News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Sandwell and Dudley zone fares

Started by karl724223, February 09, 2017, 08:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

The B'ham Mail have picked up on the fact that people from the Black Country will be paying less to travel as opposed to people from B'ham:
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/national-express-west-midlands-reduce-12623288

Stu

Quote from: Winston on February 20, 2017, 12:21:31 AM
The B'ham Mail have picked up on the fact that people from the Black Country will be paying less to travel as opposed to people from B'ham:
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/national-express-west-midlands-reduce-12623288

QuoteIt comes around a fortnight after NXWM increased prices across the board

Huh?  ???
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Love the pictures half arsed local journalism, TWM livery buses long since vanished , £3.60 day-saver

Stuharris 6360

They also miss the point that in previous years, people in Birmingham have been able to travel for as little as a £1 for a distance that in Dudley or Stourbridge would have cost £2.30 in peak hours or £1.90 off peak.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

A lot of journeys in the Black Country tend to be shorter than journeys within Birmingham as well just on the basis of the towns being smaller.
A journey from the outskirts of West Bromwich, Dudley, Walsall or Wolverhampton into the Town Centre is generally only about 3 miles, whereas a lot of journeys into Birmingham can be 6 or 7 miles.

Are the Mail going to complain a taxi ride from Oldbury to West Bromwich is cheaper than one from Longbridge to Birminghyam?

This Sandwell and Dudley is annoying to say the least, people of smethwick keep asking for £3 daysaver I tell them the M5 motorway is the boundary these muppets don't listen or look at the notes drivers have been given, driver driver smethwick is part of Sandwell. I,m gona sue the bus company for trade descriptions, be my guest I say.
Then you have people buying the £3 daysaver in Oldbury and then travel into smethwick and beyond I have explained to few when I,ve got time those tickets not valid in the Birmingham regional zone, if the revenue inspectors see it you,ll receive a fine.

Kevin

Quote from: 2900 on March 01, 2017, 08:55:37 AM
This Sandwell and Dudley is annoying to say the least, people of smethwick keep asking for £3 daysaver I tell them the M5 motorway is the boundary these muppets don't listen or look at the notes drivers have been given, driver driver smethwick is part of Sandwell. I,m gona sue the bus company for trade descriptions, be my guest I say.

Not gonna lie, I knew some people would try that on, in Great Barr as well, customer knows better and all that
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident4590

Quote from: 2900 on March 01, 2017, 08:55:37 AM
Then you have people buying the £3 daysaver in Oldbury and then travel into smethwick and beyond I have explained to few when I,ve got time those tickets not valid in the Birmingham regional zone, if the revenue inspectors see it you,ll receive a fine.

I think we all knew it was going to be abused

If we,re to have fare zones why not call Birmingham regional area zone 1orA , Sandwell and Dudley zone 2 or B etc etc , London style

Some large maps should be displayed on all buses showing the fare zones would be a good idea. Why not cover up another window 😀

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: 2900 on March 02, 2017, 11:45:26 AM
Some large maps should be displayed on all buses showing the fare zones would be a good idea. Why not cover up another window 😀

or perhaps some special branding to advertise the new tickets, that could cover up the front windows upstairs!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident4590

Are the £11 weekly tickets buyable from driver?

bubble2899

Are the £1 child add on tickets valid with the £11 weekly?
Could notices be put on running boards to notify drivers?

BusFan94

Quote from: Tony on February 20, 2017, 01:32:11 PM
A lot of journeys in the Black Country tend to be shorter than journeys within Birmingham as well just on the basis of the towns being smaller.
A journey from the outskirts of West Bromwich, Dudley, Walsall or Wolverhampton into the Town Centre is generally only about 3 miles, whereas a lot of journeys into Birmingham can be 6 or 7 miles.

Are the Mail going to complain a taxi ride from Oldbury to West Bromwich is cheaper than one from Longbridge to Birminghyam?
Exactly Tony today I travelled From Wednesbury to West Bromwich nd the journey was about 1 and half 2 miles.
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk