News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

NXWM service changes 15th Nov

Started by winston, September 23, 2015, 12:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Roy on October 19, 2015, 11:05:28 AM
I presume that these are Solihull Gateway changes, probably sending these routes back to the railway station.

Correct, Diamond have already confirmed on their website that changes to the S3, 82 and 88 from the same date are services resuming their previous routes through Solihull town centre.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

wembley86

what will the new route be for the 22/23/24

s94

Network West Midlands have updated the 15th Nov changes. No sign of anything with the 53/129 etc so probably safe to say these changes are scrapped now?

Only new local change is a couple of 297 journeys becoming 297A.

Trident 4609

So no route change to the 1 or 59 (WN).....

Although, There are now earlier trips on the 59 on Sunday's. Finally!

domino.99

Quote from: Nathan on October 20, 2015, 06:59:57 PM
So no route change to the 1 or 59 (WN).....

Although, There are now earlier trips on the 59 on Sunday's. Finally!

Just one mind. You can stop complaining now lol :) @Nathan

Stu

Quote from: s94 on October 20, 2015, 06:42:45 PM
Network West Midlands have updated the 15th Nov changes. No sign of anything with the 53/129 etc so probably safe to say these changes are scrapped now?

I don't believe they were ever likely to happen at this time, just rumours, besides nobody spotted any registration changes on the VOSA/DVSA website.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BK63 YWP

Whats going to happen to 62/A now according to the changes still no one to pick that contract up?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Chris on October 20, 2015, 07:40:36 PM
Whats going to happen to 62/A now according to the changes still no one to pick that contract up?

or the 127!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

s94

Quote from: Stu on October 20, 2015, 07:26:08 PM
I don't believe they were ever likely to happen at this time, just rumours, besides nobody spotted any registration changes on the VOSA/DVSA website.
So it was all just rubbish in the end then? Hmmm. If not, I would just leave everything to the review anyway. Not a great idea to start major changes this close to the festive season IMO.

woody38

Quote from: Chris on October 20, 2015, 07:40:36 PM
This is the reply I got from Centro regarding the 62/A

Dear Mr  Woodward 

Bus Service 62 Wolverhampton to Compton 

Thank you for your email received 6 October 2015 regarding changes to bus service 62/62A.

I can advise that as this service is operated with a financial subsidy provided by Centro, as is required, the tender for the service is re-let periodically.  The current contract to operate this service is due to expire in November this year.

I can confirm that the successful bidder to continue to operate this service will be National Express West Midlands.  They will take over the operation of this service from 15 November 2015.  There are no changes to the route or timetable, with the exception of the regrettably withdrawal of the last journey on Service 62A (1500 from Wolverhampton) due to very low passenger numbers meaning that this particular journey no longer qualifies for a subsidy.

I hope this information is helpful and that you will be able to continue to use this service and thank you for contacting Centro.

Kind regards

Stephen Holloway 

Customer Relations Officer 

PM

Being hacked back yet more then, so much for me hoping it would improve under National Express. I always thought this was one of the better used tendered services, stuff like the 122 should go if cuts have to be made

Stuharris 6360

I am quite surprised given the current economic situation and the fact that Centro are probably operating with less money that more services are not being pruned/withdrawn!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

PM

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 20, 2015, 10:19:14 PM
I am quite surprised given the current economic situation and the fact that Centro are probably operating with less money that more services are not being pruned/withdrawn!

Not long until the Autumn Statement when further cuts could potentially be announced, we're yet to find out extent of Dudley review changes, previous rounds saw cuts vs Sandwell review of 2012 leaving network pretty much untouched.

Hopefully the consultation a while back revealed the preference of keeping supported bus services over anything else...

WB

Not all changes have been listed as there is now a poster up at west brom garage for route training on the new changed 48 route and 50A/50C new route! No information on the changes though so not sure where they are going.

Mike K

Quote from: WB on October 21, 2015, 04:13:28 PM
Not all changes have been listed as there is now a poster up at west brom garage for route training on the new changed 48 route and 50A/50C new route! No information on the changes though so not sure where they are going.

Andrew Lee at BC has indicated earlier in the thread that the 48 may be operating from Weoley to Northfield via the current 29 route, so may well be to do with that?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk