News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM 2016 Orders

Started by GeminiFan1991, December 06, 2015, 05:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: WN on February 24, 2016, 02:59:44 PM
100?! Hmm surprised considering the emissions at the end of the year

There will be 100 new Euro 6 + 150 existing fleet members upgraded to Euro 6 with the traps (as Nathan said).

100 new Euro 6 due during 2016
150 x existing fleet upgraded to Euro 6 with traps
157 x new Euro 6 delivered during 2015/16 (50 x E200MMC, 1 x Streetdeck, 48 x E400MMC Crimson & 58 x E400MMC Platinum)

Total = 407. (Approx 26% of the NXWM fleet once complete)

Plus there's the 39 Hybrids in addition.

Tony

Quote from: Winston on February 24, 2016, 03:36:10 PM
There will be 100 new Euro 6 + 150 existing fleet members upgraded to Euro 6 with the traps (as Nathan said).

100 new Euro 6 due during 2016
150 x existing fleet upgraded to Euro 6 with traps
157 x new Euro 6 delivered during 2015/16 (50 x E200MMC, 1 x Streetdeck, 48 x E400MMC Crimson & 58 x E400MMC Platinum)

Total = 407. (Approx 26% of the NXWM fleet once complete)

Plus there's the 39 Hybrids in addition.

And the euro 4 rule in Birmingham City Centre doesn't come in until May 2017, so some new vehicle orders in 2017 may be included

Dom

Oh fair enough then. Just didn't think there would be. Thanks for the detail :)

CL

Article does mention the phrase "Micro Hybrids". Wrightbus springs to mind... ???
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Gareth

'Stop/start technology' They really aren't a pleasant experience for the passenger. From the constant obvious stop and start up again there's the endless moaning from everyone sat on the bus. 'It's broken down again!' Over and over all bloody journey.

Stevo

I agree. I went on 2203 on Tuesday on the 37 - the bodywork was beginning to rattle when the engine shook as it switched off and on. At least a poster or two could be fixed telling passengers it's supposed to do that.

Squiz1971

Quote from: Stevo on February 25, 2016, 06:05:45 PM
I agree. I went on 2203 on Tuesday on the 37 - the bodywork was beginning to rattle when the engine shook as it switched off and on. At least a poster or two could be fixed telling passengers it's supposed to do that.
I've been on 2203 & 2204 on the 72 and I laugh to myself when the engine cuts out waiting for somebody to comment that the bus has broken down which I have heard or has the driver stalled it again. As you say a heads up about the stop/start function when they were first delivered would of helped alleviate the comments then and now after almost a year in service.

Something possibly to be added to any future stop/start buses delivered to save the smart arse comments of some passengers  ;) ???

Dom

Quote from: Squiz1971 on February 25, 2016, 07:20:43 PM
I've been on 2203 & 2204 on the 72 and I laugh to myself when the engine cuts out waiting for somebody to comment that the bus has broken down which I have heard or has the driver stalled it again. As you say a heads up about the stop/start function when they were first delivered would of helped alleviate the comments then and now after almost a year in service.

Something possibly to be added to any future stop/start buses delivered to save the smart arse comments of some passengers  ;) ???

Yes but who are actually gonna notice it?!

WN , your right who's going to read the notices, when yor average muppet/customer doesn't even what's on the front of the bus. When I,m on the 83/89 it never ceases to amaze me when I turn off down windmill lane or turn at Victoria park, some one  says driver eh this da 87 blood claat driver

Squiz1971

Quote from: 2900 on February 26, 2016, 10:09:08 AM
WN , your right who's going to read the notices, when yor average muppet/customer doesn't even what's on the front of the bus. When I,m on the 83/89 it never ceases to amaze me when I turn off down windmill lane or turn at Victoria park, some one  says driver eh this da 87 blood claat driver
I agree with both comments as I have rode on 11E's before now and the amount of people who got on were miffed cos the driver said last stop say Bearwood & comments like your joking or you aint goin' to Erdington then??. But in saying that if the info was available for those who do read the notices it might be of some help to them @2900 @WN tho some people are beyond help these days lol

don

The main thing here is as people get used to travelling on vehicles that do this they will cease to think they've broken down. It doesn't take long.

It's the same with cars, many of which have stop/start technology - takes a day or two to get used to then its second nature. It's surprising the bus industry is taking so long to mass introduce it!!

Good news on the 100 new buses - presumably they'll start arriving soon. When are the particulate trap modifications starting, or have they already? And does anyone know where the start point for Euro 4 compliant double and single deckers is in the fleet? I'd presumed 1788 and 4830 (or is it 4800???)
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Trident 4609

Quote from: don on February 26, 2016, 12:44:25 PM
The main thing here is as people get used to travelling on vehicles that do this they will cease to think they've broken down. It doesn't take long.

It's the same with cars, many of which have stop/start technology - takes a day or two to get used to then its second nature. It's surprising the bus industry is taking so long to mass introduce it!!

Good news on the 100 new buses - presumably they'll start arriving soon. When are the particulate trap modifications starting, or have they already? And does anyone know where the start point for Euro 4 compliant double and single deckers is in the fleet? I'd presumed 1788 and 4830 (or is it 4800???)

4718 onwards are Euro 4 up to 4829. 4830 is the starting point for Double Deck Euro 5 compliance.

Eric Shaw

I have tried to do  an analysis of dates into service of the fleet as at 1.1.2016, with the following results;
1999/2000   93 [Presidents]
2001           140
2002           139
2003           122
2004           179
2005             18
2006             38
2007             83
2008             60
2009             90
2010             60
2011             62
2012           175
2013           132
2014           100
2015           171
Total          1667
I think this fairly accurate, but difficult to draw any conclusions from, except perhaps that it explains the decision to upgrade 150 vehicles this year.

Reading an article on route one about the gas powered double deck  Scania bus chassis to be bodied by ADL , in it they mention one of the operators has shown a keen interest in the new bus even though they didn't have the best experience during the 90,s that got me thinking about Walsall garage back in the 90s had a fleet of single decker Alexander volvos running on gas which didn't really take off, just wandering if NX are considering operating gas buses again . I know things got frosty with Scania but business is business end of the day.The ADL enviro 400 MMC body for the Scania chassis is virtually the the same as ADL,s own integral bus , for operators who wish to keep things uniformed a bonus.

winston

Quote from: 2900 on March 07, 2016, 03:07:08 PM
Reading an article on route one about the gas powered double deck  Scania bus chassis to be bodied by ADL , in it they mention one of the operators has shown a keen interest in the new bus even though they didn't have the best experience during the 90,s that got me thinking about Walsall garage back in the 90s had a fleet of single decker Alexander volvos running on gas which didn't really take off, just wandering if NX are considering operating gas buses again . I know things got frosty with Scania but business is business end of the day.The ADL enviro 400 MMC body for the Scania chassis is virtually the the same as ADL,s own integral bus , for operators who wish to keep things uniformed a bonus.

I was quite surprised that bio gas powered buses didn't feature in the recent NX bids for funding from the Low Emission Bus Scheme instead of hydrogen fuel cell buses that they have bid for.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk