News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Farewell Day for B6; B10L; Spectra & mercedes

Started by Tony, September 18, 2015, 03:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AV4248

Quote from: Dom on October 03, 2015, 08:07:51 PM
Just wondering if anyone can help with what the scrolling line text was as I cant 100% remember

Something like:

"The Last day of Optare Spectra, Mercedes Benz 0405N, Volvo B6LE & Volvo B10L operation at NXWM"

james99

A great day it was!
Got to go on lots of types i've never been on!
Merc, Spectra and ZF B10L! And the trip around the garage was great!

Thanks to all at NXWM for putting it on!

CL

Quote from: AV4248 on October 03, 2015, 08:20:12 PM
Something like:

"Heritage Special - The Last day of Optare Spectra, Mercedes Benz 0405N, Volvo B6LE & Volvo B10L operation at NXWM"
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

domino.99

Sorry to dampen the tone and the upbeatness of it but I would like a clear explanation off @RS

MrBevan2000

Fantastic day today at the Farewell Event! I hope after today we can see more like it in the future!

Tony

Quote from: Michael Bevan on October 03, 2015, 08:37:31 PM
Fantastic day today at the Farewell Event! I hope after today we can see more like it in the future!

I suspect it will be a long time until the next. You wouldn't do one for Presidents, just a body type as they are just Volvo B7s and there are still lots running, and no more single deck types will finish for several years. I suspect the next one may be for Tridents which is a few years off

domino.99

Quote from: Tony on October 03, 2015, 08:40:27 PM
I suspect it will be a long time until the next. You wouldn't do one for Presidents, just a body type as they are just Volvo B7s and there are still lots running, and no more single deck types will finish for several years. I suspect the next one may be for Tridents which is a few years off

@Tony can you just clarify where mercs will still be out next week please.

Ronnoc

Quote from: Tony on October 03, 2015, 08:40:27 PM
I guess they will be for the 2004 tridents as we've got around 440 in service I believe.

GeminiFan1991

I take it the potential PN open day is the next enthusiast event
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Tony

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on October 03, 2015, 09:18:48 PM
I take it the potential PN open day is the next enthusiast event

Should be. They will be doing the risk assessment this week which will confirm it can go ahead, and also if it does, then how many preserved vehicles can attend

Niall

Thoroughly enjoyed today, so a big thanks to Tony and everyone else involved in making it happen! The run through the garage on 1641 was a nice surprise (I know when a lot of people were pleased to spot the Coventry Enviros in particular!), even managed a quick trip on 4001.

I managed to catch all except 620, which died before I even got there (that one was my stalker B6 anyway, so I've loads of footage of it already); 1613, which gave up right in front of us in Bloxwich as we were about to catch it; and 1436. Even got the videos I'd hoped to get of a Spectra and Merc on the A34 flyovers  :D
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

Rob H

A Big Thank You to Tony and everyone at NXWM for a Fantastic Day enjoyed every second. Looking Forward to PN Open Day (if it goes ahead). :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Alex

@Tony Cheers for organising the farewell day. Definitely one of the best days I've had for a good while. Shame to see the Spectras go, in particular, as I remember my first ride on one when I was 6 or 7, on the 9, and thinking it was far newer than the Trident i'd had on the 126! Oh well, I suppose, all things must come to a end.

Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Tony

Not seen one negative comment yet even though 1/4 of the vehicles involved had to take early baths! so looks like we made a lot of people happy

Busman Jamie

1613 died at blocwich sadly only that and 620 i didnt bash

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk