @Westy option to them.. its up to them then!!! 😁

Bus Man K2

Can anyboys shead some light on the Darlaston service 30, please?

As the timetable states it serves Heathfield Road West but the area map states Berry Avenue in Herberrs Park. Which toad is the correct name?

ellspurs

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 24, 2021, 02:27:52 PM

As the timetable states it serves Heathfield Road West but the area map states Berry Avenue in Herberrs Park. Which toad is the correct name?

Both:

https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/find-a-timetable/#/route/cen_45030_%20_H_y11_3-3

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on January 24, 2021, 02:39:09 PM
Both:

https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/find-a-timetable/#/route/cen_45030_%20_H_y11_3-3

Quote from: Dom on January 23, 2021, 01:54:39 PM

Thanks @ellspurs.

I did try Google Maps straight after I posted and that said it doesn't do those road in either direction... 😁 Then I did check WMN's but I still didn't know if they got it wrong on that map as well!!😁

I don't always trust Google or WMN!! 😁 This is why I post here!! 😁

Bus Man K2

Hi @Pat

Do you know if any 71 journeys still serve Brownshore Lane, Upper Sneyd Lane and Bursnips Road in Essington?

also are there any services that serve the little bit of Essington Road between  Coppice Farm Way and Upper Sneyd Lane?

Also is the ring road between Stafford Street and Waterloo Road called Ring Road St Peters Andrews? I though it was just either Peters or Andrews... can you or anybody confirm?

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 24, 2021, 02:27:52 PM

The 30 is a hail and ride round Herberts Park.  Whenever I've used it, it's done Wells Ave and Stanbury Ave.

As for the 71, I have no idea.  Don't live Essington way and never really been there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk