News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

South Birmingham Consultation 2017

Started by Stu, July 25, 2017, 08:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

Quote from: Jack on June 26, 2018, 09:58:55 PM
Eugh, you are right, the X64 will stay on, but does the new incarnation of the X64 seriously need an 'X'?!

The X21 will be Limited Stop between the Uni and City...
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

sonic84

Which routes will cover the current 98 and X64 between the hospital and Birmingham city centre?

I can see the X22 will but it's not clear if the X21 will. If it does then the service between the Hospital and city won't be coordinated.

It's also not clear if the X20 will use the vale per the current 98.

winston

It's about time the changes are confirmed, published on-line & published in the local new papers over a couple of weeks / on the buses to give everyone young & old plenty of advanced warning. It won't be the management that have to face the fallout from the public......

BK63 YWP

Johnson's X20 seems to carry fresh air off peak mon to fri I have noticed
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

WMT3000

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on June 26, 2018, 10:23:55 PM
My mom's friend who lives in Shirley caught it from the city centre recently. She was the only passenger until it reached Hall Green so i think you may be right.

Straightlines

Quote from: WMT3000 on June 26, 2018, 10:33:24 PM
My mom's friend who lives in Shirley caught it from the city centre recently. She was the only passenger until it reached Hall Green so i think you may be right.

The general belief is that it won't be going past Shirley for much longer, but as I say until we see any official confirmation it is mere speculation.

BigDaddyCool

Was looking forward to the changes- more direct, efficient services from Weoley Castle to Birmingham and feel completely underwhelmed.

Not only have we lost 1 of the services from the square (29), the other which I was hoping would be sped up (x64 now the x21)  looks as if all its doing is changing numbers!?!?! Don't buy this whole limited stop stuff from the Uni to Birmingham as it's hardly a heavily used section of route and usually flies past the stops anyways...

I guess I thought it'd be a little more creative. Hell, they've had a year

Why have some of the 'X' routes platinum and others not. Shoddy.

Give it 12 months before the 22 is back, and the 29, withdrawn and x21 loses its 'limited stop'....

They really could have made a difference here, but I don't think much has changed. Ah well - kept someone busy for 12 months.🙄

BigDaddyCool

Oh - and what's actually more 'direct' about any of these? I'm confused!

MW

Just read the consultation. Focused more on the South East area as it's more near me (1/2/3/4/4A/5/6/31). So basically I reckon NX will throw in the towel on the new 31 and it'll become a TfWM contracted route. 60 mins round trip, every 30 mins. I know atm the timetable say just over 30 mins, but you'll definitely be able to do it in 30 mins, as it'll carry less loads due to the fact that it's only going as far as Acocks Green. Same OAP clientele as the 30. It'll probably become a Diamond/igo route eventually. That's my prediction.

Stevo

I've just realised that the bus I use most weeks, the 37 from Olton, is going from every 6 minutes to every 10 minutes as the 4. It's often full as it is at school times and peaks. Very disappointing.

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on June 26, 2018, 10:23:55 PM
They're always empty on the Birmingham section, with only a few passengers on board.
A few years back, I caught a X20 from Stratford, it was full leaving Stratford but had emptied by the time it got to Henley In Arden/Hockley Heath and operated with just a few passengers back to Birmingham City Centre from there, not sure how many passengers that carries now though.
Most people going from Birmingham City Centre to Statford Upon Avon will just use the train, which is faster and more frequent than the X20 @SL 16 YPN
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

metrocity

Quote from: Straightlines on June 26, 2018, 11:31:56 PM
The general belief is that it won't be going past Shirley for much longer, but as I say until we see any official confirmation it is mere speculation.

It appears to have been confirmed today - at least thats the X20 issue solved...

PD0000226/154 Registered
JOHNSONS (HENLEY) LTD

Route: Stratford upon Avon to Shirley Railway Station, Birmingham via Henley in Arden, Hockley Heath

Service number: 20 (X50)

Service type: Limited Stop, Normal Stopping

Effective date: 02 Sep 2018

:D

Isn't X20 currently longest bus route originating from Birmingham City Centre? It would be sad to see it go.

DJ

Quote from: :D on June 27, 2018, 01:12:50 PM
Isn't X20 currently longest bus route originating from Birmingham City Centre? It would be sad to see it go.

It's either that or the 144, the 110 has to be up there too.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Jack

Quote from: StourValley98 on June 27, 2018, 02:51:09 PM
It's either that or the 144, the 110 has to be up there too.
Throw the 146 into that mix too. The X16 is fairly long.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk