News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

NXWM service changes 15th Nov

Started by winston, September 23, 2015, 12:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Mike K on October 21, 2015, 05:20:31 PM
Andrew Lee at BC has indicated earlier in the thread that the 48 may be operating from Weoley to Northfield via the current 29 route, so may well be to do with that?

Yes, and converted to Scanias

sonic84

Quote from: Mike K on October 21, 2015, 05:20:31 PM
Andrew Lee at BC has indicated earlier in the thread that the 48 may be operating from Weoley to Northfield via the current 29 route, so may well be to do with that?

Little disappointed by this change as swarthmore road now lose there direct link to Birmingham, which goes back to the days of the 44 service.

I suspect this was always on the cards from the moment the X64 was diverted to the hospital and gibbons road, but I would have much preferred to see the X64 going to Northfield as the Kitwell & woodgate areas already have a link to Birmingham

OH25

Quote from: Tony on October 21, 2015, 05:42:19 PM

1944 was on the 48 earlier today around 2:30 I believe

Mike K

Quote from: sonic84 on October 21, 2015, 06:01:22 PM
Little disappointed by this change as swarthmore road now lose there direct link to Birmingham, which goes back to the days of the 44 service.

I suspect this was always on the cards from the moment the X64 was diverted to the hospital and gibbons road, but I would have much preferred to see the X64 going to Northfield as the Kitwell & woodgate areas already have a link to Birmingham

Andrew has also referred to mysterious services 25 and 26. Remains to be seen whether these happen or indeed are part of the November changes (25 seemed to be linked to the 99 changes which look like they won't be happening this year). Maybe one of those will cover Swarthmore? It would be surprising to see it go from a 20 min link to the city to having nothing. That's assuming there is substance to these rumours of course.

Sh4318

Quote from: Tony on October 21, 2015, 05:42:19 PM

Really? This will be hilarious at peak times
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

WB

Changed at west brom that i can remember after looking:
46 route amended to just serve queslett to west bromwich no longer continueing to londonderry,
48 no longer serving bartley green but will now continue to northfield,
53 being withdrawn
50A/50C bearwood circular replacing the 46 between west bromwich and londonderry,
129 continuing to merry hill centre

winston

Quote from: WB on October 23, 2015, 02:59:47 PM
46 route amended to just serve queslett to west bromwich no longer continueing to londonderry,
53 being withdrawn
50A/50C bearwood circular replacing the 46 between west bromwich and londonderry,

Are the 29 & 48 effectively switching at Weoley Castle?

i.e. 29 will do Weoley Castle - Bartley Green
      48 will do Weoley Castle - Northfield

Mike K

Quote from: Winston on October 23, 2015, 03:19:59 PM
Are the 29 & 48 effectively switching at Weoley Castle?

i.e. 29 will do Weoley Castle - Bartley Green
      48 will do Weoley Castle - Northfield

Winston, I think the 29 will also do Weoley to Northfield but via the current 29A route, i.e. via the Weoley Castle pub (not sure whether it will be numbered 29 or 29A though. 29 would make more sense). The 48 will do Weoley to Northfield via the current 29 route (Swarthmore Rd). That's what I've established from Andrew Lee's posts anyway.

winston

Quote from: Mike K on October 23, 2015, 03:29:23 PM
Winston, I think the 29 will also do Weoley to Northfield but via the current 29A route, i.e. via the Weoley Castle pub (not sure whether it will be numbered 29 or 29A though. 29 would make more sense). The 48 will do Weoley to Northfield via the current 29 route (Swarthmore Rd). That's what I've established from Andrew Lee's posts anyway.

Cheers Mike, I'm not overly familiar with that neck of the woods.

s94

Quote from: WB on October 23, 2015, 02:59:47 PM
53 being withdrawn
I am so confused about the 53/129? I thought there was no vosa registration for this and it was just rumour in the end at least for now?

Surely someone can fully confirm this now?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: s94 on October 23, 2015, 05:46:51 PM
I am so confused about the 53/129? I thought there was no vosa registration for this and it was just rumour in the end at least for now?

Surely someone can fully confirm this now?

I thought someone said those changes had been postponed?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

WB

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 23, 2015, 05:53:05 PM
I thought someone said those changes had been postponed?

Its definately up at west brom garage on a poster in the traffic office so guessing west brom are going to operate the 50A/50C with pensnett taking over the 129 as suggested previously

Stu

Quote from: WB on October 23, 2015, 07:48:01 PM
Its definately up at west brom garage on a poster in the traffic office so guessing west brom are going to operate the 50A/50C with pensnett taking over the 129 as suggested previously

If these changes do go ahead, I will be very surprised that no-one posted the relevant registrations changes from VOSA/DVSA when they were published.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Tony

Quote from: Stu on October 23, 2015, 07:55:42 PM
If these changes do go ahead, I will be very surprised that no-one posted the relevant registrations changes from VOSA/DVSA when they were published.

That's because they haven't been published by DVSA yet

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk