News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

NXWM 2016 Orders

Started by GeminiFan1991, December 06, 2015, 05:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

I agree regarding the 126 - would neatly enable all of Wolverhampton's oldest Tridents to be replaced.

Is it possible the West Bromwich 5 couldn't gain a dozen Platinums?

Is there a technical reason why the 4 needs single deck buses? If not it could go platinum with double deckers - not sure what would happen to the single deckers as NXWM don't need any to cascade at the moment.

In terms of vehicle replacement, I would expect the worst condition Plaxtons and first batch Tridents to be withdrawn.

New buses likely in March like last year?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Trident 4609

Quote from: don on February 03, 2016, 09:00:51 AM
I agree regarding the 126 - would neatly enable all of Wolverhampton's oldest Tridents to be replaced.

Is there a technical reason why the 4 needs single deck buses? If not it could go platinum with double deckers - not sure what would happen to the single deckers as NXWM don't need any to cascade at the moment.

In terms of vehicle replacement, I would expect the worst condition Plaxtons and first batch Tridents to be withdrawn.

It is more likely the remaing 46** and some of the 45** Tridents move to BC for exhaust trap fitting.

Liberator9

Wouldn't rule out if the 45XX and 46XX were to move out some going to YW - YW are going to need something to use on the 2 and 3 that is emissions compliant in , and able to replace the Presidents.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: don on February 03, 2016, 09:00:51 AM

I can't see WB5 going Platinum any time soon! The rumour circulating at the moment is the WB 47** Gemini's could replace the President's and ALX400's on WB5.

monkeyjoe

I'm wondering if the 966 could go platinum with a few tweaks, like the original timesaver 966. Reason I say this part of centros a452 regeneration plan. If at one end changed the route to city centre giving castle vale fast route to city( or a variant ) links to nec which is having investment etc. All about encouraging people out of their cars links to jaguar and land rover etc. wouldn't work on me but with right marketing and route adjustment definitely has potential.

Quote from: monkeyjoe on February 03, 2016, 07:07:21 PM
I'm wondering if the 966 could go platinum with a few tweaks, like the original timesaver 966. Reason I say this part of centros a452 regeneration plan. If at one end changed the route to city centre giving castle vale fast route to city( or a variant ) links to nec which is having investment etc. All about encouraging people out of their cars links to jaguar and land rover etc. wouldn't work on me but with right marketing and route adjustment definitely has potential.
The 38 could possibly be rerouted to serve the city centre? Can't see the 966 get Platinum, maybe some of the Crimson Gemini could be branded for it?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

don

Quote from: Michael Bevan on February 03, 2016, 02:58:55 PM
I can't see WB5 going Platinum any time soon! The rumour circulating at the moment is the WB 47** Gemini's could replace the President's and ALX400's on WB5.

I can't see why not - combined with Platinum Sutton Lines routes, it would target high car use areas on inter urban services and provide a good image for NXWM in Sutton. It would also provide a platinum route into the centre of West Bromwich.

I would have thought the 47xx would be prime candidates for particulate traps for the routes into Birmingham. Any new vehicles on Sutton Lines would no doubt cascade Enviros to replace BCs old Tridents - not sure why they would need more from Wolverhampton. No doubt we will have to wait and see...
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Quote from: don on February 03, 2016, 07:49:10 PM
I can't see why not - combined with Platinum Sutton Lines routes, it would target high car use areas on inter urban services and provide a good image for NXWM in Sutton. It would also provide a platinum route into the centre of West Bromwich.

I would have thought the 47xx would be prime candidates for particulate traps for the routes into Birmingham. Any new vehicles on Sutton Lines would no doubt cascade Enviros to replace BCs old Tridents - not sure why they would need more from Wolverhampton. No doubt we will have to wait and see...
As 4595 and 4596 are now at BC at some point 4595 - 4607 could possibly also transfer to BC  if the 529 gets Platinum. Then some of the B7RLE could transfer to Wolverhampton. Does the 29 still get any Volvo B7RLEs? Or replace some of the older tridents at BC. There are only 26 63 plate E400 at BC so not enough to replace all the Y reg Tridents.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

winston

Quote from: 2206 on February 03, 2016, 07:56:35 PM
As 4595 and 4596 are now at BC at some point 4595 - 4607 could possibly also transfer to BC  if the 529 gets Platinum.
Then some of the B7RLE could transfer to Wolverhampton. Dose the 29 still get any Volvo B7RLEs?

Why would BC need to lose more single deckers? if any more WN 04/54 plate Tridents go in to BC it will most likely be Y-reg Tridents that are replaced

Ashley 60171

Anybody that thinks that 529 deserves Platinums has definitely sniffed the stuff that gets smoked on there?

What is this obsession with Platinum?second time of asking and second time of reminding that it's like toilet paper in most part of the midlands.

CL

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on February 03, 2016, 08:01:04 PM
Anybody that thinks that 529 deserves Platinums has definitely sniffed the stuff that gets smoked on there?

What is this obsession with Platinum?second time of asking and second time of reminding that it's like toilet paper in most part of the midlands.
That last bit made me chuckle. To be honest, I would've thought the 126 would be a top contender for new buses, if it were Platinums, that'd be a bonus.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Stu

As I see it, Platinum doesn't have to be restricted to express or limited-stop services, but if it is to be expanded across the Black Country, I can see it being rolled out to what people would consider 'key' link routes between Black Country towns/areas.

For example, while I'm not that familiar with the 529 route, it could be seen as a 'key' bus link between Walsall and Wolverhampton. And likewise, the 4 could be seen also as a 'key' link, moving people between Walsall, West Bromwich, Oldbury and Blackheath (as well as onto Halesowen/Merry Hill).

I could also see the 126 being considered for the Platinum concept, being as it links Wolverhampton, Dudley, Oldbury (to an extent) and Birmingham.

However I'm not sure though whether Platinum could/would be rolled out to single-deck routes, as I believe that would leave NX with a surplus of single-deck vehicles that do not yet need to be withdrawn, not while there are so many older double-decks that need to be dealt with.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

CL

Quote from: Stu on February 03, 2016, 08:16:59 PM
As I see it, Platinum doesn't have to be restricted to express or limited-stop services, but if it is to be expanded across the Black Country, I can see it being rolled out to what people would consider 'key' link routes between Black Country towns/areas.

For example, while I'm not that familiar with the 529 route, it could be seen as a 'key' bus link between Walsall and Wolverhampton. And likewise, the 4 could be seen also as a 'key' link, moving people between Walsall, West Bromwich, Oldbury and Blackheath (as well as onto Halesowen/Merry Hill).

I could also see the 126 being considered for the Platinum concept, being as it links Wolverhampton, Dudley, Oldbury (to an extent) and Birmingham.

However I'm not sure though whether Platinum could/would be rolled out to single-deck routes, as I believe that would leave NX with a surplus of single-deck vehicles that do not yet need to be withdrawn, not while there are so many older double-decks that need to be dealt with.

I agree here. But referring back to what Ashley mentioned, I think there is quite an obsession with Platinums. I mean, there's more Platinums on the road than the normal spec MMCs. Whilst I can respect that its to do with the PVR (etc), my opinion is that the novelty has sort of worn off. Of course, the ratio of non-Platinum buses to the Platinums are far greater; I was mainly focusing on the differences of the MMC specifications, and the balance between high spec and normal spec MMCs on the road. :)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Ashley 60171

The Platinum concept I agree could be rolled out on just your average key corridors like the Walsall 4. But the 529 as much as it's a key link, it's rife with anti social behaviour and fare evasion. It would be like having a Stagecoach Gold route in Salford.

Tony

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on February 03, 2016, 09:01:53 PM
The Platinum concept I agree could be rolled out on just your average key corridors like the Walsall 4. But the 529 as much as it's a key link, it's rife with anti social behaviour and fare evasion. It would be like having a Stagecoach Gold route in Salford.

Yes, of course you know the percentage of fare evasion don't you!

Perhaps the novelty may have worn off for bus spotters, but all over the country quality services are the ones actually increasing numbers.

One minute NXWM needs to improve the quality of its services, then it doesn't!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk