News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Sandwell and Dudley zone fares

Started by karl724223, February 09, 2017, 08:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

New fares for people who only travel in Sandwell and Dudley
Adult daysaver £3.00
Child daysaver £1.50
Adult weekly ticket from driver £10.00
Child weekly ticket from driver £5.00
From Sunday 12th  Feb

Stuharris 6360

As usual, it seems plenty of notice has been given about this.

And is there a map to show exactly where Sandwell & Dudley ends or is it a new kind of guessing game?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 09, 2017, 09:04:48 PM
As usual, it seems plenty of notice has been given about this.

And is there a map to show exactly where Sandwell & Dudley ends or is it a new kind of guessing game?

Why do you need advance notice of a fares reduction?

Yes there is a map

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on February 09, 2017, 09:07:41 PM
Why do you need advance notice of a fares reduction?

Yes there is a map

So it doesn't matter that people will get on the bus on Monday wanting a daysaver and will put more money than needed into the box because they didn't know that fares had been reduced??
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 09, 2017, 09:11:30 PM
So it doesn't matter that people will get on the bus on Monday wanting a daysaver and will put more money than needed into the box because they didn't know that fares had been reduced??

Agreed thieving people! Can't seem to stop advertising the £8 ticket though

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 09, 2017, 09:14:33 PM

Oh here we go again.

Stuharris 6360

Slightly strongly worded @Trident 4194 , but the fact to me is it needed advertising earlier.

After all this is GOOD NEWS, fares are being reduced and hopefully it should encourage more people to use the bus in these areas.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 09, 2017, 09:20:34 PM
Slightly strongly worded @Trident 4194 , but the fact to me is it needed advertising earlier.

After all this is GOOD NEWS, fares are being reduced and hopefully it should encourage more people to use the bus in these areas.

Where is this map then?

monkeyjoe

Does seem a bit odd that the marketing and PR teams wouldn't be shouting about these things well in advance. Reminds me of how shit my marketing team are when I'm preparing a presentation for Tesco head office lol

karl724223

Trident 4194

Quote from: karl724223 on February 09, 2017, 09:31:21 PM
why you get lost  outside Halesowen bus station

No merry hill/ Dudley ;)

How is that relevant anyway

j789

Daft comment of the day. How is reducing the fare thieving? People paying more into a farebox then needed is not theft, I would be more inclined to say certain companies (like your favourite) who give change but have drivers who say they don't have any to give you when paying a fare, is much closer to theft and I work for such a company.

Also, because the fare zone is a certain area only it would be more trouble to plaster adverts over them advertising these fares as buses running into other areas would have passengers in those areas thinking their fares were reducing too! Therefore, it makes sense to me to limit advertising in this instance.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: j789 on February 09, 2017, 09:39:42 PM
Daft comment of the day. How is reducing the fare thieving? People paying more into a farebox then needed is not theft, I would be more inclined to say certain companies (like your favourite) who give change but have drivers who say they don't have any to give you when paying a fare, is much closer to theft and I work for such a company.

Also, because the fare zone is a certain area only it would be more trouble to plaster adverts over them advertising these fares as buses running into other areas would have passengers in those areas thinking their fares were reducing too! Therefore, it makes sense to me to limit advertising in this instance.

Limit the advertising yes, but at the moment, for instance on the website, no mention of this happening.

As for you first comment, if you deliberately put more money into the farebox than needed, then that is your problem, however if you put more money into the box after not being told the fare has reduced then that is another thing. Obviously it is not practical to ask every single passenger where they are going, would cause chaos, that is why some advertising is needed.

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 09, 2017, 09:46:33 PM
Limit the advertising yes, but at the moment, for instance on the website, no mention of this happening.

As for you first comment, if you deliberately put more money into the farebox than needed, then that is your problem, however if you put more money into the box after not being told the fare has reduced then that is another thing. Obviously it is not practical to ask every single passenger where they are going, would cause chaos, that is why some advertising is needed.

He didn't mention deliberately putting more money in the fare box, he means  giving operators like Diamond who are supposed to give changes but odd drivers don't,  claiming they have none to pocket the overs

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on February 09, 2017, 10:28:34 PM
He didn't mention deliberately putting more money in the fare box, he means  giving operators like Diamond who are supposed to give changes but odd drivers don't,  claiming they have none to pocket the overs

Yes but really we are not discussing Diamond here, I have seen what they do and I find it a disgusting trick and how there management let them get away with it!! Sorry, am going to upset people with my comment now, but Diamond should install fareboxes like everyone else and little tricks cons like that could be prevented.

My argument here @Tony is the fact that on Sunday/Monday and quite a few days after that, you are going to get people putting money into the farebox that they shouldn't have, because fares have been reduced at what seems a moments notice and without advertising. This could have been the chance for National Express to get some great good publicity, but all i fear now is the customer service people being snowed under by people contacting them to say "I never knew you had reduced the fares, can I have my money back"!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk