News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM service changes 15th Nov

Started by winston, September 23, 2015, 12:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

Quote from: 2900 on September 27, 2015, 11:01:25 AM
When i,m running late with 129 to west brom it's the 48 service that clears the stretch between hurst community centre and west brom , I don't think any one will miss it if goes.

Time will tell I suppose. I know the changes won't go down well though
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

AndrewLee

Consider this; 29A switched to double deck operation. 29 withdrawn. 48 extended to Northfield from Weoley Castle via 29 route!

BK63 YWP

Quote from: AndrewLee on September 30, 2015, 08:59:35 PM
Consider this; 29A switched to double deck operation. 29 withdrawn. 48 extended to Northfield from Weoley Castle via 29 route!

@AndrewLee the forum is already in rumour mill mode over 129, 99 and the mysterious new "25 and 26" routes. Now the 48 is being extended 29A (will it be renumbered) going dd operation.

All i can say roll on the 15th nov changes. Guna be interesting say the least
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

s94

Hopefully we won't be far off knowing the actual changes being about 6 weeks away.

Tara4352

Spoke to centro and the 53 will turn into 53A/C

s94

At least with the 53 going from the Merry Hill end, it should hopefully help patronage on the 289 and 4M somewhat even if only a little more. Whilst the 289 is never the busiest service, it does seem to do better these days than when it first came about before it was cut to Old Hill.

Will the 129 be following Cradley Heath, Quarry Bank High St then Merry Hill? Would be better to have it go along Dudley Wood way maybe rather than the above where the 141 already serves as well as a billion other services (&where bus frequency is extremely high), thus expanding the people open to services towards Birmingham?

Mike K

Quote from: AndrewLee on September 30, 2015, 08:59:35 PM

Without knowing other proposed changes that would leave Swarthmore Rd and the Northfield to Frankley via Allen's Cross sections of the 29 without a service, and the Weoley Castle to Bartley Green section of the 48 served only by the X64. Interesting to see what these changes will bring.

Just speculation if the 89 is to be terminated at oldbury sainsbury, maybe the 289 could cover port way hill section your only missing out Stuart rd it's not far to the stops on Hanover rd or throne rd.
Some how I can't see nx operating the 89/127/289 through rowley Regis especially during late evening periods given patronage is so marginal. I personally hope they do I love driving fresh air about , it's doesn't give verbal for no good reason just peace and quiet.

s94

Are we any closer to any further details about these changes yet? Only about 6 weeks away now. Would have thought registrations/routes/timetables would be complete by now?

Sh4318

Quote from: 2900 on October 01, 2015, 11:30:57 AM
Just speculation if the 89 is to be terminated at oldbury sainsbury, maybe the 289 could cover port way hill section your only missing out Stuart rd it's not far to the stops on Hanover rd or throne rd.
Some how I can't see nx operating the 89/127/289 through rowley Regis especially during late evening periods given patronage is so marginal. I personally hope they do I love driving fresh air about , it's doesn't give verbal for no good reason just peace and quiet.

That would leave 2 buses per hour between Oldbury and Lion Farm? I don't use that section of the route, but would one bus every 30 min service suffice?

Quote from: s94 on October 06, 2015, 07:10:35 PM
Are we any closer to any further details about these changes yet? Only about 6 weeks away now. Would have thought registrations/routes/timetables would be complete by now?

Hoping they have scrapped the proposed changes and are leaving everything alone for once, *wishful thinking*
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Kevin

Quote from: s94 on October 06, 2015, 07:10:35 PM

Don't be silly, all about the last minute when it comes to telling the travelling public apparently
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

spudnick

Quote from: Mike K on September 30, 2015, 10:24:52 PM
Without knowing other proposed changes that would leave Swarthmore Rd and the Northfield to Frankley via Allen's Cross sections of the 29 without a service

No its still covered by the 49 which actually fits into a rumour going round YW that the 49E's are being extended to Northfield to create a 15 minute service along the whole of the route, personally I think the Northfield - Frankley section with 3 29's and 2 49's an hour is a little over bussed, the 20 minute 49 frequency previously in place seemed perfectly adequate as really your only catering for those along Holly Hill Road and parts of the Allens Cross going up to Northfield, most people around New Street in Frankley and parts of the Allens Cross close to Frankley Beeches Road would likely opt for the faster and more frequent 61 and Hoggs Lane is pretty well served by the 18.

Mike K

Of course, yes, the 49 - my mistake. Proposed changes make sense, can't see there being much demand for the links the 29 provides from Frankley and Allen's Cross to Weoley, Harborne etc.

sonic84

Quote from: Dom on October 09, 2015, 11:35:09 AM
Not for the 15th Nov but no point in creating a new thread

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/56-replaced-by-service-937-from-25th-october-2015

With nxwm dropping the 936 except during peaks and switching to the 937 surely those passengers who could only use the 936 will now have the same problem as those who could only use the 56.

It seems to imply that the 936 was never really needed as the majority of the route was covered by the 56, 934 and 997

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk