News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

East Birmingham Sevice Changes - 4th June 2017

Started by 2206, April 10, 2017, 03:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

I see that the complaints and anger has made a news feature in the Birmingham mail. I've never known this much fuss before about changes. I think these graduates software changes might get amended lol.

Kevin

Quote from: Gareth on June 05, 2017, 04:20:52 PM
Why? Because the blinds haven't been programmed. It really is poor show, especially on its second day in service. It was only one I saw today, the other two I spotted both had x70 showing.

I get that they can't change all the destination boxes in one go, but seriously for a route where it actually matter like this you'd think they'd at least make sure those few that do go out on it actually have been updated
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stu

The X1 I caught this morning stopped at Deakins Road, even though its not supposed to now. Picked up some waiting passengers too!

To be fair, the driver probably thought he had no choice, as the audio/visual announcements still said the next stop would be Deakins Road.

The bus was 6844, I noticed also that the sticker advertising contactless payments was missing off the side of the bus, as well as the card reader itself inside.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin

Quote from: Stu on June 05, 2017, 06:52:37 PM
The X1 I caught this morning stopped at Deakins Road, even though its not supposed to now. Picked up some waiting passengers too!

To be fair, the driver probably thought he had no choice, as the audio/visual announcements still said the next stop would be Deakins Road.

The bus was 6844, I noticed also that the sticker advertising contactless payments was missing off the side of the bus, as well as the card reader itself inside.

I somehow don't see them updating the announcements, as to date they haven't sorted the problem with the X51 announcing Booths Farm when it has never stopped therr

Stu

Quote from: Kevin on June 05, 2017, 07:02:09 PM
I somehow don't see them updating the announcements, as to date they haven't sorted the problem with the X51 announcing Booths Farm when it has never stopped therr

If they're going to miss out stops, then they should update the announcements. If the system announces "the next stop is Deakins Road" then passengers will rightly expect the bus to stop there.

It would also be a good opportunity to update the announcements so they actually match the bus stop names, for example 'Kathleen Road' instead of 'Forest Road' towards city.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Gareth

I'm wondering how long it will be before 70 timetables are removed. Or at the very least replaced with one showing their 1 journey a day.

Squiz1971

Quote from: 2206 on June 05, 2017, 05:24:11 PM
4177 and 4449 are both still showing 70.
So was 4166 which I saw on Chipperfield Road around 19:37

Mike K

Quote from: Kevin on June 05, 2017, 06:41:32 PM
I get that they can't change all the destination boxes in one go, but seriously for a route where it actually matter like this you'd think they'd at least make sure those few that do go out on it actually have been updated

Be patient chaps - as per a post yesterday the X64 still shows Limited Stop on the front...

monkeyjoe

I'm sorry but there is no excuse the 70 and the x70 are two different routes and people are getting confused enough as it is. They have had weeks to sort this out pSSS poor in my view. People on FB are not happy either

Kevin

Quote from: monkeyjoe on June 05, 2017, 11:35:52 PM
......People on FB are not happy either

General statement of majority of people on facebook to be fair, always moaning about any change

Dom

Quote from: Kevin on June 05, 2017, 11:44:01 PM
General statement of majority of people on facebook to be fair, always moaning about any change

We're British, moaning is our greatest quality!

Brummie45

Quote from: Dom on June 06, 2017, 08:26:46 AM
We're British, moaning is our greatest quality!

Agreed, we love moaning.

The problem is everyone expects a door to door bus service. They need to realise buses are there to make money for the operator.

Fuel prices look set to go up as well with what's going on in the Gulf states.
Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

Brummie45

Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

JoNi

Moaning is just an inability to articulate greater expectations!

monkeyjoe

On that point I don't quite get the logic or removing Bromford residents links to the job centre ( not saying they all need it btw) or the direct links to the local Supermarkets ie Morrisons and Tesco. Surely that has got to be an indicator of lack of local knowledge surely?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk