News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

East Birmingham Sevice Changes - 4th June 2017

Started by 2206, April 10, 2017, 03:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 11, 2017, 07:25:27 PM
The Saturday frequency has been reduced
Saturdays between Coleshill and Chelmsley have been reduced to hourly.
Monday to Fridays between Birmingham and Coleshill have been increased to half hourly.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Sh4318

Quote from: 2206 on July 11, 2017, 07:34:39 PM
Saturdays between Coleshill and Chelmsley have been reduced to hourly.
Monday to Fridays between Birmingham and Coleshill have been increased to half hourly.

I am aware of this. They kept the details of the Saturday changes very quiet
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

monkeyjoe

They reduced the sat to hourly on the 4th anyway.

I was going to ask the brummies what loading have been like on the new x services

CL

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 11, 2017, 11:06:01 PM

I was going to ask the brummies what loading have been like on the new x services
Seeing as neither [X12/X70] aren't my local routes, it's hard for me to give a perspective as a 'regular' passenger; as one I am not - heck, you could disregard my remarks altogether.

From what I've seen/heard, particularly on the forum, the X12 has been well received. I am yet to see, in person, what the loadings for the X70 are like - however I did have a glance into an X12 leaving City Centre around midday, complete with a full load (on the lower saloon, at least.)

Of course, being non-stop up to Bromford(?), I recall some remarks made by enthusiasts on the forum mentioning that it'd be helpful if the announcements (declaring the direct route) were made prior to leaving a stop - if not, at an earlier stop, allowing passengers some leeway - should they need to/want to alight; else they'd have to travel all the way into City Centre/opposite direction before doing so. I have read in some instances where a Walsall driver (IIRC) uses the microphone in the cab to announce its Limited Stop/Express status; perhaps something similar could be done on the X12, should the announcements fail to alert the passenger.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Squiz1971

At least now the Birmingham to Coleshill part of the X70 route will get 2 buses an hour like it did before the 4/6/17 changes & the Bromford Estate will now get 5 buses an hour for most of the day not in parts at the moment. To me the new changes look a lot better now the X70 will be half hourly the whole route not just the Chelmsley Wood to Coleshill section

Jack D

I don't know how true this is but apparently route 55 and 94 are changing. I driver showed me a new map today on the 55. Anyone know ???

monkeyjoe

Fb someone thought the 55 might use chelmsley Rd & cooks lane as the forth drive turn onto cooks lane was becoming dangerous

monkeyjoe

More changes to the x70 will now run via chelmsley Rd that's not on the nxbus website??

Stu

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 16, 2017, 06:37:37 PM
More changes to the x70 will now run via chelmsley Rd that's not on the nxbus website??

It only uses Chelmsley Road between Coleshill Heath Road and Helmswood Drive.
https://journeyplanner.networkwestmidlands.com/Timetables/cen_33X70_B_H_y11/2/Outbound/0
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

monkeyjoe

What I am saying they are changing the route away from Berwicks lane to serve chelmsley rd again (or at least that is how I am reading the fab post)  there is a cutting explaining that on facebook in nxwm style writing along with the hams hall route changes. The point I'm making is the chelsmsley rd changes are not on the website and they are meant to have started today.

monkeyjoe

Also noticed on the x70 timetable started yesterday the short 70 journey from park hall school with the x70 timetabled to arrive at the same time they both take the same time to get into the city 1545 ummmm interesting

Brummie45

Have been told that August will see changes to the 55 and 94 services.

55 will be routed via Cooks Lane and Chelmsley Road.

94 will be routed Cooks Lane, Forth Drive, Chester Road and Moorend Avenue.
Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

monkeyjoe

I wonder what the rationale is of swapping them over then???

monkeyjoe

How are these changes being received by users now then? Particularly interested in the x route loadings

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk