News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

NXWM service changes 15th Nov

Started by winston, September 23, 2015, 12:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s94

Quote from: AndrewLee on October 15, 2015, 11:48:44 PM
Also, on the blinds for the 22 there is an option for "22E New Street
Station"! Any thoughts?
I would have thought many buses have E versions programmed in for short journeys where required (e.g to make up lost time/traffic problems etc).

I am aware the 22 doesnt go directly past New St though.

Tony

Quote from: Tomf1993 on October 15, 2015, 11:32:45 PM
I know but they have to do new leaflets etc no publicity, its a headache they should just have a year review and make changes once a year.

And leave all the people who catch the 56 without a bus or let another operator come and run the 56 and maybe take more passengers off the Platinum services if they did a good job?

A very clever person at NX has managed to revise the timetable so that very few people are inconvenienced, either NX or Diamond passengers, but has done it so the costs are vastly reduced to Diamond's costs so that the service is viable on the existing number of passengers for NX where it wasn't for Diamond

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on October 16, 2015, 08:35:48 AM
And leave all the people who catch the 56 without a bus or let another operator come and run the 56 and maybe take more passengers off the Platinum services if they did a good job?

A very clever person at NX has managed to revise the timetable so that very few people are inconvenienced, either NX or Diamond passengers, but has done it so the costs are vastly reduced to Diamond's costs so that the service is viable on the existing number of passengers for NX where it wasn't for Diamond

You by any chance Tony?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

There's a rumour going around west brom garage the planned 129 changes have been scrapped. By the time this gets around the system it,ll be the 258 is coming back from the dead.

Kevin

Quote from: 646 on October 15, 2015, 11:30:07 PM
NXWM have with short notice very cleverly replaced an unforeseen market gap.

A cynic would say that NX planned for this when they introduced the 936 in the first place, they knew that it would kill Diamond off
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

s94

Quote from: 2900 on October 16, 2015, 04:31:14 PM
There's a rumour going around west brom garage the planned 129 changes have been scrapped. By the time this gets around the system it,ll be the 258 is coming back from the dead.
Scrapping those changes wouldn'tt surprise me but is this allowed to be done with just 4 weeks to go? Suppose as no one really knows yet it cant hurt much.

However I note Karls signature says 99 move is not till 2016 now?

Sh4318

To be honest the timing of the release of these changes are as bad as the proposed changes themselves!
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: s94 on October 16, 2015, 06:19:22 PM
Scrapping those changes wouldn'tt surprise me but is this allowed to be done with just 4 weeks to go? Suppose as no one really knows yet it cant hurt much.

However I note Karls signature says 99 move is not till 2016 now?

Well with the bus review due early next year, surely better to put the changes off and do everything at once!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

s94

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 16, 2015, 08:52:45 PM
Well with the bus review due early next year, surely better to put the changes off and do everything at once!
My thoughts too. On another note, surely the feedback from the review is done by now and ready to go on the NWM website? The consultation closed early/mid July!

wembley86

is routes 9, 22, 23, 24, 29 changing routes due to new road layout

winston

PD0001111/69 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
    Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Birmingham, City Centre and Solihull, Station given service number 6/6A effective from 15-Nov-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PD0001111/495 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
    Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Solihull and Northfield given service number 49 effective from 15-Nov-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PD0001111/565 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
    Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Solihull, Station and Queen Elizabeth Hospital given service number 76 effective from 15-Nov-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

Roy

I presume that these are Solihull Gateway changes, probably sending these routes back to the railway station.

With regard to the Dudley review, you are not going to see details on the NWM website until about a month before the changes actually happen (the rumour is April 2016).  If all previous reviews are a guide, this will involve roadshows in the last couple of weeks leading up to the changes.

More rumour talk from west brom garage the changes in November regarding west brom and pennsnet services have been shelved because somebody upstairs cocked them up a name was mentioned I won't place on it here without proof it's not fair is it.  I was looking forward to see what would have transpired with the changes, I assume there will be big change next year at some point leading to another garage merry-go-around, just have to wait and see.

s94

Quote from: Roy on October 19, 2015, 11:05:28 AM
I presume that these are Solihull Gateway changes, probably sending these routes back to the railway station.

With regard to the Dudley review, you are not going to see details on the NWM website until about a month before the changes actually happen (the rumour is April 2016).  If all previous reviews are a guide, this will involve roadshows in the last couple of weeks leading up to the changes.
I thought NWM might have posted consultation feedback though. Didn't they do this with the south Birmingham review? I might be wrong. Though I'm sure I remember some 'suggestions' being posted up???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk