News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Sandwell and Dudley zone fares

Started by karl724223, February 09, 2017, 08:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TT90

Forgive the silly question. Is there a link to the map or more information on this please ?
Can't seem to find anything on NX website ?
Thanks,

the trainbasher

NXWM have confirmed on twitter that it is launching next week to those still a bit skeptical

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Dom

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 10, 2017, 09:19:32 AM
NXWM have confirmed on twitter that it is launching next week to those still a bit skeptical

No you asked them as if what you had read on here was fiction. Don't think an NX member of staff would make this up to be honest. Why can't people just accept it and be happy they're being offered cheaper fares.

I swear some people on here would complain even if they could catch buses for free!

This is news to me no mention of it in garage, so does this mean the Sandwell and Dudley daysaver only valid in this area if so what a nonsense what's stopping somebody traveling to Birmingham with it.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Dom on February 10, 2017, 09:59:52 AM
No you asked them as if what you had read on here was fiction. Don't think an NX member of staff would make this up to be honest. Why can't people just accept it and be happy they're being offered cheaper fares.

I swear some people on here would complain even if they could catch buses for free!

Seems I had pissed in your cornflakes. Sorry I had spoken. I won't bother next time.

I was only asking on behalf of the skeptics, confirming things. I bet your the kind of person who believes the viewpoint of the BBC, as opposed to questioning everything you see on the news

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

MW

Dom

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 10, 2017, 10:18:54 AM
Seems I had pissed in your cornflakes. Sorry I had spoken. I won't bother next time.

I was only asking on behalf of the skeptics, confirming things. I bet your the kind of person who believes the viewpoint of the BBC, as opposed to questioning everything you see on the news

Except there are certain things you can believe. I.e A Pensnett driver explaining a S&D low fare zone, why would he lie about it?!

Kevin

Quote from: 2900 on February 10, 2017, 10:13:28 AM
This is news to me no mention of it in garage, so does this mean the Sandwell and Dudley daysaver only valid in this area if so what a nonsense what's stopping somebody traveling to Birmingham with it.

Exactly the same things stopping them using it beyond the area that currently stops idiots using the short hop ticket for long distance...
ie nothing beyond honesty
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

This is what the Managing Director has to say about it in his weekly newsletter

This weekend, we're introducing a bold new promotion in Sandwell & Dudley, creating a new local daysaver for just three pounds. There's also a local weekly ticket which we'll sell on bus and via our app, making it easier than ever to become a regular bus user. 

The aim of this promotion is to get occasional travellers making more trips, and encourage new people to try us. 

We're supporting this with the biggest marketing campaign we've ever done in that part of the network - on social media, bus stops, vehicles, online and in the press. 

If these promotions and price cuts work we'll roll out similar deals across the business.

fleetline6477

Quote from: Tony on February 09, 2017, 10:28:34 PM
He didn't mention deliberately putting more money in the fare box, he means  giving operators like Diamond who are supposed to give changes but odd drivers don't,  claiming they have none to pocket the overs

First West of England offer change tickets so if a driver doesn't have the change you get a ticket for that amount which can be either refunded at a travel shop or used as part payment of a future fare. Is this commonplace across the network?

j789

Quote from: fleetline6477 on February 10, 2017, 07:03:31 PM
First West of England offer change tickets so if a driver doesn't have the change you get a ticket for that amount which can be either refunded at a travel shop or used as part payment of a future fare. Is this commonplace across the network?

We don't have these at First Midland Red (Midlands) currently.

Tony

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on February 10, 2017, 07:33:35 PM
Map of area covered is attached

Excellent. So if i am on the 126 to Wolves, what is the last stop i can use it to???
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Jack6101

To the stop before Shaw road I believe where Wolverhampton starts
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

karl724223

Also the £1.50 short hop fare is coming back from start of service currently starts after 0930

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk