News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Dudley Consultation

Started by Dom, July 22, 2019, 12:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack6101

Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Stu

Quote from: Winston on August 14, 2019, 12:05:33 AM
The locals are on the war path.... lol
https://www.expressandstar.com/news/transport/2019/08/13/campaigners-queuing-up-to-show-anger-at-bus-service-shake-up/

Again, I fail to see the need for a petition at this stage while these changes are still up for consultation.

TAKE PART IN THE CONSULTATION AND COMPLETE THE SURVEY!

I bet most of these people rarely use the bus anyway.

I seem to recall some kind of 'anger' from passengers at changes elsewhere in Dudley a couple of years ago - NX gave in and amended a service to suit them, then withdrew it a few months later due to 'lack of use'.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MasterPlan

Quote from: Stu on August 14, 2019, 07:47:22 AM
Again, I fail to see the need for a petition at this stage while these changes are still up for consultation.

TAKE PART IN THE CONSULTATION AND COMPLETE THE SURVEY!

Probably because they know that regardless of what they say in the 'consultation' NX will go ahead with these suggestions anyway.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

BH2004

Quote from: MasterPlan on August 14, 2019, 10:44:51 AM
Probably because they know that regardless of what they say in the 'consultation' NX will go ahead with these suggestions anyway.
The survey finished last Friday so there is no point trying to get them to stop the changes

winston

Quote from: BH2004 on August 14, 2019, 11:06:39 AM
The survey finished last Friday so there is no point trying to get them to stop the changes

Of course there is, the changes are still 'proposals' at the moment & haven't been registered with TC yet.

JoNi

Quote from: BH2004 on August 14, 2019, 11:06:39 AM
Knowing who "them" are would be a good starting point, obviously knowing who your local councillors responsible for transport and MP is easy to find out.

TinnedPeaches

Having read the points in the article, I know for a fact that my elderly parents, a number of their immediate neighbours, and local friends, have taken to not using the 17 route because it frequently does not turn up or run even remotely to time - this is a route that they have previously used regularly to get to Dudley, Kingswinford, Wordsley, and Stourbridge.

I wonder if there has been any analysis of time-keeping on routes that there have been plans to scrap where patronage appears to have fallen.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on August 14, 2019, 11:11:45 AM
Of course there is, the changes are still 'proposals' at the moment & haven't been registered with TC yet.

My memories of certain TFL decisions do make you think, are NX going the same way.

I remember when TFL wanted to withdraw the 13 route between Golders Green and Aldwych. Boris Johnson, then mayor of London, visited Golders Green and spoke to the Conservative MP there and sure enough the route was saved.

However after the 2017 general election and a New Mayor of London was installed, TFL revisited the proposals, but they said they realised how much people loved the 13, so renumbered the 82 route, 13.

NX just have to be careful and make sure they do listen to peoples points of view

On my first read of the consultation, the one that struck me was joining the 82 and the 2/2A. I have had to visit Russells Hall Hospital for tests around 4 times lately and on each occasion at least one 2/2A has been delayed. Am sorry but the 2/2A issn't a route that should be messed with!!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Roy

The consultation has been reopened although the final date for the consultation seems to have been left open - presumably until enough people agree with the proposals.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/transport/2019/08/16/we-are-aware-of-concerns-national-express-vow-over-planned-route-changes/

Reading the comments from Ali Bell (based in Birmingham), it appears that their minds are made up and no amount of objections will stop the changes to the 15/16/17. 

Incidentally, has anybody else noticed on the map that the new 15 is showing as operating directly from Bromley Lane to Kingswinford Cross via Stream Road and Standhills Road.  They can't possibly claim that the service is not used in The Portway or Standhills Road.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Roy on August 16, 2019, 12:19:41 PM
The consultation has been reopened although the final date for the consultation seems to have been left open - presumably until enough people agree with the proposals.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/transport/2019/08/16/we-are-aware-of-concerns-national-express-vow-over-planned-route-changes/

Reading the comments from Ali Bell (based in Birmingham), it appears that their minds are made up and no amount of objections will stop the changes to the 15/16/17. 

Incidentally, has anybody else noticed on the map that the new 15 is showing as operating directly from Bromley Lane to Kingswinford Cross via Stream Road and Standhills Road.  They can't possibly claim that the service is not used in The Portway or Standhills Road.

The survey states there will no change to the route 15 between wall heath and Merry hill so the maps a mistake
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Roy

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on August 16, 2019, 12:25:21 PM
The survey states there will no change to the route 15 between wall heath and Merry hill so the maps a mistake

So you have two sections of the same document giving conflicting information.  Only one of these is correct and nobody has confirmed which one it is, so perhaps NXWM should amend the section that is wrong.

winston

karl724223

Wolves councillor now moaning about the changes

BK63 YWP

Wonder if there will be a trade between PN and WN with 15 going to PN whilst the 8 goes to WN and potentially gets platinums?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

TT90

Are these changes going through and routes registered, or are they on hold / postponed for the time being ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk