News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM 2016 Orders

Started by GeminiFan1991, December 06, 2015, 05:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Would be surprised with the 529 having competition, as no-one has stayed on there long term against Nx!

GeminiFan1991

Do we know if anything resulted in the Gemini 3 demonstrator being at NX ?! Their is some potential of it being part of some deliveries this year
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

winston

Dom

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: WN on March 14, 2016, 09:47:32 PM
DAMN IT! Thought that was an announcement.

I feel as though a proper announcement is now imminent

Stevo

At least we know how many and sort of when - this summer. Sort of where, too - Black Country routes.  The current Platinums are on express-style routes, so will they create some more or put these vehicles on routes like the 126 and 529?

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Stevo on March 14, 2016, 10:07:38 PM
At least we know how many and sort of when - this summer. Sort of where, too - Black Country routes.  The current Platinums are on express-style routes, so will they create some more or put these vehicles on routes like the 126 and 529?

I feel as thought, they'll probably get standard crimson buses

Jack6101

I wonder if they will make a express 126 service
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Dom

Quote from: Jack6101 on March 15, 2016, 09:45:47 AM
I wonder if they will make a express 126 service

It would have no major affect. The 126 goes the most djrect way currently. The only way they would do it is makong it limited stop and even then it wouldn't be used as much as I can't imagine many people using it IMO.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: WN on March 15, 2016, 11:15:05 AM
It would have no major affect. The 126 goes the most djrect way currently. The only way they would do it is makong it limited stop and even then it wouldn't be used as much as I can't imagine many people using it IMO.

It would just throw up the "you missed me stop" or "can I get off here" rubbish.

Kevin

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on March 15, 2016, 12:12:02 PM
It would just throw up the "you missed me stop" or "can I get off here" rubbish.

Mate that still happens to this day on the X51, so shouldn't count as an excuse to not do it
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Winston on March 14, 2016, 09:46:28 PM
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/national-express-putting-65-new-11039511

"X51 has experienced a 25% passenger growth" - its all well and good having platinum buses with extra leg room but the x51 needs all the capacity it can get! Stand in town on any evening during the rush hour and see how packed they are!

Dom

Quote from: BU07 LGO on March 15, 2016, 04:25:35 PM
"X51 has experienced a 25% passenger growth" - its all well and good having platinum buses with extra leg room but the x51 needs all the capacity it can get! Stand in town on any evening during the rush hour and see how packed they are!

Its because its an express service most people just want to get from Birmingham to Walsall in a quick and cheap time so they get the X51. If the 51 went platinum I doubt it would see massive growth imo.

BU07 LGO

They need to get a move on with this frequency increase its apparently getting because its at capacity now in the rush hours, it cant possibly grow any more if nobody else will fit on the buses!

winston

Quote from: BU07 LGO on March 15, 2016, 04:47:58 PM
They need to get a move on with this frequency increase its apparently getting because its at capacity now in the rush hours, it cant possibly grow any more if nobody else will fit on the buses!

Presumably, the delay will be down to lack of new / spare buses

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk