News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

South Birmingham Consultation 2017

Started by Stu, July 25, 2017, 08:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

V89MOA

Quote from: MasterPlan on June 28, 2018, 08:03:53 PM
Not by much, especially as it won't be serving Rubery like the 98 did.
The 98 is irrelevant if the question is are the buses going to be ex X61s.
Don't forget it will take longer at the other end too going via the QE, especially at rush hour.

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on June 28, 2018, 05:15:54 PM
"One bus stop on
Woodcock Lane will not be served. The nearest stops are at Weoley Castle Road (by Shenley
Lane)"

I struggle to see how looking at that map. And I ask again, why are the X20 and X22 being run by platinum buses but not the X21. And what route in town will they take?

In terms of PVRs, and these are rough and probably not accurate, I think the current 22/23 is in the region of 14 or 15 vehicles. The frequency of the 23 will see a slight overall reduction but the route will be slightly longer so the PVR is unlikely to change much. The 24 will be the same frequency and is a slightly shorter route so overall 23/24 PVR will likely be in late 20s.

There are currently 19 B7RLEs primarily for the 98/X64, with spares in the region of 16 might be needed for PVR. The X20 is likely to need similar to the 98, the X22 will probably need slightly less than the X64 as it's a shorter route.

So combined, that would be 40 odd vehicles, so the 44 Platinums including the ex X64 ones sounds about right to cover the 23/24 and X20/X22.

B.C Driver

Looking at the NX map it looks like the 61 and 63 will be left to fend for themselves between City and Selly Oak as it looks like all of the X20 X21 X22 will serve University Stn and go along the exsisting 98 X64 route, this is a bit disappointing had hoped a Limited stop route would serve City - Belgrave Rd - Priory Rd to compliment the 61 and 63.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Mike K

Quote from: monkeyjoe on June 28, 2018, 07:08:29 PM
X22 being run by Yardley wood according to the centre timetable or do peeps think that is an error ?

Looks like it interworks with the X20 in the evening so likely to be an error.

Hourly service on the X22 from 8pm.

BigDaddyCool

It seems a shame not to include the x21 with the platinums- even from a branding perspective, it'll just look a little odd....

What types of buses will be used on the x21 and the 27? Anyone know?

j789

Quote from: B.C Driver on June 28, 2018, 11:05:42 PM
Looking at the NX map it looks like the 61 and 63 will be left to fend for themselves between City and Selly Oak as it looks like all of the X20 X21 X22 will serve University Stn and go along the exsisting 98 X64 route, this is a bit disappointing had hoped a Limited stop route would serve City - Belgrave Rd - Priory Rd to compliment the 61 and 63.

The 144 is limited stop along that section so this already exists. Also, the traffic along there means really a regular limited stop service wouldn't be overly beneficial.

V89MOA

Quote from: j789 on June 29, 2018, 12:01:02 AM
The 144 is limited stop along that section so this already exists. Also, the traffic along there means really a regular limited stop service wouldn't be overly beneficial.
The 144 is useless to 95% of Bristol Road passengers though as they don't sell or accept Nbus and people are reluctant to pay twice. Even city bound most people just let them go now apart from OAPs. It's a shame because they do offer some cheap return tickets but hardly anyone is aware of them, or bothers to ask.

WMT3000

I notice from the info published that the 885 (King Edward's - Acocks Green/Solihull) is finishing. Does anyone have an idea when the service started? I know it was running early 90s from my own memory but it's difficult to find any info.

Steve3229vp

My views on the changes:

27 and 48
Both routes are too long, the 27 would be better running Maypole to Northfield only, it suffers from reliability now and this new route won't help it, I'd run a 25 from Northfield to Weoley Castle and Barnes Hill, then as 23/24 to City, it would be quicker than the present 29. Quinton Road could covered by an increased frequency on X22 to every 15 minutes. 48 will be bogged down by congestion on it's new long route, so I'd run the 48 from West Brom to QE Hospital only and run a 26 from QE Hospital to Northfield on the remaining part of the 48 route.

Dom

V89MOA

Quote from: Dom on June 29, 2018, 06:51:36 AM
Your F5 key will be happy!
The Typical tfwm attitude there of missing the bigger picture.

Kevin

So as far as I can see, Wheeleys Road gets no service anymore as all the X20/21/22 are quoted as being limited stop
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Quote from: Kevin on June 29, 2018, 08:23:52 AM
So as far as I can see, Wheeleys Road gets no service anymore as all the X20/21/22 are quoted as being limited stop
I can see only a few people will be affected by that though, not many get on/off there.
X21 will still stop along there outbound, according to Traveline WM.
The stops along Bath Row, Holloway Head, Fredrick Road and St James Road inbound are near enough to the 80/A.
Carpenter Road is near enough to the X21 at the Edgbaston Old Church stop.
Only stop that'd realy be affected would be Gilldown Place (which is inbetween) inbound, to be honest when i've used them though only a few people get on/off there - still not to far of a walk from the Edgbaston Old Church stop for someone able, google maps says 9 minutes.

Quote from: WMT3000 on June 29, 2018, 01:34:18 AM
I notice from the info published that the 885 (King Edward's - Acocks Green/Solihull) is finishing. Does anyone have an idea when the service started? I know it was running early 90s from my own memory but it's difficult to find any info.
Its not finishing, it just the route number thats going the 1A will stop at King Edwards once a day and will be extended to Solihull once a day, it'll follow exactly the same route as the 885 currently does.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

"+ More buses will serve Quinton Road, up to every 15 minutes to Birmingham (X22), up to every 20 minutes to Harborne (27)"

But the X22 is every 20 minutes? Do people actually proofread these things? It's not like they've had enough chances to do so...
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk