News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Farewell Day for B6; B10L; Spectra & mercedes

Started by Tony, September 18, 2015, 03:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

Really surprising that the Spectras managed to see out their natural lives with TWM / NXWM given that they were non standard and weren't without reliability issues for many years. Popular with passengers and enthusiasts, but not with drivers it would seem. I really liked them and travelled on all of them many times over (4014 less so), having lived by Alcester Lanes End on the 50 route from when they were new, and later moving to Harborne where they were the standard allocation on the 22/23.

Won't be there tomorrow but it's a type I will remember fondly.

Westy

Won't be there at the start as I'm at the opticians in Bloxwich High Street, as I managed to get a last minute appointment.

Coventry Transport Dude

Will be venturing up from Coventry to especially go on the Ex-Coventry Buses 1436 & 1613 !  Am looking forward to seeing & going on them two Buses again, as it's been quite a few years now since i last went on 'em ?

Surprisingly, i've never ever been on a Spectra before, even after they've been on the road now for God knows how many years, but better late than never !!! (As the old saying goes !lol).

GeminiFan1991

Hopefully the day goes well !

Just a bit advice, what are the crowds like at these enthusiast events. I've never been to any bus event and I've never met another enthusiast as well so I'll probably be alone, I just hope its not a daunting experience !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

domino.99

The funeral of the old friends

Ladies, gentlemen and enthusiasts today we bid a fond farewell to some of the West Midlands prominent features over the last 10-16 years. For all this is a sad day but yet one that should be cherished by us all. The death of these buses should be a celebration of their life and uncompromised service through out the West Midlands.

So as we close today's funeral and ceremony let us pray,

Dear PVS
We pray you make these loving buses into Coke cans and that they have another use in the after life, we ask you keep them safe and sound until there day arrives. For those being preserved we ask the preservationist that you restore these buses to former glory.
Amen
National express West Midlands pray for us

Go forth and catch some buses.

Bob

Will there be any special guests like the museum metrobus?

CL

Quote from: clayderman on October 03, 2015, 09:34:21 AM
I'll be attending the farewell event today - and if anyone does know what I look like - i'd rather you keep it to yourself! Personally, I don't like the 'exposure' on the forum; I tend to keep my hobby and social life separate. :) Needless to say, I won't be spotting spotters, either. :P (I will be taking photos, hopefully)
Just to reiterate on here.

It's sad to see them go. I have such fond memories of the Mercs! It's truly the end of an era. Am I right in saying, after the withdrawal of these vehicles, there will be no more NXWM buses with rollerblind displays?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

notepanel

620 maybe broke? Parked up with hazards on first stop out of Walsall

Trident 4609

1641 currently running up the 301 route with a special 'Mercedes Benz O405N' display.

AV4248

I'm heading up to Walsall now, first enthusiast event for me and hopefully will get to meet some members of the forum.

GeminiFan1991

How many members of this forum will be catching the X51 departure at 11 ?!
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

trident4370

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on October 03, 2015, 10:26:45 AM
How many members of this forum will be catching the X51 departure at 11 ?!
The whole gang is here.

Ronnoc

Well I am missing out then, but I'll definitely be at Walsall at 4:45 to catch the Spectra back home on the X51. Anyone coming for that?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk