News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Farewell Day for B6; B10L; Spectra & mercedes

Started by Tony, September 18, 2015, 03:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

I was originally only going to catch the Spectra on the afternoon run from Walsall, but was arm twisted to come along while waiting to photo the AM run, and I'm glad I did to be honest, thoroughly enjoyed the day. Managed to get on most of the buses out bar 620 and 1613. Thanks to Tony and the others who organised and drove today. I would have liked to volunteer to drive if I had realized!

Nice to see everyone again, and also nice to meet those who I hadn't seen before. I also saw @Chris by chance on 1754, sorry I had no idea it was you and would have said hello if I had known

Stuharris 6360

Think in future, we should all wear name badges to show we are forum members, because it is difficult to know who is and who isn't a forum member and I to am a little shy to just come and say hi!

From the conversations that i heard, a few people had travelled considerable distances, London and Hertfordshire were 2 I heard.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

P419 EJW

Quote from: John on October 03, 2015, 06:58:37 PM
Nice to see everyone again, and also nice to meet those who I hadn't seen before. I also saw @Chris by chance on 1754, sorry I had no idea it was you and would have said hello if I had known

I agree, @John. It was a pleasure meeting you. :)

--

Overall, I had a brilliant day with a group of mad bus enthusiasts ;) And I met a few new faces which was nice - puts a face to the name (if that's the correct saying). Would like to express my massive thank you to @Tony and the NX team who organised a brilliant send-off day. :) Farewell, all pre-1999 buses. :(

Tony

I hope anyone that managed to get on the depot tour in1641 enjoyed it. It was something I just decided to do on the spot and wasn't planned

Ronnoc

Seriously, none of us can express our gratitude enough for your efforts Tony and the other people in the NX team that organised it, today was a big hit for all of us that went and we would probably never have this kind of event ever.

P419 EJW

Quote from: Tony on October 03, 2015, 07:18:55 PM
I hope anyone that managed to get on the depot tour in1641 enjoyed it. It was something I just decided to do on the spot and wasn't planned

That was kind of you! It was a nice surprise, thanks @Tony. :)

James4368

For any members who have Flickr or any social photo sites

ive created a photo links thread related to todays brilliant event

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=4039.msg162809#new
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Thanks Tony and everyone else involved who organised today
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

domino.99

Yes I did sat front left seat very nice thank you very much to my and he surprise of the merc on the X51 was a massive surprise

Trident 4194

I enjoyed it, dissapointed 620 broke and 1613, would have liked to catch a drive with Tony at the wheel but his bus was very popular so I caught 4001 which was thrashed

Westy

Yep.

Great day.

Wouldn't minded the depot tour as well.

Shame there wasn't any notice though.

domino.99

Just wondering if anyone can help with what the scrolling line text was as I cant 100% remember

CL

Quote from: Westy on October 03, 2015, 07:59:59 PM
Yep.

Great day.

Wouldn't minded the depot tour as well.

Shame there wasn't any notice though.
Bummed I missed that too. :( In hindsight, would've stayed past 2 - but I hadn't caught sight of any in around a 10 minute span, and the sky was looking a bit bleak, so yet again, I retreated back to Brum a little earlier than expected. The Platinum was good though, 935 seems a great scenic route! Great way to end the day, "out with the old, in with the new" - seems the only appropriate phrase at the moment! Haha!
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

trident4370

It was very good (and it saved me a wasted evening looking for 4105!) thanks Tony.

BU07 LGO

Shame I was only able to come for one trip at the end but was a nice atmosphere seeing so many spotters around walsall!

I spoke to Tony very briefly this morning and also caught his spectra and done a round trip about 4ish

Met @John @trident4370 @P419 EJW jack and a few others which was good

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk