News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

East Birmingham Sevice Changes - 4th June 2017

Started by 2206, April 10, 2017, 03:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: monkeyjoe on August 10, 2017, 08:10:32 PM
How are these changes being received by users now then? Particularly interested in the x route loadings

As a regular passenger on the X1 and X2 services between Bordesley station and Swan Island, I'm pleased that the general reliability has improved. I have mentioned before that I would sometimes use to catch the 58/59/60 when gaps in service appeared, however there have been very few occasions where I actually opt to catch the 60 now.

The biggest improvement for me has been since Small Heath Bridge re-opened, which has seen far less congestion on the approaches to Poets Corner island on the A45. The recent closure of Golden Hillock Road at this junction is also making travelling on these routes a dream, as they now effortlessly glide along Small Heath Highway in both directions.  8)

Loadings are pretty good still, however there is rarely standing room only, which is a bonus. It tells me that despite my initial reservations, the timetable changes to these routes has actually worked out better for passengers.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Gareth

The x12 and x70 seem to have good loadings whenever I see them in the city whilst waiting for Saltley bound buses. There does seem to be a more noticeable gap now in services with the loss of the 70, 72 and Claribel 55, however I haven't noticed any of the overcrowding, and masses of buggies left behind that I feared there would be.

monkeyjoe

When in Brum only tend to use evening between ventnor and city , not sure I will be asked too now slashed from 15 mins to 30 waits etc

Gareth

Quote from: monkeyjoe on August 11, 2017, 09:51:30 PM
When in Brum only tend to use evening between ventnor and city , not sure I will be asked too now slashed from 15 mins to 30 waits etc

Still should be every 15. 30 on the 55 and 30 on the 94

Sh4318

Quote from: Gareth on August 13, 2017, 12:42:02 PM
Still should be every 15. 30 on the 55 and 30 on the 94

Think he's referring to the every 15 minute evening frequency that the 56, 70 & 94 created
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Kevin

Quote from: Sh4318 on August 13, 2017, 01:52:55 PM
Think he's referring to the every 15 minute evening frequency that the 56, 70 & 94 created

Because 2 stops to the Fox and Goose or 2 stops the other way to the express routes is too far
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Gareth

Quote from: Kevin on August 13, 2017, 06:33:18 PM
Because 2 stops to the Fox and Goose or 2 stops the other way to the express routes is too far

Ah yes, I forgot which side of the Fox and Goose, Ventnor Ave was. But yes, a couple of minutes from Fox and Goose will get you a 15 minute frequency into City.

monkeyjoe

More competition for the 72 corridor I notice. Will it really work for them?

Jack D

Anyone heard of any other changes to this area after the 4th June Changes?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk