News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

East Birmingham Sevice Changes - 4th June 2017

Started by 2206, April 10, 2017, 03:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

Quote from: monkeyjoe on June 06, 2017, 06:14:27 PM
On that point I don't quite get the logic or removing Bromford residents links to the job centre ( not saying they all need it btw) or the direct links to the local Supermarkets ie Morrisons and Tesco. Surely that has got to be an indicator of lack of local knowledge surely?

They can always walk up Drews Lane and onto Washwood Heath Road. Takes 10-15 minutes tops from the last city bound stop on the X12/x70

monkeyjoe

Admittedly when I was growing used to walk from estate to hunter moon etc, but I just got get taking local links away which people must have been using to some degree.

Kevin

Quote from: monkeyjoe on June 06, 2017, 06:14:27 PM
On that point I don't quite get the logic or removing Bromford residents links to the job centre ( not saying they all need it btw) or the direct links to the local Supermarkets ie Morrisons and Tesco. Surely that has got to be an indicator of lack of local knowledge surely?

What supermarkets? 72 out of city was fairly solid residential, all the local supermarkets are up by the Fox and Goose surely? Ergo my suggestion of a better version of the current 25
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Brummie45

There is Tesco and Morrisons at Castle Bromwich. At Chelmsley Wood there is Asda
Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

Gareth

And the 11 will take you to Tesco, Aldi and Iceland at the Fox and Goose

Squiz1971

Quote from: Kevin on June 06, 2017, 06:54:50 PM
What supermarkets? 72 out of city was fairly solid residential, all the local supermarkets are up by the Fox and Goose surely? Ergo my suggestion of a better version of the current 25
The 25 is a 1 bus route with the same driver every trip & before the changes it wasn't always busy so an extra bus may not be feasible as it only runs for 6 hours a day @Keith . Though I could be wrong of course

Quote from: Gareth on June 06, 2017, 07:03:10 PM
And the 11 will take you to Tesco, Aldi and Iceland at the Fox and Goose
and a bigger Tesco than the one at Castle Bromwich as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

All direct links to local shopping areas taken away by nxbus is the point I was making.

Is there an up to date list of garages and which routes they operate following the East Birmingham Service changes. Have any garages lost or gained routes since the change? Sorry if it's already been asked/answered. Thanks in advance.

MW

Quote from: 966 on June 07, 2017, 06:26:22 PM
Is there an up to date list of garages and which routes they operate following the East Birmingham Service changes. Have any garages lost or gained routes since the change? Sorry if it's already been asked/answered. Thanks in advance.

Acocks Green have lost the 71 & 966. They've gained the 58, 73 & X12.

Stu

Quote from: 966 on June 07, 2017, 06:26:22 PM

You can refer to my spreadsheet linked to in the Noteworthy Workings topic:
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=4788.msg215175#msg215175

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Brummie45

Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

monkeyjoe

monkeyjoe

Interesting impressed by the x12 branding today, however X12 and X70 running together in Bromford a non peak hour time. Think it has been mentioned before the 71 display 70 @ the back still. (7033 I think it was).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk