News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Dudley Consultation

Started by Dom, July 22, 2019, 12:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wulfrun

More bad news for SW Wolverhampton?

With Penn Road set to loose a bus per hour with the proposed changes to N15/6, is the same fate awaiting Warstones Road, Merry Hill and Bradmore, when the N4 is extended to Pool House Road, with frequency cut from 20 to 30 mins?

The Dudley West consultation notes do not make it clear if frequencies are to change on this route, only assurance the current route will not be altered. But I don't see how a 20 min frequency between i54 and Spring Hill can then operate with a bus "extended" every 30 mins to Pool House Road? Unless the entire route operates every 30 mins, which would mean the PVR is the same.
"Forward in Unity"

Stuharris 6360

Sorry but the way they have worded this consultation is so confusing.

For instance it says "There would be no change to the 15 between Merry Hill, Kingswinford and Wall Heath. However it would no longer serve Wolverhampton." Ok so that makes it sound like the service is just going to run between Merry Hill and Wallheath,

However then it says "Between Kingswinford and Dudley the 15 would run every 20 minutes instead of every 30 minutes." plus it then says "The new 15 would run every 20 minutes to link Dudley and Wrens Nest. It would then continue to Gornal Wood, Stickley, Wall Heath and Kingswinford. Buses would run along Eve Lane in both directions."

So can anyone answer where the 15 is supposed to be going cos i can't work it out!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

BH2004

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 30, 2019, 01:38:08 PM

For instance it says "There would be no change to the 15 between Merry Hill, Kingswinford and Wall Heath. However it would no longer serve Wolverhampton." Ok so that makes it sound like the service is just going to run between Merry Hill and Wallheath,

However then it says "Between Kingswinford and Dudley the 15 would run every 20 minutes instead of every 30 minutes." plus it then says "The new 15 would run every 20 minutes to link Dudley and Wrens Nest. It would then continue to Gornal Wood, Stickley, Wall Heath and Kingswinford. Buses would run along Eve Lane in both directions."

So can anyone answer where the 15 is supposed to be going cos i can't work it out!

The 15 will be taking over the 17 between Kingswinford and Dudley and I presume it will extend to wrens nest and it will serve eve Hill both ways and it will run at a 20 minute frequency

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 30, 2019, 01:38:08 PM

The 15 is proposed to be merged with the current 17. The 15 will run from Merry Hill to Dudley via current 15 route to Kingswinford & via 17 route to Dudley via Upper/Lower Gornal etc.

Current 15 Merry Hill To Kingswinford see's a frequency cut from every 15 mins (with 15 shorts) to 20 every min.
Current 16/17 combined frequencies will see a frequency cut between Stourbridge & Kingswinford will see a frequency cut from every 15 mins to every 20mins.
Same with 15/16 combined frequencies along Penn Road cut from every 15 mins to every 20mins.
The only place that actually see's a frequency increase is Swindon & Hinksford via the new 16 (some of the most affluent parts in the area). They'll go from half hourly (current full 15) to every 20 mins new 16.

All the buses serving my end of Bromley Lane including Diamond 226 all terminate at Merry Hill & Dudley & duplicate many via points offering even less choice of destination. Stick to my car for all journeys me thinks....

Stuharris 6360

Thanks @Winston, that makes things a little more clearer.

Seems that NX are trying there own version of the 226.

Had a day out yesterday and happened to catch the 17 and 15 and both these routes seemed well used, especially the 15. Not sure all these plans are exactly needed.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 30, 2019, 02:03:21 PM
Thanks @Winston, that makes things a little more clearer.

Seems that NX are trying there own version of the 226.

Had a day out yesterday and happened to catch the 17 and 15 and both these routes seemed well used, especially the 15. Not sure all these plans are exactly needed.

No one will catch the new NX 15 to Dudley, its goes the most long winded way possible. It's not designed to compete with Diamond's 226, I was merely pointing out that all the frequent services serving my end of Bromley Lane will all now go to largely the same place. Can't see the addition of Upper/Lower Gornal & potentially Wrens Nest doing anything for demand. It seems to be all about consolidating the number of routes/buses on the current 15/16 & 17 corridor.   

Stuharris 6360

sorry @Winston , didn't express myself very well there.

What i meant to say was if you are in Merry Hill and you are going to Dudley and you jump on a 226, you aren't going to get there very quickly and it will be the same with the new 15 only worse.

Going to be the same in Stourbridge, how many people will see the 8 with Wolverhampton on the front and catch it, rather than the more direct 16 route.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 30, 2019, 02:19:41 PM

What i meant to say was if you are in Merry Hill and you are going to Dudley and you jump on a 226, you aren't going to get there very quickly and it will be the same with the new 15 only worse.

Going to be the same in Stourbridge, how many people will see the 8 with Wolverhampton on the front and catch it, rather than the more direct 16 route.

The new 8 will be 60 mins to wolves whilst the 16 tAkes over an hour
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

winston

These new extensions aren't really aimed at end to end journey's, more intermediate journey's, but I agree a few intending passengers could be in for a long journey should they go be destinations displayed on the front of the bus.

Put simply, current route 17 will disappear as a sperate route, instead being consolidated in to the 15 / 16 changes with the addition of an extension of the 4 to Wombourne from Spring Hill.

Anyone from Stourbridge that wants Upper / Lower Gornal or Stickley will need to change from the 16 to the 15 at Kingswinford or Wall Heath.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on July 30, 2019, 02:22:35 PM

Am not sure about that, then again they don't give much idea of the route between Dudley and Wolverhampton only that it will go via Roseville.

Currently the 8 takes 35 minutes between Stourbridge and Dudley, given a few minutes for loading at Dudley, Wolverhampton to Dudley in 20 minutes is pushing it a bit!

It already happens in lots of places and it doesn't cause a major problem from what I've seen.
Though people do it, I've seen people taking the X12 all the way from Solihull and the Airport to Birmingham City Centre. When the X1 and X2 are much quicker.
X12 can take up to 2 hours from Solihull to Birmingham City Centre. But if people don't check before travelling they can hardly complain, its not anyone elces fault they decided to take the slow bus.
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 30, 2019, 02:33:55 PM
Am not sure about that, then again they don't give much idea of the route between Dudley and Wolverhampton only that it will go via Roseville.
It would take the same route as the X8.
Replacing the X8 shorts between Wolverhampton and Dudley that were introduced to maintain the 10 minute frequency when the X7 was withdrawn.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

winston

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on July 30, 2019, 02:22:35 PM

Don't see how you can know that without a new timetable.

Sh4318

Quote from: wulfrun on July 30, 2019, 12:19:24 PM
More bad news for SW Wolverhampton?

With Penn Road set to loose a bus per hour with the proposed changes to N15/6, is the same fate awaiting Warstones Road, Merry Hill and Bradmore, when the N4 is extended to Pool House Road, with frequency cut from 20 to 30 mins?

The Dudley West consultation notes do not make it clear if frequencies are to change on this route, only assurance the current route will not be altered. But I don't see how a 20 min frequency between i54 and Spring Hill can then operate with a bus "extended" every 30 mins to Pool House Road? Unless the entire route operates every 30 mins, which would mean the PVR is the same.

The 3/4 are only currently every 20 minutes due to the half term timetable
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

wulfrun

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 30, 2019, 11:21:23 PM
The 3/4 are only currently every 20 minutes due to the half term timetable

Thanks for that, I knew something was a miss - the Summer timetable!

"Forward in Unity"

Trident 4609

Quote from: wulfrun on July 31, 2019, 09:41:03 AM
Thanks for that, I knew something was a miss - the Summer timetable!

They do usually reduce the 3 & 4 to every 20 each during half term holidays.

I'd imagine it'll be every other bus extending to Wombourne, and every other one still terminating at Spring Hill.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk