News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

East Birmingham Sevice Changes - 4th June 2017

Started by 2206, April 10, 2017, 03:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94C Timetable, operating between Ward End, The Fox and Goose and John Henry Newman.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

markcf83

Quote from: monkeyjoe on May 19, 2017, 05:57:28 PM
Goes to show it probably is graduates that planned all these changes. ( that's what's been said on fb) so it must be true lol.

Glad they are responding but does show a clear lack of understanding of the needs of the local area in my humble view.

Not probably,but definitely.....and non bus users too.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: 2206 on May 26, 2017, 05:31:08 PM
94C Timetable, operating between Ward End, The Fox and Goose and John Henry Newman.

One bus to serve two schools (5k+ kids from the both) & ignoring pax from the wood. They've also ignored the fact both schools have well attended after-school events, so sod them eh?

After careful consideration, I've realised I cannot summon enough contempt for the ####s responsible for this 'review'.

- Oh, and one of the 889's went snafu again this afternoon. That's reassuring for after half term....

Brummie45

One bus won't be enough, CTC on its own needs two buses at least. By the time bus gets to CTC it will be struggling to pick them up after serving JHN. Each school needs its own bus tbh.

Claribels gain I guess.
Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

The Gemini at PB on the 94 today have a leaflet about the East Birmingham Changes attached to a handlebar near the wheelchair/buggy area.
2126 on the 98 also has a couple of leaflets about the East Birmingham Changes on board and passengers can ask the driver for one of they want.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: 2206 on May 27, 2017, 05:30:36 PM
The Gemini at PB on the 94 today have a leaflet about the East Birmingham Changes attached to a handlebar near the wheelchair/buggy area.
2126 on the 98 also has a couple of leaflets about the East Birmingham Changes on board and passengers can ask the driver for one of they want.

I'm back for the weekend, in Hodge Hill and nothing posted through my door.

The other point about the schools, 71 &72 used to packed from the schools kids going to Sheldon and other areas as such. What about them?

monkeyjoe

They have counsellors John Cotton writing to some Paul Thomas bloke trying to stop the changes, I doubt will make any difference. The letter is on the fb action group.

Brummie45

IGo are extending their 99 service to Hurst Lane/ Chester Road to cover the loss of the 59 between Lea Village and Castle Bromwich. It will be extended along Leaford Road, Packington Avenue and Hurst Lane. However it will not serve Yorkswood.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on May 26, 2017, 05:53:24 PM

One bus to serve two schools (5k+ kids from the both) & ignoring pax from the wood. They've also ignored the fact both schools have well attended after-school events, so sod them eh?

After careful consideration, I've realised I cannot summon enough contempt for the ####s responsible for this 'review'.

- Oh, and one of the 889's went snafu again this afternoon. That's reassuring for after half term....

I noticed on FB asking someone asking if the 889 was safe and the comment was something like "for now". I know i went to school over 20 years ago but the demographic couldn't have changed that much. What about all the kids that travel to and from those schools to the Sheldon as such like.

Brummie45

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on May 26, 2017, 05:53:24 PM

The 71 runs from Chelmsley Wood to the CTC and John Henry Newman so they haven't been forgotten. 71 can also pick up those pupils on the Chester Rd at Castle Bromwich.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Brummie45 on May 29, 2017, 07:44:14 PM
The 71 runs from Chelmsley Wood to the CTC and John Henry Newman so they haven't been forgotten. 71 can also pick up those pupils on the Chester Rd at Castle Bromwich.

When i used to go to CTC their were bus loads of kids getting on the 71 to go Tile cross sheldon/ solihull direction, so they haven't announced any plans to cater for those kids yet.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Brummie45 on May 29, 2017, 07:44:14 PM

A single deck route, running every 20-25 minutes? Yes, that's perfectly adequate....

As I said, there's over 5000 kids between the two schools. 5k potential future life clients that NXWM have just aimed two fingers at.

Further, that's one parent who's now seriously considering eschewing the convenience of the 889 for an alternative Claribels service for the remainder of the school year. It might take longer, but at least the local operator gives a damn.

Brummie45

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on May 29, 2017, 10:44:51 PM
A single deck route, running every 20-25 minutes? Yes, that's perfectly adequate....

As I said, there's over 5000 kids between the two schools. 5k potential future life clients that NXWM have just aimed two fingers at.

Further, that's one parent who's now seriously considering eschewing the convenience of the 889 for an alternative Claribels service for the remainder of the school year. It might take longer, but at least the local operator gives a damn.

I'm not saying it's adequate. I'm saying that a bus is available from Chelmsley Wood to both schools.

I personally don't see the logic behind taking the 94 away from Cooks Lane and Chelmsley Road but NX have their reasons for this.

I used to drive the 94 so only thing I can think of is congestion on Cooks Lane at school finishing times.

Squiz1971

New timetables are now on the bus stops around Bromford/Washwood Heath area. I was under the impression the 70 would still running alongside the X70 as all the flags from Clock Garage to Saltley Gate only display up to the Fox & Goose 28 94 X12 & X70 . From the Fox onwards its 55 & 94 only no 70. The leaflet you get from the buses state the X70 will take over most 70 trips but how can it when it is only supposed to be every hour, apart from between 15:00 & 19:00 on the timetables, its every half hour unless I am missing something of course?

Quote from: Squiz1971 on June 02, 2017, 01:02:53 PM
New timetables are now on the bus stops around Bromford/Washwood Heath area. I was under the impression the 70 would still running alongside the X70 as all the flags from Clock Garage to Saltley Gate only display up to the Fox & Goose 28 94 X12 & X70 . From the Fox onwards its 55 & 94 only no 70. The leaflet you get from the buses state the X70 will take over most 70 trips but how can it when it is only supposed to be every hour, apart from between 15:00 & 19:00 on the timetables, its every half hour unless I am missing something of course?
The X70 is replacing the 70. The 70 will still have 1 trip a day in each direction, one AM trip from the City Centre to Chelmsley Wood and one PM trip from Park Hall School to the City Centre. The X70 will be hourly.
Though most of the flags just say 55 and 94, the new one at Clock Garage (Heathland Avenue) towards Chelmsley still says 70 and I think Saltley Gate towards the City Centre also says 70 for some reason.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk